Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Great looking car! Care to show us those lights? Are they LED? I need to fix the lighting in my garage too.
Leds are so worth it my friend I spent 200 for 5 40 watt led ceiling lights. I see everything
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Replaced the 2yr old (10k miles) CRAPPY stock wipers with Bosch Icon. Hope they're better for $29 a PIECE!!!!
The OEMs are not crappy. I've tried many AM types, and OEMs are the best. The issue is, you don't grasp that they need replacing once or twice a year, and yours were two years old.

So, of course your AM wipers seemed better. That's because the original wipers were beyond worn out. Same thing with tires; people complain about whatever brand they had on the car that were worn out, and praise whatever new tires they just put on. Just because the old tires were.....old, and the new tires were.....new.

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Replacement throttlebody goes on this morning.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Replaced my smoked side markers as they both stopped working, guess this explains why.

F362FE2A-A95B-4F90-AA57-56CC79200A09.jpeg

A30EDB6E-ADB5-4CD2-985C-674A57DD32DE.jpeg

E5DC3695-A161-45E0-9419-9605CF52231C.jpeg
I think I need to do this as well. We hit some pretty rough rain on a trip to Denver over the holiday, and now my passenger side one doesn't work.

Sponsored

Spazz2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Great looking car! Care to show us those lights? Are they LED? I need to fix the lighting in my garage too.
They don't photo well...but here is a screenshot of the ones I got from Amazon...the 8 ft ones. Love them and they have multiple ways to hang them

PXL_20210611_142944600.MP.jpg

Screenshot_20210611-103034.png

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
The OEMs are not crappy. I've tried many AM types, and OEMs are the best. The issue is, you don't grasp that they need replacing once or twice a year, and yours were two years old.

So, of course your AM wipers seemed better. That's because the original wipers were beyond worn out. Same thing with tires; people complain about whatever brand they had on the car that were worn out, and praise whatever new tires they just put on. Just because the old tires were.....old, and the new tires were.....new.
You assume incorrectly.

I should have stated they SUCKED the first time I used them 2 yrs ago. I'm not buying an OEM set if the first set SUCKED.

Good for you if your experience is better than mine.

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Leds are so worth it my friend I spent 200 for 5 40 watt led ceiling lights. I see everything
Costco has LED units with three adjustable panels that screw into a standard lightbulb base. I have 4 bulbs in my garage and replaced just two of them. It's like an operating room now. As I recall, they are $39.95 for a two-pack.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Costco has LED units with three adjustable panels that screw into a standard lightbulb base. I have 4 bulbs in my garage and replaced just two of them. It's like an operating room now. As I recall, they are $39.95 for a two-pack.
I'll have to check those out. I have a garage door opener with lightbulb screw sockets. I could mount them with a short extension, one on each side.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'll have to check those out. I have a garage door opener with lightbulb screw sockets. I could mount them with a short extension, one on each side.
My Mustang opener isn't strong enough to get thru the interference from most LED lights. I had LEDs in my opener and LED shop lights. The Mustang opener would almost never close the door after exiting until I replaced the LEDs. And if I forget to turn off the shop lights when leaving, the car opener won't open the door. If the light isn't on, it will operate the door from the street. There are a few noninterfering LED bulbs and maybe some shop lights but don't know about them. I carry a remote that came with the opener for the situations where the car opener signal isn't strong enough. There are some DIY things to reduce the interference, much of which comes from the electrical cord running to an LED light.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
My Mustang opener isn't strong enough to get thru the interference from most LED lights. I had LEDs in my opener and LED shop lights. The Mustang opener would almost never close the door after exiting until I replaced the LEDs. And if I forget to turn off the shop lights when leaving, the car opener won't open the door. If the light isn't on, it will operate the door from the street. There are a few noninterfering LED bulbs and maybe some shop lights but don't know about them. I carry a remote that came with the opener for the situations where the car opener signal isn't strong enough. There are some DIY things to reduce the interference, much of which comes from the electrical cord running to an LED light.
That's a good point. I do have a wall switch controlled, single screw-in light bulb on the ceiling. I could easily expand that for multiple LED lights. Then there is no issue when using only the garage door. I've been working on my car in a dungeon all this time. It will be nice to finally have some decent light in there.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Just curious, when you have hood struts, can you still drop the hood from about a foot and have it close all the way without pushing it closed and leaving greasy finger/hand prints on the hood ?
Yes.

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I replaced my single bulbs with Axcelite four-panel fixtures (via Amazon) in my garage and love them. Look up: "120W LED Garage Lights,12000 Lumens Super Bright Garage Ceiling Lights with 4 Adjustable Panels, Easy-Installation 6000K Deformable Bay Lights for Basement, Workshop, Barn, Warehouse(2 Pack)"
Sponsored