Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How long can my car car sit before the battery dies? I just had surgery so it's gonna be 3 weeks before I get back behind the wheel.
3 weeks in really cold winter could be borderline. In warm weather, not a problem.
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
How long can my car car sit before the battery dies? I just had surgery so it's gonna be 3 weeks before I get back behind the wheel.
Should be fine if car is stock. But, for instance, if you have a dashcam it can run the battery down sooner even if it only records certain events.

It's not a bad idea to have a tender that can also slow charge a dead battery. Would be better for the battery than letting it partially drain plus you might need to charge some car battery someday and slow is better than can't at all. Under $100 and pretty easy harness install if you want to hook it up quickly instead of the jumper cable method.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
Try checking to see if the electrical connector for the rear camera is installed correctly. It did have to be disconnected when you replaced the panel.
Just checked today. The connector is installed properly. I disconnected and reconnected it as well with no change. I really don't wanna have to inspect the wiring, but I think that's logical my next step, short of replacing the camera itself.

Made an appointment to get my two recalls (backup camera & brake pedal) done along with first oil change and state inspection. Had the appointment made for a couple weeks out so they could get the parts. Got a call from the service writer half an hour later to tell me the recall parts are on nationwide back order. Unbelievable.
I didn't know there was a recall for the backup camera? And it's on back order?? This is beyond bumming to read...

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Should be fine if car is stock. But, for instance, if you have a dashcam it can run the battery down sooner even if it only records certain events.

It's not a bad idea to have a tender that can also slow charge a dead battery. Would be better for the battery than letting it partially drain plus you might need to charge some car battery someday and slow is better than can't at all. Under $100 and pretty easy harness install if you want to hook it up quickly instead of the jumper cable method.
It just seems a PITA to trickle charge this car. My C7 had a cigarette lighter plug in the trunk which was super easy.

Sponsored

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
It just seems a PITA to trickle charge this car. My C7 had a cigarette lighter plug in the trunk which was super easy.
I hard wired a tender/maintainer under the hood and have the male end tucked up in the front valance right in front of the passenger side tire. I just pull the cord out and plug it in after driving. I'm used to plugging in block heaters for 6 months of the year so it's basically the same thing. Just gotta remember to unplug it before driving it. I'm still on my original battery (2016) and have had no problems whatsoever.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I hard wired a tender/maintainer under the hood and have the male end tucked up in the front valance right in front of the passenger side tire. I just pull the cord out and plug it in after driving. I'm used to plugging in block heaters for 6 months of the year so it's basically the same thing. Just gotta remember to unplug it before driving it. I'm still on my original battery (2016) and have had no problems whatsoever.
Hmm... I might try having a plug by the pass windshield wiper.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Not as easy as the C7, but still only take me two minutes to hook up under the hood using the regular clamps. Positive to battery and negative to shock tower. I do have the extended cable, so I can leave the charger mounted to the wall if I like.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, probably a good idea to do this.

On a side note, how much are 2021 OEM headlights worth?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just gotta remember to unplug it before driving it. I'm still on my original battery (2016) and have had no problems whatsoever.
Good tip. Don't want this to happen:

Sponsored

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
I didn't know there was a recall for the backup camera? And it's on back order?? This is beyond bumming to read...
I don’t know if it’s all of them, you may be fine. Mine would just go black half the time. You could probably call your local dealer and they could find out for you. I watched, it was a really quick and easy fix. He said the hardest part was resetting the system to activate the new one. I did notice it took a few start stop cycles before Sync got back to normal.

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
I have a solar panel battery tender that plugs into the OBD port. Just lay it on the dash and you’re good to go. Of course it won’t work if garaged.

Reactions: PKs

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Headed back to Heartland Park today with my younger boy and his Camaro. It's going to be damned hot today, so I'll probably go a little easy today. Whuch means I might actually drive better :cwl:
Sponsored