Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
I think I would like to order an automatic shift surround to make my manual look like an auto.
People will think I am faster.
That would be some funny shit , could only see confused look on the the theif that trys to steal that gem. Put some fake paddle shifters on as well .really all you have to do it put some ecoboost emblems on a GT ,and they won't try to steal it .
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you are buying winter tires, maybe you can spring for another wheel set too?

I run two wheel sets, both are 19x9.5 square setups. PS4S for the track wheels, all seasons are on the daily set. If it was me, I would put A/S on the Bullitt wheels, and then find a good deal on roller forged track wheels. You can put the same size tires on all four Bullitt wheels because the 1/2" width difference will hardly be noticeable. Then you can rotate front to rear for longer tire wear. (You may need some slip-on spacers.) Go to square setup for your track wheels because the front tends to push as it is.

I went to Belle Tire to have my alignment checked for free. Eventually I became familiar with the techs with the most experience on the alignment rack. I run stock camber at the rear, and ~ +0.07 rear toe. I run 0.0 toe at front and stock camber for daily. Then I run max camber (~ -2.2) for track day, via J&M camber plates.

My car had 0.2 rear toe on the right side from the factory, and I noticed the inside edges of my daily tires were wearing.

Would still be great to meetup with you someday, although we now may need to wait for spring.
Yeah, I got dedicated wheel set and tires for winter, might need to do a decent set for the track and put a/s on the stock Bullitt wheels. But I've only done 1 track per year in the time I've owned the car (20mos). Not sure if I wanna spend that.

But for sure we should!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Received my "manual" style shifter bezel and boot today so I was able to complete my project of making my auto look more stickish. I had already switched out the shift knob itself with one from American Muscle but had to wait for the bezel/boot to arrive.

shiftboot.jpg
Same setup for me.
I have two reasons for it:
1) Keeps people at the gas station from asking if my car is stick shift. (Takes too long to explain why I prefer the auto both as daily and at the track.)
2) For cheap entertainment value when I have to take my car to the dealer for a warranty issue. I save the dashcam files of the confused check-in tech trying to move the car, while his mates laugh at him. "This thing is locked in gear, and where's the clutch pedal?!"

Resized_20191023_082424jpeg.0.jpg

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Same setup for me.
I have two reasons for it:
1) Keeps people at the gas station from asking if my car is stick shift. (Takes too long to explain why I prefer the auto both as daily and at the track.)
2) For cheap entertainment value when I have to take my car to the dealer for a warranty issue. I save the dashcam files of the confused check-in tech trying to move the car, while his mates laugh at him. "This thing is locked in gear, and where's the clutch pedal?!"

Resized_20191023_082424jpeg.0.jpg
First thing I would do is to look for the clutch pedal..it is confusing!! πŸ€ͺ πŸ˜…

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
First thing I would do is to look for the clutch pedal..it is confusing!! πŸ€ͺ πŸ˜…
:crackup: ...install a stationary "clutch pedal"! That would really mess up someones mind!

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Stole someone else's idea and did the same. I saw all the little grabber blue marks from the edge of my door on my 17 GT. No more.

PXL_20211129_170624033.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
People with AT, please don't hate on me, this is just a light jab at you. Yes, I am that annoying "manual" guy. :D
yeah was eyeballing a Charger yesterday (that probably deserves it's own gag video) but not sure I can live with driving an auto. It's a damn shame that car doesn't come with Stick.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
yeah was eyeballing a Charger yesterday (that probably deserves it's own gag video) but not sure I can live with driving an auto. It's a damn shame that car doesn't come with Stick.
I traded '18 Accord 2.0t with a 6spd for my Bullitt. That car was peppy and made me hp-hungry, hence getting the Bullitt. Had the Charger come with a stick, I would have been presented with a very difficult choice as 4 doors is lot more practical (despite the Mustang being surprisingly usable as a daily).

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
As far as engine bay mods, I installed a BBK 73mm throttle body and PCV hose catch can on my convertible today.

Ewut6ue.jpg

PBFb1Ac.jpg

Up front, I put in Raxiom LED halo style foglamps which are wired up to operate from an OEM premium headlight switch.

qZGj4RU.jpg

6SNp9h6.jpg
Sponsored