Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, one on the left attached to the radiator and one on the right. What do I do just reach down and turn counter clockwise? I don't think my hand can reach the one attached to the radiator.
I mean worst case cant you just remove it in a minute or 2 with the quick release ? Then unscrew it? Depending on how long you've been running it, you should really figure out how to empty it soon lol
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Yes, one on the left attached to the radiator and one on the right. What do I do just reach down and turn counter clockwise? I don't think my hand can reach the one attached to the radiator.
Same with the Mishimoto that I have. Radiator cover needs to come off and the whole catch can undone.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I had new tires and wheels mounted on my car today which I got from @shogun32, brand spanking new. My old driver side wheel was bent which I had to get fixed ($120 each wheel) along with two other wheels that were bad. So I thought about it and said F it, might as well get brand new tires and wheels. I love them 😁 tires have really good traction in the rain which I love too. Had a blast driving it.

6FFDE229-7AB8-44FB-A333-4FE4536105B2.jpeg

B09EF69C-2A5D-4AD8-9EFA-E746DC70F462.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Oh i thought you had the floating can.

Same with the Mishimoto that I have. Radiator cover needs to come off and the whole catch can undone.
What he said, just gotta remove those clips. You might have to remove the can itself also if its over tightened

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I mean worst case cant you just remove it in a minute or 2 with the quick release ? Then unscrew it? Depending on how long you've been running it, you should really figure out how to empty it soon lol
That's what I do with my UPR catch-can mounted at top RH corner of the radiator. Don't have to take the top radiator cover off, just pop the two quick release hose fittings, and remove the can from the mounting bracket. Then remove the drain plug on the bottom. It really doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to remove and reinstall it - as long as you know the trick to releasing the hose fitting from the can nipples. I mounted it originally without removing the top plastic radiator cover either.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The missing piece of the puzzle got fitted (Thanks @HoosierDaddy ! :sunglasses: ) :

E86-C8636-61-D1-400-A-BFC4-7-AC40636-D4-C6.jpg
It screws on but the back also had a bunch of glue like substance and since its so thin and easy to bend I was surprised the paint shop that removed it and knew it wasn't going back on didn't mess it up pulling it off. And even more surprised I still had it years later or without something denting or scratching it up. Clearly was fate.

SoulHunter91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Twister Orange
I was hesitant to order this steering wheel off eBay, but did it anyway. Not too bad in my opinion! Fitment was great. Plus it added about 30 HP to the wheels!

tempImage3EhHWk.jpg
I'm planning to buy this too. But damn it looks thick in your pic compare to the one in ebay.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
How much is that one above? I dig it. I would rather have blue or black stripe for my grabber. But how much is it? We need a definitive steering wheel thread, pics, place fitment etc review

So we can compare them. Because I see a ton of them and have no idea where they are from some people talk about fitment etc

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yep, unscrew quick release knob, lift can off the mounting stud, then you unscrew the bottom portion from the top by hand. The hoses are lengthy enough you don't need to disconnect them. Super quick and easy.

Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Does anyone know why my ecoboost sometimes during cruising, steady throttle randomly goes from like 14 afr, to 15 to 12 to 15 to 12 to 15, then stabilizes back at 14? I am googling, and apparently a few cars do this its like supposedly emissions burning/recalibrating emissions or something.

does ANYONES car ever EVER do this?
That's pretty normal. My BMW 335 and my Cobra are all over the place while cruising. It fluctuates by at least a full point in either direction. I wouldn't worry about the values while cruising as long as the car drives normal. AFR is more important when the engine is under heavy load. I don't know much about the ecoboost, but I would expect a port injection forced induction car to stay under 12s once you go full throttle in the medium to upper rpm range.

I haven't watched the afr on my s550 much except for under full throttle in the logs. I did however notice that the factory AFR gauge on the dash seems to run a lot leaner than the reading on my nguage. I'm not sure why they would read different as I would expect them to be using the same O2 sensor.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It screws on but the back also had a bunch of glue like substance and since its so thin and easy to bend I was surprised the paint shop that removed it and knew it wasn't going back on didn't mess it up pulling it off. And even more surprised I still had it years later or without something denting or scratching it up. Clearly was fate.
There have been a lot of things that fate had a hand in with me getting this car, and with some of the mods I have done … :like:

I cleaned the glue off the back of that badge and judging by the marks, it was sliced off with one of those extendable craft knives - you’re right that it survived well, fitted it looks absolutely as new :like:

Does this mean our cars are now related … ? lol

WD :like:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Listed up everything I have in car, im listing for sale. My local dealerships have been selling unmodded, beat up cars with like 60k miles 2015 ecoboost for 30k all day long with no warranty. im listing mine for I think 35k

Just because, its a beautiful car, who knows someone may snag it. that would put my house at 100k left on mortgage.

I dont want to sell the car, but thats the price id be happy letting it go. basically same price as new. im still even under warranty lol. I know its not a "steal" but eh listing it anyway.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2017-mustang-ecoboost-premium-grabber-blue-manual.160536/

Last edited:

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
I installed a clutch pedal extender yesterday.

Those simple words lead me to a long rant: First, how can I have been reading this forum for half a year and never have heard of this vital accessory until a few days ago? Because this forum is simply too damned big, that's how.
I can thoroughly go through the Jag F Pace forum in five minutes, the TBird forum in ten, and the Genesis in fifteen. But it's impossible to go all through this one in a day, before it's completely redone. Eight pages of unread posts as soon as you mark "all read"! Too many of you Stangers out there to keep up with!
I've gotten tons of valuable tips here; how many have I missed?

Also, in all of the manual vs auto battles, I've not seen the ridiculously long clutch pedal throw mentioned. Definitely a negative which can be easily remedied.

But not so easily - that pedal extension is a real sumbitch to install! I'm now too crippled from contorting myself removing and re-installing it to test it.

Peace; out.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Listed up everything I have in car, im listing for sale. My local dealerships have been selling unmodded, beat up cars with like 60k miles 2015 ecoboost for 30k all day long with no warranty. im listing mine for I think 35k

Just because, its a beautiful car, who knows someone may snag it. that would put my house at 100k left on mortgage.

I dont want to sell the car, but thats the price id be happy letting it go. basically same price as new. im still even under warranty lol. I know its not a "steal" but eh listing it anyway.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2017-mustang-ecoboost-premium-grabber-blue-manual.160536/
You never know.

I ordered a '77 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale (first year GM full size downsize). I usually drove a car about a year and took my time selling them, so between variations in build times for replacements and sell times for the outgoing, often had overlap. Anyway, I advertised the Olds for MSRP (well over what I paid) and the next day I get a call from someone saying they would take it if it was as described. But I'd have to drive it across town to show him.

He bought it and told me his story. He had dreamed of retiring, buying an Airstream and just driving around the country with it behind his brand new Oldsmobile.

He retired a few days before and bought the Airstream (was a nice one). Then he went to the Oldsmobile dealer and they told him they didn't make a car rated to pull the trailer!

When they downsized, you could order a big block until they ran out of left over stock which of course I did. Those cars had some big tow weight ratings. So my pristine year old specced like he wanted was as close as he could get to his dream.
Sponsored