Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Naked5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Felix
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Vert PP1
Banged out the Wheels, Vents and Side vinyl. Now on to anodizing the rims, candy red.
IMG-1463.jpg
Sponsored

PUNISHER7772

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT PP
I thought putting lithium under the hood was a no no because of the heat. Everyone I have talked to only recommend AGM. Is that incorrect?
I know there are people on here that have run them over a year without issues, I think one or two did mention heat issues but also had the ATX30-HD which does sit higher in the battery box but is also larger in general. I have put a couple hundred miles on since install but it's hasn't been really warm yet either. I think the biggest issue with lithium is just don't overcharge them. I think the main reason people use AGM is price although not a lot and just fear of hearsay on the internet.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I know there are people on here that have run them over a year without issues, I think one or two did mention heat issues but also had the ATX30-HD which does sit higher in the battery box but is also larger in general. I have put a couple hundred miles on since install but it's hasn't been really warm yet either. I think the biggest issue with lithium is just don't overcharge them. I think the main reason people use AGM is price although not a lot and just fear of hearsay on the internet.

I have also read you have to disable the BMS with Forscan as it does not play well with Li batteries.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You know, if your car is a daily, and no track days, then all seasons are a great choice IMO. I do road course days to help me "behave" on the street. But A/S tires make it easier to get the rear end to slide a little every once in a while.

Looks like Michelin and Continental are still top choices for A/S tires.
Yup, I think that's what I'm gonna do, go with A/S for the majority of the year. I've done 2 track events/open track in them, so I guess they "lasted," but still, dang.

Are you complaining about the MPS4s "only" lasting 20K miles?

They're Max Performance Summer Only tires, that's what they do. You get amazing grip & performance, but they're cashed at 20K or so miles, driving style dependent.

You chuck some all-season tires on your car and your handling, braking and acceleration will take a hit.

The old Pirelli MPS tires lasted 8K-10K miles, we've got it good now.
I mean, sure, I wasn't sure what I was getting into. But at the same time, they had 2 fairly light track days in them, nothing too crazy. I'm more disappointed in Michelin's response that no warranty on OEM. I'm guessing Ford negotiates crazy discounts for the tires in exchange of no warranty.

I do like to drive spiritedly, but with 2 track days in 2 years, I think the Pilot 4s is just an overkill to get again. I doubt that for non-at-the-cutting-edge driving, all season Pilots will be great also.
They are still described as "Ultra High Performance" A/S tires, I think the performance won't diminish to a point I'll notice off track.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I mean, sure, I wasn't sure what I was getting into. But at the same time, they had 2 fairly light track days in them, nothing too crazy. I'm more disappointed in Michelin's response that no warranty on OEM.
What warranty issue is there with the tires?

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Look maw, more stripes!
PXL_20220510_205210009.jpg
PXL_20220510_205154230.jpg
PXL_20220510_205723302.jpg

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
These Nittos kinda suck. Spin show off the line in first. Kick out and more spinning shifting to 2nd. Day and night better than the OEM junk. Stiffer sidewalls than the Indy 500s, but I want to get the Indys back on sooner than later.

I thought they do better with higher road temps, nope.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
Yup, I think that's what I'm gonna do, go with A/S for the majority of the year. I've done 2 track events/open track in them, so I guess they "lasted," but still, dang.

I mean, sure, I wasn't sure what I was getting into. But at the same time, they had 2 fairly light track days in them, nothing too crazy. I'm more disappointed in Michelin's response that no warranty on OEM. I'm guessing Ford negotiates crazy discounts for the tires in exchange of no warranty.

I do like to drive spiritedly, but with 2 track days in 2 years, I think the Pilot 4s is just an overkill to get again. I doubt that for non-at-the-cutting-edge driving, all season Pilots will be great also.
They are still described as "Ultra High Performance" A/S tires, I think the performance won't diminish to a point I'll notice off track.
Michelin does provide the warranty for OEM, because they are covered under the factory warranty. I don’t think any tire manufacturer warranties OEM tires. Had an issue with the tires on my wife’s Subaru Ascent with uneven wear at about 12k. The dealer replaced them under warranty.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Called Michelin about their Pilot 4S tires the car came with. The manufacturer's warranty is void if it is OEM equipment (which in itself is bull). If staggered set, which the Bullitt came with halves the warranty (if they were new) from 30k to 15k miles anyway.
As someone else mentioned, the OEM tire warranty is covered through the car manufacturer's tire warranty. Pretty much the same with all car manufacturers. You should have got a pamphlet on the tire warranty, and if not it can be found on Ford's website for your car.

I can see why a tire manufacturer would cut the warranty duration on tires that can't be rotated - ie, the staggered setup.

So after 25k miles and couple of the tires worn into the belting (noticed at tire swap, hence why I'm still on winters),
Didn't you have an alignment issue? And it could also be that the Bullitt comes with a more aggressive track type of alignment, which will wear out the inside edges faster.

Modulom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pascal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 PP1, Ford Edge 2008 SEL
Called Michelin about their Pilot 4S tires the car came with. The manufacturer's warranty is void if it is OEM equipment (which in itself is bull). If staggered set, which the Bullitt came with halves the warranty (if they were new) from 30k to 15k miles anyway.

So after 25k miles and couple of the tires worn into the belting (noticed at tire swap, hence why I'm still on winters), I'm shopping for new. Kind of wanted to avoid Michelin due to this, but Costco has a deal for all-season Pilots for $1200 with install, which is about $200-300 cheaper than I've found tire rack etc.

Therefore probably gonna put all seasons on and keep the winters for only the harshest portions of winter Dec-Feb....
I'm sorry but can't beat Michelin

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
These Nittos kinda suck. Spin show off the line in first. Kick out and more spinning shifting to 2nd. Day and night better than the OEM junk. Stiffer sidewalls than the Indy 500s, but I want to get the Indys back on sooner than later.

I wont get Nittos again either.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
My water deionizer got delivered so I can spot free wash my black beauty.

PXL_20220510_223726712.jpg
I really like the "Mr. Clean" wash unit that you could install a water filter in, then do the final rinse with the filtered water. It worked great ... and of course they stopped making it. 😒

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

Which nittos are you referring to? For the street use, indys are simply amazing as long as they get some heat first. Even on a track, they are still fun to drive and wear looks great so far. For the price, it's a no brainer.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Keep us posted on the performance, curious. I was recently looking into this myself but kept coming across people and manufacturers stating not to replace your car battery with one.
Sponsored