Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Mine are no longer tight like they were when I first put them in, and have lifted a little. I think I will add some double sided tape to keep them down.

Got mine this week, great addition.

20220108_090809.jpg
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Finishing up my Katzkin install. Perforated center black with Sunrise yellow stitching and barracuda yellow wings. Picture is before steaming so don't mind the wrinkles.
IMG_2169-2.jpg
Nice work. I did the rears of my F-150 and it's the best upgrade ever. Really nice quality.

If I can ever find the time I really want to wrap up the fronts too.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
yep....driven there many times. My kid attened school in the city so a couple years of moving her in and out of dorms! Funny story about Queens....a few years ago I had to go to a job site at Big 6 condos. Took the 59th st bridge into Queens with no problem. Going home was a bit different. There was construction to the entrance ramp and I must have gone in circles for about a half hour until I could find my way back on the bridge! :cwl: GPS kept trying to take me other ways but I was determined to go back the way I came in!
Yea, the Ed Koch bridge can be hard to get to. Theres no highway connection and there always seems to be construction near the Queens side. But its free, so we always use it if we are going uptown. I am closer to the Nassau border so its not as bad over here, most of the time.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Popped in the door cups all the cool kids here have been buying lately.

Then I took it to work; well no, it took me to work. First time driving it since I got back from NM. :inlove:
I almost bought those last week, but alas, I'm not a cool kid ;-) ;-)

Actually I decided against them because I dont want to encourage any pedestrian/mundane storage potentials. I have a 'water only' policy in the Bullitt. Mrs Bulldog would have those pockets full of crap in no time lol.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As you can get your hand to them from under the car and without moving anything out of the way, water will find the backs for sure if you are an all weather driver.

I think even a standard jet wash to the outer lens face would get the connector wet on the back of the unit.

From a U.K. perspective this is why I opted not to do them (yet).

The U.K. cars aren’t illuminated as standard so people just bodge the holder (normally a push in rubber bung thing smeared in lots of silicone sealant).

I will do them once I can get the correct bulb holders that sit between the housing and the loom, that’s the thing that helps with the correct seal.

My U.K. ford dealer doesn’t seem to be able to find the bulb holder - I will pick a few up next time I am in the states :like:

1642109524110.jpeg

In the meantime, I have a standard set of USDM markers fitted with the hole bunged up on the back - just so I can get rid of the crappy orange reflectors that we get on our U.K. cars (that look horrible with grabber lime) :

1642109334780.jpeg

Standard U.K. spec :

1642109731213.jpeg

WD :like:
Yeah, European lighting regulations are lot stricter, I know that as European myself. I really do like compulsory amber blinkers, red are just not that good especially when replacing a brake light function.
However, I do love the unique tri-bar sequential US-spec.

Makes sense with water intrusion. Much like with houses and anything, water ALWAYS finds a way.

They are left and right cups:
PXL_20220113_235845570.jpg
PXL_20220113_235904034.jpg
I think I might need to pull the trigger on these. I daily mine and try to keep it clean, but it would be nice to be able to offload my pockets and not always use the middle console.

I almost bought those last week, but alas, I'm not a cool kid ;-) ;-)

Actually I decided against them because I dont want to encourage any pedestrian/mundane storage potentials. I have a 'water only' policy in the Bullitt. Mrs Bulldog would have those pockets full of crap in no time lol.
I have a no eating policy, but then again, I am married, so my word means jacks*it. :crackup:
No, I'm kidding. I love that my wife takes the Bullitt sometimes (and always gets commented on, but I rarely do, she must be LOT better looking) and even the doggo loves to ride in the back - with proper seat covers etc tho., so I turned it down a notch with all the rules.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, European lighting regulations are lot stricter, I know that as European myself. I really do like compulsory amber blinkers, red are just not that good especially when replacing a brake light function.
However, I do love the unique tri-bar sequential US-spec.

Makes sense with water intrusion. Much like with houses and anything, water ALWAYS finds a way.

I think I might need to pull the trigger on these. I daily mine and try to keep it clean, but it would be nice to be able to offload my pockets and not always use the middle console.

