Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
heh tell that to the road-side support truck who had to go find a 8lb sledge to get the rim to 'unglue' itself.
some extreme cases are not covered 😁. one might want to upgrade to 4x4 to add some mass.

my cars usually get wheels swapped twice a year before and after winter, but wheels sometimes still refuse to go off without a slap. anti-seize on drums seems to be making sense, but I never tried it.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Drove it to work today and needed to fill up for the first time this year.
Nearly choked when I got gas. I only put 45L (12gal) in. This station was one of the cheaper ones too. Sorry, car no 94 for you today. Conversion: That's $8.33 a gal for 91 octane.
20220509_083658.jpg
yeah, two bucks per liter of regular fuel is pushing it to a point when some life decisions need to be made. I think it will just get worse in near term.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
Lowered it on BMR Handling springs. Did the black accent package conversion and MP Concepts decklid panel. Roush axle back Wednesday. Gloss black roof wrap next week:

FBDF6CFC-1040-4D62-AB0A-4650969B312E.jpeg

Last edited:

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Dropped it off at the dealer again...car is cursed...

Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
How many times at the dealership now?
What is/are the issues you are having?
this is 2ed time, 1st was another dealer that replaced the engine but apparently fucked it up... it was there for 3-4 months....

I made a post in the Issues forum, but its making a grinding when slowing down. Sounds like large bolts in a bolt cleaner thing... and when in S mode if i switch from 1 to 2 it lunges... i thought it was trans but they arent sure. Its got 1200 on new engine and 13k on the car itself...

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
this is 2ed time, 1st was another dealer that replaced the engine but apparently fucked it up... it was there for 3-4 months....

I made a post in the Issues forum, but its making a grinding when slowing down. Sounds like large bolts in a bolt cleaner thing... and when in S mode if i switch from 1 to 2 it lunges... i thought it was trans but they arent sure. Its got 1200 on new engine and 13k on the car itself...
Damn, not good.
Good luck man.

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
What was your process to remove the oil filler neck? Ima too scared, I read plastic tabs might break off inside. Call me a sissy.
Ok I finally did it! LOL. So there looks like there is a tab that locks it in… I’m assuming this is the “click” everyone hears when removing. I also assuming it is single use by design, so no re-installing. Pics for those that care:crazy::

B88BE14D-45E1-41F5-A2C9-20BDCB18737A.jpeg

ED905171-602A-47CF-B7B1-46F2C35D9C00.jpeg

CBC1AD53-1FD9-4AB5-B55D-6DF3BFEB5AA1.jpeg

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"

Sponsored

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
They are a reasonably rare sight in the U.K. now, I bet aren’t many over there ! :like:

WD :like:
I'm so grateful I get to see one in person here.

Modulom4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pascal
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 PP1, Ford Edge 2008 SEL
Drove it to work today and needed to fill up for the first time this year.
Nearly choked when I got gas. I only put 45L (12gal) in. This station was one of the cheaper ones too. Sorry, car no 94 for you today. Conversion: That's $8.33 a gal for 91 octane.
20220509_083658.jpg
130$ of 91 (2.29.9$)in Montreal last sunday

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Called Michelin about their Pilot 4S tires the car came with. The manufacturer's warranty is void if it is OEM equipment (which in itself is bull). If staggered set, which the Bullitt came with halves the warranty (if they were new) from 30k to 15k miles anyway.

So after 25k miles and couple of the tires worn into the belting (noticed at tire swap, hence why I'm still on winters), I'm shopping for new. Kind of wanted to avoid Michelin due to this, but Costco has a deal for all-season Pilots for $1200 with install, which is about $200-300 cheaper than I've found tire rack etc.

Therefore probably gonna put all seasons on and keep the winters for only the harshest portions of winter Dec-Feb....

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Called Michelin about their Pilot 4S tires the car came with. The manufacturer's warranty is void if it is OEM equipment (which in itself is bull). If staggered set, which the Bullitt came with halves the warranty (if they were new) from 30k to 15k miles anyway.

So after 25k miles and couple of the tires worn into the belting (noticed at tire swap, hence why I'm still on winters), I'm shopping for new. Kind of wanted to avoid Michelin due to this, but Costco has a deal for all-season Pilots for $1200 with install, which is about $200-300 cheaper than I've found tire rack etc.

Therefore probably gonna put all seasons on and keep the winters for only the harshest portions of winter Dec-Feb....
You know, if your car is a daily, and no track days, then all seasons are a great choice IMO. I do road course days to help me "behave" on the street. But A/S tires make it easier to get the rear end to slide a little every once in a while.

Looks like Michelin and Continental are still top choices for A/S tires.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Are you complaining about the MPS4s "only" lasting 20K miles?

They're Max Performance Summer Only tires, that's what they do. You get amazing grip & performance, but they're cashed at 20K or so miles, driving style dependent.

You chuck some all-season tires on your car and your handling, braking and acceleration will take a hit.

The old Pirelli MPS tires lasted 8K-10K miles, we've got it good now.
Sponsored

Last edited: