Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Guess I will have to remember to double check that on my 2020 tomorrow. Can't remember noticing anything but the sync3 screen annoyingly sometimes changing between night and day mode as I pass through tunnels, even though I've set it to always be "night/dark" mode.
I just did a quick check, and my 2020 dash does display my chosen mycolour here in the morning sun:

20210607_085244.jpg
20210607_085244.jpg
20210607_085304.jpg

When back inside I thought maybe it could be related to my sync3 setting being set to "always night mode" (or whatever it's called), though I don't think it would be logical that this would affect the dash since I don't think there's any other setting in sync3 that affects the dash.

Other random ideas at the top of my head:
- Ford changed this in later versions of the dash firmware.
- Something related to European models and/or daytime running lights (DRL are mandatory here). Does anything change if you turn on the lights?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
no my car has 44,958 miles the cluster i got had 1250. i used forscan to go up on miles you cannot roll back miles
can't roll back but what if you did all 9's and then it rolled the 9's....

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Wang looks good, but too much red CF for my taste. I tried to achieve more of a red "accent" look. Probably going to wrap the dash trim pieces in black CF to improve the contrast, but still deciding.

IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg
What trim did you use? Link? I have seen just the red but not the red chrome. I kinda like the red CF, but do agree its a little more than I thought it was gonna be.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
swapped out the base cluster for a premium with my color. installed last night at it was glorious. however driving it around today the cluster stays white is that normal? i get this when trying to change the color during the day

IMG_6605.jpg
Yep it is white during the day, if you want to adjust the color during the day for when it goes to night mode just cover up that little sensor in the middle of the dash by the windshield.

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Redline hood struts.
IMG_0716.jpg
I was just thinking about which set of these to get. I didn't want to bend my hood. For some reason the Steeda ones i had were defective. Over time they wouldn't hold my hood up any longer. Was this an easy install? They should fit in the same slots/position as my old ones.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I was just thinking about which set of these to get. I didn't want to bend my hood. For some reason the Steeda ones i had were defective. Over time they wouldn't hold my hood up any longer. Was this an easy install? They should fit in the same slots/position as my old ones.
I also have redlines, zero bending, etc but 2 years later, there's a lil surface rust on the bracket. not big deal, couldn't care less. opens closes with zero issue, holds up high.

I will say it was windy at a car meet once, as soon as I opened, and a nice gust hit me I closed hood. dont risk it, its like a parasail. doubt it would affect it, but the idea of a large square up in air, and windy didn't strike me as good

there's 2 models, black and chrome, chrome has 5 year warranty, black has like 1 or 2. but they are the exact same unit. I called and asked, I wanted black so went black.

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Went to the dentist this morning, came out 30 minutes later and my hood had been bombed by birds. I know the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray isn’t the professional grade stuff but it protected my paint from any etching. Simple spray with the hose when I got home and all was well.

5EC9432F-ADD2-4CAC-8AE1-334200A81827.jpeg

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Went to the dentist this morning, came out 30 minutes later and my hood had been bombed by birds. I know the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic spray isn’t the professional grade stuff but it protected my paint from any etching. Simple spray with the hose when I got home and all was well.

to be fair, the turtle wax hybrid is AMAZING stuff for the cost to use ratio. seriously, it fairs quite well against the other products in that category. I actually use it on my generator, I put a couple coats on my generac backup generator when I do maintenance on it once a year. I do like 2-3 coats just for heck of it, ive been using it for misc stuff and im like 60% left on bottle. I use it on the motorcycles etc.

When I go to wash/clean it the next year, the dirt/grime/bird droppings slides right off. could probably clean the whole thing spotless with baby wipes. I dont dick with it though til that yearly oil change. so everything is naturally washed off by rain and apparently its still there a year later as it just rolls the dirt off with high power hose/little cloth/soap

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
I chose the Redlines after spending a morning going through all the hood strut threads here.
Easy install; just gotta hold your mouth right :crazy: to get the fender bracket into the hole. If your old brackets are still in there, they may well fit as is.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue

Been there myself.

a4212bfc1a8df79e48db2e16c49099db.jpeg.jpg
Sponsored