Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Agree to disagree. No S2000 and especially no civic si or otherwise can compare to my modified Mini or the Coyote. My test drive of a 2018 si had me looking for a book to read while to the floor in 2nd gear. The S2000 my brother had was fun enough but still not the same level. I do agree with the engine part and they obviously do well enough on race tracks.
In a straight line?
Different strokes for different folks. At the local road course tracks, there are some insane S2000’s that haul absolute balls, and would definitely compare/take our S550’s and be fun as hell to pilot.
I cross shopped them vs the S550 for a track car. They’re just too old now, not enough parts support (IMO).

Just different experiences is all and everyone has their own opinion. My 4 door DD Lexus went around the local track the exact same time as my stock S550 Coyote and I had an absolute blast in it. It was faster in the corners and felt better, also braked better - but lacked power on the straights. I also didn’t overheat my engine oil, diff, or trans like I did the first time out with my PP S550. It was dead nuts reliable on track, which is exactly what you want. Lexus is 1.6 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile though. So not as fun straight line.

Last edited:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
In a straight line?
Different strokes for different folks. At the local road course tracks, there are some insane S2000’s that haul absolute balls, and would definitely compare/take our S550’s and be fun as hell to pilot.
I cross shopped them vs the S550 for a track car. They’re just too old now, not enough parts support (IMO).

Just different experiences is all and everyone has their own opinion. My 4 door DD Lexus went around the local track the exact same time as my stock S550 Coyote and I had an absolute blast in it. It was faster in the corners and felt better, also braked better - but lacked power on the straights. I also didn’t overheat my engine oil, diff, or trans like I did the first time out with my PP S550. It was dead nuts reliable on track, which is exactly what you want. Lexus is 1.6 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile though. So not as fun straight line.
I’ve never done the track thing or experienced a modded S2000 so can’t speak to those at all. Always wanted to track my modded mini but never did. Sold it and now enjoy smashing on the S550 till I don’t and then enjoy a comfy cruise. Not saying there isn’t better put there, Honda just doesn’t do it for me at this time. If they did come out with something comparable, I’d for sure look at it though! Tastes also change, I don’t have any ambition to taking my mustang to a track today. Could easily feel different tomorrow lol.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Walking around the different events at Mustang Week and thinking how vanilla my car is.
Meh, to each their own. I personally am not a huge fan of heavily modded Mustangs, but again, I ain't the one driving them nor spending the money, so I'll keep my trap shut. :)
Wouldn't really try to compare yourself to others on this. Some people like to accessorize, some not. 🤷‍♂️

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Meh, to each their own. I personally am not a huge fan of heavily modded Mustangs, but again, I ain't the one driving them nor spending the money, so I'll keep my trap shut. :)
Wouldn't really try to compare yourself to others on this. Some people like to accessorize, some not. 🤷‍♂️
Totally agree Richard. Some of the cars were beautifully done and very tasteful. Others not so much. That’s what so great about our cars. Do as much as you want, or not.

Interestingly I found myself drawn to the older cars. There was S550/S197 overload. But only a handful of pre Fox cars.

At the end, I went back to my pure stock vanilla GT/CS, started the Coyote, put the AE in track mode and smiled all the way home. 😁

Last edited:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Totally agree Richard. Some of the cars were beautifully done and very tasteful. Others not so much. That’s what so great about our cars. Do as much as you want, or not.

Interestingly I found myself drawn to the older cars. There was S550/S197 overload. But only a handful of pre Fox cars.

At the end, I went back to my pure stock vanilla GT/CS, started the Coyote, put the AE in track mode and smiled all the way home. 😁
AE in track mode = "My mode." Only time I don't flip it on is when my quiet mode would be on by default (9pm-8am) when driving through town or the countryside, I's gots manners you see.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
To me, there are flashy show cars to the extreme, middle-of-the-road customized, slightly modified, and then standard off the shelf.

I like the crazy show cars, but don't want them. Mine is a daily drive it like I stole it car. I've been working on transitioning it to nothing but a black and green car; rear decklid, and air designs heat extractors are left. I like the PP2 spoiler, but also wonder what it would look like with the GT350 type wing that adds more flair than I may want. Lastly, I am going to upgrade the battery and add some type of lighting system underneath it in green, and maybe behind the grill, so when it is parked at night somewhere I can leave them all on. It won't be wheel lights, it'll be underneath like the old school neons.

After that, the next step is FI, half-shafts, and shifter upgrade. But that may be 2023 before I drop that $15k or so. Even as a daily driver I only do about 5k miles a year, so I have plenty of time.

Every time I think I am done, this thread or site gives me another idea lol.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
To me, there are flashy show cars to the extreme, middle-of-the-road customized, slightly modified, and then standard off the shelf.

I like the crazy show cars, but don't want them. Mine is a daily drive it like I stole it car. I've been working on transitioning it to nothing but a black and green car; rear decklid, and air designs heat extractors are left. I like the PP2 spoiler, but also wonder what it would look like with the GT350 type wing that adds more flair than I may want. Lastly, I am going to upgrade the battery and add some type of lighting system underneath it in green, and maybe behind the grill, so when it is parked at night somewhere I can leave them all on. It won't be wheel lights, it'll be underneath like the old school neons.

After that, the next step is FI, half-shafts, and shifter upgrade. But that may be 2023 before I drop that $15k or so. Even as a daily driver I only do about 5k miles a year, so I have plenty of time.

Next step is FI? Does that mean Fuel injectors?

Plenty of time? I don't know man... The days are long but the years are short. You better get busy. 🧓🙏

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Makes sense for sure. I've just hit 27,000 miles in 18 months on mine, not only do I daily it, I always choose it over wife's truck to take it places, which includes 1,000-mile trips etc.
Hocking Hills this past weekend is a hoot with this car.
The wife and dog fit, so why not? He'll sleep anywhere and in any weird position that currently works anyhow. :D
20210906_174445.jpg

FI = Forced Induction. Either super or turbo charging.
Have been toying with the idea too. The down-low on the Bullitt isn't great, especially like a second gear floored. Bullitt isn't collectible, at least not to me, but unique enough to where I kinda wanna keep it stock, so I don't know what to do now.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
FI = Forced Induction. Either super or turbo charging.
Yeah, probably gonna leave it at a place near NOLA with a good rep, and just let them do the whole upgrade, including a supercharger.
Sponsored