Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Hit the 1k mark today! 🎆
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Installed winter tires today. Went from factory 20s w all seasons to the PP1 19s with
Winter Sotto Seies 3s in 255/40/19 series 3. They feel like a touring/sport tire rather than a winter squishy tire even in today's 55° warmth. So looking forward to driving with them this winter. 🤞

Took the liberty in painting the calipers black and adding some "brembo" stickers. More like "Brem-brokes".

Before and after.

20211212_183544.jpg

20211212_131046.jpg

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Ran outta luck today

IMG_1308.jpeg

First time in almost 12 years.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That looks just as good as the xpel on mine.
Actually, looks better than Xpel on parts of mine. The shop I took it to were nice guys and did great work, but now 1.5yrs later it seems the edges are peeling and catching some dirt and makes them visible.

Is that normal, or does that suggest they didn't wrap the panels properly?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, looks better than Xpel on parts of mine. The shop I took it to were nice guys and did great work, but now 1.5yrs later it seems the edges are peeling and catching some dirt and makes them visible.

Is that normal, or does that suggest they didn't wrap the panels properly?
I only have a bit of experience with applying ppf, but I have lived with it for ten years on my daily.

I had 3M applied professionally (that's debateable) on the daily and although it's a black car so it hides it well, I'm pretty sure that the edges would have been showing after a few years.

Bro's got a white M4 and at three years / 12k (it only did 6k in its first 2.5 years before he bought it) the factory applied patch on the rear fender is showing dirt ingress around the edges (and its yellowing).

The factory applied patch on my partners parents dark grey car showed lifting around the edges real quickly (within a year), but when I mentioned it I was told they had tried jet washing it off as they thought it was leftover transport packing ... :facepalm:

I was careful how I washed edges on the daily so as not to encourage lifting, but I think lifting edges / trapped dirt are unavoidable on exposed edges and its a definite advantage to have the edges wrapped around the panels (but I think that takes a lot more skill and time during the installation).

The only wrapped edge on the Anchor room kit is the bottom :

1639385325962.jpeg

But I think that is done purposely as they are targeting the DIY applications and offer cheap replacements if you get it wrong.

It's one of the reasons I went with the Anchor room kit - due to cost and the DIY option I've looked on it as disposable and I am expecting that every other year or so I will be getting the heat gun out and doing it again to keep it looking good on a light car.

I will say that I spent a lot of time on the edges of the Anchor Room kit to ensure they were adhered properly. Rather than just laying it down and rubbing the squeegee over them, I then went all around the edge (twice, the second being the day after) with the heat gun and my fingers making sure they were really pressed down hard. I probably spent as much time on the edges as I did on the initial application.

If you are interested in having a closer look at my experiences they are posted here on posts 325, 334 & 335 :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...0-gt-build-thread.135538/page-22#post-3384270

Hope that helps and I hope you get yours sorted :like:

WD :like:

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
awesome garage .... whats with the redneck wiring job?
I work overseas and didn't have time to get started on the wiring before leaving so just rigged that up for lights temporarily. I had to get everything inside the shop before leaving. Once I get back home, electrical, plumbing for the bathroom, etc will all continue.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Installed winter tires today. Went from factory 20s w all seasons to the PP1 19s with
Winter Sotto Seies 3s in 255/40/19 series 3. They feel like a touring/sport tire rather than a winter squishy tire even in today's 55° warmth. So looking forward to driving with them this winter. 🤞

Took the liberty in painting the calipers black and adding some "brembo" stickers. More like "Brem-brokes".

Before and after.

20211212_183544.jpg

20211212_131046.jpg
You will be VERY happy with the Sotozzero 3s, I think. That's what I'm running on my Bullitt and they're great.

Edit: Forgot to add that I had a full OH winter in them (not just couple of weeks), we haven't had snow yet this year, but very sure footed. I only used snow/wet mode I think on one day last year?
20210210_183259[1].jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Touched up a rear fender of rock chips today with Dr Colorchip. Easily the best touch up kit around, don't bother with anything else. On a side note I need to get protective piece put back there. Anyone have a product they can recommend for the rock chip problem? Gotta look cool of course but I guess that goes without saying.
Keith, I recommend Rokblokz. (and I do like to send it...)

Mustang_Rokblokz.jpg

Last edited:

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
HOW MUCH HOW MUCH TELL US!

I got a warning about 3 months ago, first pull-over in about 7 years. He sent me off with "nice color." :D
80 in a 55. VA laws makes that a mandatory court appearance. :/

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion