Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
If your wheel ever get "glued" to a hub, remove all lug nuts, then thread one back on just enough to prevent wheel from falling off. Take a piece of 2×6 and gently whack inner side of the tire sidewall with it. Don't hit the rim itself. One light punch is typically enough to unstick it.

I saw some people here advising to put loctite on wheel studs, others now sugges to put anti-seize there. A lot of moronic ideas flowing around :crazy:
Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
I'm in love with the '22 M4 Competition.
Wow, what a gorgeous car,....especially in that Wildberry color.
She’s all for the bigger bodies. Likely gonna get an 850i xdrive vert.

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
My Gorilla (61148BCX)wheel nuts came the other week. Finally had time today in the sunshine to fit them. So pleased. The originals were on their last legs, one in particular I had to hammer on a socket to get it off. I didn't do this to them but guessing past owner just wasn't careful.

Finally I can put them on / off with one type of socket (21mm) without them being all different shapes and sizes. 😁

Gorilla-Wheel-Nuts-1.jpg

Gorilla-Wheel-Nuts-2.jpg

Gorilla-Wheel-Nuts-3.jpg

Gorilla-Wheel-Nuts-Rounded.jpg

Gorilla-Wheel-Nuts-Rounded2.jpg

Gorilla-Wheel-Nuts-Font.jpg

Gorilla-Wheel-Nuts-Side.jpg

Much better. :)
If your wheel ever get "glued" to a hub, remove all lug nuts, then thread one back on just enough to prevent wheel from falling off. Take a piece of 2×6 and gently whack inner side of the tire sidewall with it. Don't hit the rim itself. One light punch is typically enough to unstick it.

I saw some people here advising to put loctite on wheel studs, others now sugges to put anti-seize there. A lot of moronic ideas flowing around :crazy:
You mean it is not advisable to use red loctite on lug nuts?

Richard

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Washed it along with the rest of the fleet; GF’s car reeks of burning coolant. Good thing we're shopping for an M6 or 8 series vert.

IMG_1887.jpeg
If your talking about the 650 with a coolant smell, 99% chance it’s the hoses feeding the turbos. It’s actually an easy repair if you can get some hose material. The “proper” repair is to replace the entire lines, metal and all, but it will do it again in time. The crimp type hose clamps start to loosen with the heat from the turbos and will seep, then eventually leak. People also tend to overtighten the hose clamps which makes them leak faster as well.

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
If your talking about the 650 with a coolant smell, 99% chance it’s the hoses feeding the turbos. It’s actually an easy repair if you can get some hose material. The “proper” repair is to replace the entire lines, metal and all, but it will do it again in time. The crimp type hose clamps start to loosen with the heat from the turbos and will seep, then eventually leak. People also tend to overtighten the hose clamps which makes them leak faster as well.
It’s a 2012 650i
Pretty sure it’s a leak from an intercooler that will require the motor to be dropped. At least that’s what she was told.
I did find guides on the leak you’re talking about. I would DIY it, if I could.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It’s a 2012 650i
Pretty sure it’s a leak from an intercooler that will require the motor to be dropped. At least that’s what she was told.
I did find guides on the leak you’re talking about. I would DIY it, if I could.
The intercoolers (there’s 2 of them) do not require dropping the engine. In fact there’s no coolant leak that I can think of that would require that. Now, if there’s other oil leaks as well, that’s a different story…

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
The intercoolers (there’s 2 of them) do not require dropping the engine. In fact there’s no coolant leak that I can think of that would require that. Now, if there’s other oil leaks as well, that’s a different story…
Cool thanks for the info. I’m just going off second hand info. I’d like to fix it for her, but she’s selling regardless.
Will have a new 6 or 8 series soon…with a warranty 😂

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Cool thanks for the info. I’m just going off second hand info. I’d like to fix it for her, but she’s selling regardless.
Will have a new 6 or 8 series soon…with a warranty 😂
If it’s going to be new, then it will be an 8 series. The M850 is a fun and sexy car. Has a fairly rowdy exhaust (for a factory luxury car) if you push the shifter to the left for sport and also hit the sport button. I think they sound better than the M8, personally.

Sponsored

ti-dé

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
mustang california special 2016 mustang coupe 1966
put the mustang back on the road today, I did about 125 kilometers.yesterday my focus 2013 still has a check engine (imediat transmission service)still the faulty transmission module.was replaced 7 months ago

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I missed you by a couple of days, was there on Wednesday.
Jeeze, Moving to Stuart in a couple of weeks, maybe meet up this weekend?

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Finally got some time on the lift and got my G-Trac brace installed.
brace.jpg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Drove it to work today and needed to fill up for the first time this year.
Nearly choked when I got gas. I only put 45L (12gal) in. This station was one of the cheaper ones too. Sorry, car no 94 for you today. Conversion: That's $8.33 a gal for 91 octane.
20220509_083658.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Don't hit the rim itself. One light punch is typically enough to unstick it.
heh tell that to the road-side support truck who had to go find a 8lb sledge to get the rim to 'unglue' itself.
Sponsored