I have a no eating policy, but then again, I am married, so my word means jacks*it. :crackup:
No, I'm kidding. I love that my wife takes the Bullitt sometimes (and always gets commented on, but I rarely do, she must be LOT better looking) and even the doggo loves to ride in the back - with proper seat covers etc tho., so I turned it down a notch with all the rules.
Yeah, she HAS to travel with her Contiga with coffee, yeti with water, and and and...... She hasn't driven the Bullitt yet.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I just put those armrest pockets on my stang and so far, am liking them. Mine fit great and fit down flush. They also had some stick-on foam material all the way around them that keep them very snug and secure.

Time will tell if they become garbage bins. I got mainly to keep phone in due to lack of any pocket in center console compared to the Edge I traded in for the stang, big downsize in storage room.

It's a mid-life crisis thing.:wink:

BD

capt218

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Started the pp2 up today in the garage. Still only 3 thousand miles. In hibernation mode for the winter. Any suggestions on any additional winter storage ideas?

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Started the pp2 up today in the garage. Still only 3 thousand miles. In hibernation mode for the winter. Any suggestions on any additional winter storage ideas?
Stabilize the fuel, fresh oil, full tank, put a tender on it, set tire pressure to 50psi and LET IT SIT...... Worst thing to do is to start it and let it sit and idle.

Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
I think 'rain' is the problem. Water gets inside these and starts shorting out.
so now I have induced paranoia .... I pulled em out and wrapped the join with self vulcanizing rubber tape. Should prevent water ingress .... now I can sleep at night :computerrage:

Good feedback though ... up'd the chances of survival :)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
so now I have induced paranoia .... I pulled em out and wrapped the join with self vulcanizing rubber tape. Should prevent water ingress .... now I can sleep at night :computerrage:

Good feedback though ... up'd the chances of survival :)
Sorry about that @nustang. Haha! It's my nature to point out potential failure modes like that.
I think I'll buy a set. I am on the fence between the 2 LED strip version or the brighter JDMtoy single strip version.
I know it's hard to quantify but how bright are the 2 LED strips compared to the rear taillights? Or how bright are they compared to the original lamp?

Last edited:

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Sorry about that @nustang. Haha! It's my nature to point out potential failure modes like that.
I think I'll buy a set. I am on the fence between the 2 LED strip version or the brighter JDMtoy single strip version.
I know it's hard to quantify but how bright are the 2 LED strips compared to the rear taillights? Or how bright are they compared to the original lamp?
No worries, glad for the feedback to up my game !

well the OEM lights approx the middle 1/3 of the assy is lit.
The ones I bought have smoked lens, and are about the same brightness as the bulb was. They look crisp when close enough to see the 2 lines, and 'normal' from a distance, but lit the whole length of the assy, so are more visible.
I suspect the clear or red lens are brighter.
As for comparison to rears (parking/tail mode) not as bright - but complement the appearance. Not so dim they look 'off'. I think one of the pics show both together, and the tails are kinda bloomed out exposure wise cause brighter. IMO markers should be low key as they standout just being lit.
I have a grey car, lots of black accents - so smoked were my goto.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
No worries, glad for the feedback to up my game !

well the OEM lights approx the middle 1/3 of the assy is lit.
The ones I bought have smoked lens, and are about the same brightness as the bulb was. They look crisp when close enough to see the 2 lines, and 'normal' from a distance, but lit the whole length of the assy, so are more visible.
I suspect the clear or red lens are brighter.
As for comparison to rears (parking/tail mode) not as bright - but complement the appearance. Not so dim they look 'off'. I think one of the pics show both together, and the tails are kinda bloomed out exposure wise cause brighter. IMO markers should be low key as they standout just being lit.
I have a grey car, lots of black accents - so smoked were my goto.
Thanks for the input. I think I'll pull the trigger on these. They're not a huge investment if they fail. But I will make sure that they will remain waterproof like you did. My car only gets wet when I wash it.
Going smoked too because one day... smoked tail lights.

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
As title suggests, this thread will be for 2015 Mustang owners to post pics what they worked on today, show off what they have done to their car recently, etc. Share and it might inspire some ideas for others to do on their Mustangs too.

I'll be getting a tint first thing in the morning and perhaps a car wash, will post pictures shortly!

So, what did you do to your 2015 Mustang today?
I wrapped my exhaust tips with CF vinyl.
Sponsored