Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
They most likely used a precut kit and didn't wrap the edges.

Actually, looks better than Xpel on parts of mine. The shop I took it to were nice guys and did great work, but now 1.5yrs later it seems the edges are peeling and catching some dirt and makes them visible.

Is that normal, or does that suggest they didn't wrap the panels properly?
Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
80 in a 55. VA laws makes that a mandatory court appearance. :/
Screen_Shot_2020-01-14_at_10.34.57_AM.jpg

Anything over 20 in VA is almost always reckless driving. I'd get a lawyer to reduce it. It's well worth the $$
Which county did they get you in?

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
That sucks...hopefully they let you plea it down to a lesser charge.
I hope so. I'll be honest with the judge and just say that I recently got the car back and was out enjoying the nice weather. I was passing a pickup when I crested the hill and saw him, then immediately pulled over.

Did you also get reckless driving along with that? I know some states it's added when above 20 mph over posted.
Yes. in VA anything 20 over the posted limit, or anything over 85. The trooper could have reduced it on the spot but was by the book the whole time. He did say that the judge in that county generally reduces reckless tickets down based on the conditions and driving record. And as I said before, its been nearly 12 years since I was last pulled over.

I mean. That's a lot 🤷‍♂️
Certainly wasn't a little. Completely my fault, and I'll accept the consequences.
Screen_Shot_2020-01-14_at_10.34.57_AM.jpg

Anything over 20 in VA is almost always reckless driving. I'd get a lawyer to reduce it. It's well worth the $$
Which county did they get you in?
Rappahannock County.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Take a Certified Driving Improvement course before court. Take that certificate along with your DMV record assuming its a +5. And like you already have take responsibility, its a rare trait.

Or hire an attorney and take their advice.
He can do that too. I have +5 points too and I’ve gotten my reckless reduced to defective equipment. Didn’t need a lawyer nothing. I was just honest and asked for it to be reduced & 💥… those points help a lot around here. Had a good 👩‍⚖️ Just women looking out for each other… (kidding)

Slow down peeps. Today was my last day speeding.:giggle:

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Installed Vland clear tail lights. Ordered them from Vland-official on Friday afternoon and they were on my doorstep today. Can't beat that. Fitment isn't the best, but you have to be up close to notice it. I'll see if there is any adjustment in them tomorrow. I ran out of daylight

IMG_9911.jpg

And for those wondering, yes they're DOT approved
IMG_9910.jpg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Take a Certified Driving Improvement course before court. Take that certificate along with your DMV record assuming its a +5. And like you already have take responsibility, its a rare trait.

What's a DMV record?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Driving
Manual
Vehicle
😜
I knew what DMV stands for but am not familiar with a document/record I could get from them to show someone.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

I can't remember if he said it was +5 or -5, but it was either one.

Last ticket was in March 2011. Coincidently also a reckless for going 81 in a 70. Back in the days where the reckless threshold was 80mph here in VA. I just went to court, pled no contest and it was reduced to a some minor thing and the fine was suspended.

No need to get into it, but I have too many similar stories from the early dumber years. Just being honest with the officer; then the judge, goes a long way from my experience.

I was driving illegally. I got caught. I'll own it. Let's see what happens. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Installed Vland clear tail lights. Ordered them from Vland-official on Friday afternoon and they were on my doorstep today. Can't beat that. Fitment isn't the best, but you have to be up close to notice it. I'll see if there is any adjustment in them tomorrow. I ran out of daylight

IMG_9911.jpg

And for those wondering, yes they're DOT approved
IMG_9910.jpg
What are the fitment problems? My aftermarket ones messes up the lines to the deckled. There's a thread about adding spacer grommets to fix that. I still need to do.
Sponsored