Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Put the OE resonator back on. Simply was not impressed with the aftermarket H pipe. Not naming names as the pipe itself is a class act. Nicely designed. My hearing is the issue. Added Steeda jacking rails.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
From Fiesta's to large SUV's having colored calipers, I just couldn't do it. Went with something close to the car color.
IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Like that caliper paint, and agree on the strategy. Match them to the body, subtle but a nice accent. People don't know what's different, just that something is...

Mustang.jpg

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Looks Good..
Bud how was the install, came with full instructions yeah? did you have holes there before from lip spoiler?

Cheers...
Thanks
Install is easy. The hardest part is removing your existing spoiler and all the tape residue. All the holes line up once you clean up. I had the base lip spoiler but it lines up with the PP spoiler too.

It also comes with a template incase you have a truck lid without a spoiler so you know where to drill. I think there were instructions included but I didnt look all that closely. I didnt need them. You can find instructions on here or YouTube on how to swap spoilers if you need to

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Yesterday, took mustang to doctors appointment, on way home put it in track2 mode, paddle shifting,1st to 2 to 3rd wot
Got my first warning not for speeding but jack rabbit start.
Speed limit is 45, never got past 45mph, but guess the launch was too quick for the officers like'n.

Redfuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Yesterday, due to life events, had to drive the mustang for work (130 miles total) and while it's fun, hate racking up the miles like that plus the anxiety of trying to work and rowing the gears during normal driving.

Anyways, headed home and went through the mountains, having fun being aggressive and other slower drivers were uncommonly courteous about pulling over when they could. Nearing the last couple of miles, SUV pulls over on a turn to where a ZL1 was sitting with a passenger. Did a obligatory down shift to 2nd and let it rip out of the turn and the short straight afterwords, not thinking much of it.

Came up on an emergency response DOT truck poking along, followed up on the double yellow in a non aggressive manner till the curves were done and a passing lane opened up. Moved to pass and he hits his cherries along with siren, so I laugh and fall back in behind him, not sure what to make of the situation. He pulls over on the shoulder and I follow suit, wanting to chat with him about what just happened and why he did that.

Younger guy starts blowing off steam at me about how the ZL1 overtook the other work truck on a double yellow, ass end came around and multiple corrections before he finally pulled over on the side of the road where I saw him. So they called him in to the local authorities, still (understandably) super pissed about it and yelling his story, the Camaro comes flying pass, WOT, going at least 80+.

While I don't really have a "moral of this story", it's worth saying to be picky when you're having fun and don't be a douche.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Any drilling involved?
None for mine. Uses existing holes and bolts. I installed mine with car parked. There may be some putty like stuff oozing out between overlapping sheetmetal that I scraped off but many/most don't bother. I did because I wanted the bars to be absolutely flush against the sheetmetal the full length.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
It is the law in all 50 states to "Move Over or Slow Down" Always give those workers a little courtesy so they can go home to their families.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Car is taking a well deserved rest. It has way to many miles on it already.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
It is the law in all 50 states to "Move Over or Slow Down" Always give those workers a little courtesy so they can go home to their families.
Sadly way to many do not understand. Worse, for the impaired, it means nothing.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Sadly way to many do not understand. Worse, for the impaired, it means nothing.
True. As a former towing company owner/operator of 23 years, every day I came home was a good day. So many close calls with people whizzing by a foot or two away from me at 80 mph. Sometimes they cross onto the shoulder where we work. Glad to have survived those years.

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Fitment was good? Been curious of doing this myself.
Fitment is ok, inside tips can be slid on until they almost touch the OEM tip. Outside tips cannot be slid on all the way as the OEM outside tips are shorter. You need to have the replacment outside tips stick out further than OEM.
Sponsored