Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Drove waaaaaay too fast.

Been playin' Gran Turismo 7.......bad influence.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Car looks sharp, and that's a good photo..
Objectively, it's not a good photo. It's about the new wheels, but virtually all of them are in the shade lol

Sponsored

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Last night at Costco. Windows down. Cart wranglers in the lot. Younger guy points at the Mustang asks an older guy, "What car is that?" “That's a Camaro,” he says. If I had been hit with a cattle prod I could not have been more shocked and hurt. Don't know if he is was messing with him or just car clueless.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
They are reliable, but you never know what you're getting when you buy used, unfortunately. If it's a 3.5, head gasket failure is extremely rare. Maybe someone tuned it and ran the piss out of it?

Regardless imo it's better to just get a new engine. Too much can go wrong to be putting that kinda money into a 106k mile engine.
Yeah, I've read that the 3.5 are actually pretty reliable and would expect the gen2 (used from 2017 on) to be even better, even though it's a newer product.
It is super rare, dealer was surprised and I'm pretty sure noy many have been done this early.

I've called Ford, they might try to help out, but it's gotta be registered owner talking to them, i.e. my wife. I'll be on the speaker with her for sure tho.

Technician suggested the same. Before dumping $5k into head gasket and then potentially exposing future failure down the road, he'd either trade it in (and how can I, in today's environment, I'd get bent over on replacement vehicle anyway) or drop it a new engine, but then I gotta drive that bi*ch till it rusts out. Regardless, shitty thing to have to contemplate at 106k. We bought it used with 90k miles. I guess I don't know if previous owner(s) had a tune, I'm guessing dealer doesn't check for that by default.

Thanks for your input and sorry for spamming with a different vehicle (albeit Ford) on a Mustang forum.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Added FRRP 'Carbon Fiber' shift knob. My biggest concern was getting the old knob off (that's what she said) but boy was I wrong. Came right off without a fight and I was using my left hand! Getting the new one on got easier and easier as I added layers of electrical tape to the outside though the instructions said 5 turns it took 7 to get the reverse lockout recessed like the stocker...

tempImageOCV0QD.jpg

JnBama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Installed hood struts this morning

20220409_101432_HDR strut.jpg

20220409_101402  eng strut mish upr.jpg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Added FRRP 'Carbon Fiber' shift knob. My biggest concern was getting the old knob off (that's what she said) but boy was I wrong. Came right off without a fight and I was using my left hand! Getting the new one on got easier and easier as I added layers of electrical tape to the outside though the instructions said 5 turns it took 7 to get the reverse lockout recessed like the stocker...

tempImageOCV0QD.jpg
Of course the ole' knob comes right off! :giggle:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well cause there is still a shit ton of snow on the ground.. Clay barring the wheels. Tedious haha.
20220409_131633_HDR.jpg

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
I installed the Steeda clutch return spring today. I like the feel. I really like the feel of the new Hurst shifter.
FF626B68-60C2-490B-89CF-EC3A164DDE71.jpeg
Sponsored