Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
Just one of those Days, 😁 All detailed, Locked & Loaded 👍

20210528_151205.jpg
Sponsored

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
And then, a little Ride with a Sense of Normality! :clap: With COVID Protocols of Course.

20210529_153205.jpg

20210529_105135.jpg

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You never know.

I ordered a '77 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale (first year GM full size downsize). I usually drove a car about a year and took my time selling them, so between variations in build times for replacements and sell times for the outgoing, often had overlap. Anyway, I advertised the Olds for MSRP (well over what I paid) and the next day I get a call from someone saying they would take it if it was as described. But I'd have to drive it across town to show him.

He bought it and told me his story. He had dreamed of retiring, buying an Airstream and just driving around the country with it behind his brand new Oldsmobile.

He retired a few days before and bought the Airstream (was a nice one). Then he went to the Oldsmobile dealer and they told him they didn't make a car rated to pull the trailer!

When they downsized, you could order a big block until they ran out of left over stock which of course I did. Those cars had some big tow weight ratings. So my pristine year old specced like he wanted was as close as he could get to his dream.
I don't mind keeping it, and I love the car. if I keep it, it'll be a long term forever car. but, since market is high and people really are buying these cars ridiculously priced from dealership for literally base ecoboost no options at 28-30k with 50-60k miles, I figure if someone is wanting it, I would be dumb to not consider it. that said I love my car.

but. I did some math, if I sell the car for 35k approx. I have 15k loan, pay it off, thats 20k cash, put it towards mortgage.

mortgage calcs say if I apply a 20k payment towards loan as principal, it would save me 22k in interest. that 20k just doubled in value. (to me anyway) plus.. maybe might get some money from that other source. 20k+ whatever amount, could be a substnaitla remainder of my mortgage. I bought my house @ 152k in 2016. now its worth 210, but I owe 138k havnt made a single extra payment, just havnt been able too, especially since I got mustang lol.

if I sold mustang, I think I could pay house off in 5-7 years.

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 11.52.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 11.52.28 AM.png

just a dream though until it happens. I listed on Facebook and here. should be good enough, I dont really want to pay for auto trader (50 bucks!)

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I don't mind keeping it, and I love the car. if I keep it, it'll be a long term forever car. but, since market is high and people really are buying these cars ridiculously priced from dealership for literally base ecoboost no options at 28-30k with 50-60k miles, I figure if someone is wanting it, I would be dumb to not consider it. that said I love my car.

but. I did some math, if I sell the car for 35k approx. I have 15k loan, pay it off, thats 20k cash, put it towards mortgage.

mortgage calcs say if I apply a 20k payment towards loan as principal, it would save me 20k in interest. that 20k just doubled in value. (to me anyway) plus.. maybe might get some money from that other source. 20k+ whatever amount, could be a substnaitla remainder of my mortgage. I bought my house @ 152k in 2016. now its worth 210, but I owe 138k havnt made a single extra payment, just havnt been able too, especially since I got mustang lol.

if I sold mustang, I think I could pay house off in 5-7 years.

View attachment 582418

View attachment 582419

View attachment 582420
Sounds good. So you wouldn't need to buy a replacement now or will buy a replacement that costs less than the $15k you owe on the Mustang?

If you're going to replace the Mustang now with something that costs more than $15k but keeps the same payment as the Mustang OR you buy something that will depreciate a bunch, that changes the math.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good. So you wouldn't need to buy a replacement now or will buy a replacement that costs less than the $15k you owe on the Mustang?

If you're going to replace the Mustang now with something that costs more than $15k but keeps the same payment as the Mustang OR you buy something that will depreciate a bunch, that changes the math.
Wouldn't need a car, pretty much ever in foreseeable future, My trusty Scion tC is honestly going to end up more reliable than mustang by a large margin. its 175k miles, and keep on trucking, other than transmission makes a weird whining noise,but its done that since 60k and a new manual from Toyota is 2500 if I felt like just replacing it which im not against doing if day ever comes. plus I have 2 motorcycles to reduce the mile load during summer on it.

insurance is 20 bucks month on it, I get 30mpg

img_6537_9a02cf3ee2f18eb7eabc7806023a8c6d99a202d9.jpg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Wouldn't need a car, pretty much ever. My trusty Scion tC is honestly going to end up more reliable than mustang by a large margin. its 175k miles, and keep on trucking, other than transmission makes a weird whining noise, but its done that since 60k and a new manual from Toyota is 2500 if I felt like just replacing it which im not against doing if day ever comes.

insurance is 20 bucks month on it, I get 30mpg

img_6537_9a02cf3ee2f18eb7eabc7806023a8c6d99a202d9.jpg
👍 Smart.

Now prepare for neighbors asking why your bilkes, etc. don't match the Scion. :wink:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
im talking all hypothetical, prob won't sell it at my price so I get to keep it and stay here along with all you awesome people. but if someone did, well. id still follow. maybe have house paid off by time electric grabber blue version comes out. lol

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
im talking all hypothetical, prob won't sell it at my price so I get to keep it and stay here along with all you awesome people. but if someone did, well. id still follow. maybe have house paid off by time electric grabber blue version comes out. lol
The electric is not a mustang...…….and they did offer grabber blue on the first edition . Just finished training on this non mustang , it is a nice package but it is not a mustang . I do like your thought processes though .

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I mean worst case cant you just remove it in a minute or 2 with the quick release ? Then unscrew it? Depending on how long you've been running it, you should really figure out how to empty it soon lol
Well, I had my first oil change 2 weeks ago. How does the quick release work? This was sent straight to dealer so I never saw this in the package. The one in my Vette was so much less complicated.
Thanks for the help.

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Yep, unscrew quick release knob, lift can off the mounting stud, then you unscrew the bottom portion from the top by hand. The hoses are lengthy enough you don't need to disconnect them. Super quick and easy.
Man, I wish someone here lived close enough to show me how to do this. I feel like such a dip.

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Well, I had my first oil change 2 weeks ago. How does the quick release work? This was sent straight to dealer so I never saw this in the package. The one in my Vette was so much less complicated.
Thanks for the help.
Skip to "01:00", should give you the general idea how to remove the quick release

Last edited:

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium