Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
seems like a healthy amount of poke. Offset and camber?
The wheels are 6gr with a +35 offset. I will need to dig out my alignment sheet to recall the exact camber but it was all within spec for the recommendations BMR provided for a street setup with their handling springs
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Haven't driven it in almost 3 weeks now because of the crappy summer we've been having so far. Rainy summer.
But, she is all nice and clean though. :giggle:

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
really? heat cycles etc wouldn't it open up?
Nah. The only time sidewall damage is critical is if the sidewall is bubbling because the inner steel structure is broken, or you can actually see the belting. Just my opinion though. Can replace it anyway for peace of mind.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Nah. The only time sidewall damage is critical is if the sidewall is bubbling because the inner steel structure is broken, or you can actually see the belting. Just my opinion though. Can replace it anyway for peace of mind.
Exactly. The damage is worse in the pic. It's no more than 1mm maybe 2mm deep. It's cosmetic. Still makes me mad at myself tho.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Exactly. The damage is worse in the pic. It's no more than 1mm maybe 2mm deep. It's cosmetic. Still makes me mad at myself tho.
You basically need a new mustang now…and to show us pics of it.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Wow. 3,000 pages here.
I guess I tried searching, but not much luck.

Has anyone put in better DRLs? The tri-bars are so dim even when everything is off (which should be their brightest setting)...
The tribar lights are always on. Go into settings and turn on DRL. This will turn on the headlights in "DRL" mode, which is not as bright as normal low beam. The lights are only on when the car is in gear (10R80). Not sure about manuals.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
filtered through emails, people offering like 12k for my mustang. oh geez. also people asking me to ship it across usa. geeez. blows my mind. had a couple 20k offers, and few 25k. I listed it to 26.5k. we will see.

but holy fookk, do people think they will give cars away at like 12-15k? serious? also a strange amount of dealers are trying to buy may car.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
filtered through emails, people offering like 12k for my mustang. oh geez. also people asking me to ship it across usa. geeez. blows my mind. had a couple 20k offers, and few 25k. I listed it to 26.5k. we will see.

but holy fookk, do people think they will give cars away at like 12-15k? serious? also a strange amount of dealers are trying to buy may car.
Try selling it to a dealership.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The tribar lights are always on. Go into settings and turn on DRL. This will turn on the headlights in "DRL" mode, which is not as bright as normal low beam. The lights are only on when the car is in gear (10R80). Not sure about manuals.
Right, I don't want lights on. I guess DRLs technically would be the headlights. I should say the "signature" lighting or whatever manufacturers call them these days, the little front tri-bars within the headlight assembly.
I am aware of "headlights on" mode within settings. It turns on only front lights + dims tri-bars (the front ones) + doesn't turn on the amber fronts + doesn't turn on the taillights.

I'm looking for a way to make my DRL tri-bars brighter. They are either:
  • on fully with lights off (or in auto mode in bright daylight with headlights off), but this is already not very bright
  • parking lights mode (i.e. dimmer tri-bars + amber front on + taillights on, sidemarkers on, etc) and then full headlights and everything on
I know there's kits to make these brighter, it's just when my wife drove this vehicle behind me, I could barely see them on in bright daylight, but then other Fords such as Fusions have these WAAAY brighter (so does Camaro, Challnger, etc).
I'm just not sure if I want to be unsealing my headlights as that sounds like trouble later on.

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 Tune, 2006 F150 Harley-Davidson, 03 Mustang GT Conv.
She sat in the rain for 2 days so I had to wash it and the SN95 Vert. Damn, both of them are so damn sexy clean and shiny. S550 back in the garage since I had the garage full of furniture for the new carpet install lol.
Sponsored