Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Took it back to the shop my insurance company chose, for the third time. I destroyed two struts and hubs, three wheels, and the front bumper when I hit a set of railroad tracks at 70mph. I'm very familiar with said railroad crossing and it used to be smooth as glass. In the couple of days since I drove the road something had completely ground up the pavement on either side of the tracks. It almost looks like a construction company dug out the crossing, then just never repaved it. Jumping essentially bare tracks at speed tends to destroy a car. It spun the car into the field too, but I haven't had it back long enough to start polishing all the dirt scratches out. Insurance also said it was an at fault accident so my rates are going up. It was just too much damage to fix myself. Also it's extremely awkward trying to explain freak accidents to the insurance company. They were like.... Ookaayyyy how much were you drinking that night? I was like, I wasn't, and it was 4 in the afternoon..
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Who knew that the fresh air intake draws from the battery box?!?

IMG_2024.jpg
The battery is actually in it's own box that sits in that space. The fresh air doesn't actually come from the box that the battery sits in.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hit it with Turtle Wax Hybrid solutions Ceramic spray coating. Not bad for 15.00 bucks!
IMG_1744.jpg

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yikes, you got technical on that one :) I guess he should have written the fresh air is drawn from the box/space that the battery box sits in. :)

The battery is actually in it's own box that sits in that space. The fresh air doesn't actually come from the box that the battery sits in.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
If you're interested in black non-reflective stick-on material to cover the visor caution stickers, let me know. Before and after pictures below. (Yes, they're different visors -- uncovered is my 2015 and covered is my 2021.) I have nine sets left and will include the template I used to cut mine. Message me if interested. $2 for shipping by regular US mail. $10 for US Priority Mail. Just enough to cover my costs.
PXL_20201106_221353078 (1).jpg
PXL_20201106_220816527.jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP
Today I finally hit my torque goal of 400+ with a big fat 402 😎👍

20210525_113611.jpg

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Took it back to the shop my insurance company chose, for the third time. I destroyed two struts and hubs, three wheels, and the front bumper when I hit a set of railroad tracks at 70mph. I'm very familiar with said railroad crossing and it used to be smooth as glass. In the couple of days since I drove the road something had completely ground up the pavement on either side of the tracks. It almost looks like a construction company dug out the crossing, then just never repaved it. Jumping essentially bare tracks at speed tends to destroy a car. It spun the car into the field too, but I haven't had it back long enough to start polishing all the dirt scratches out. Insurance also said it was an at fault accident so my rates are going up. It was just too much damage to fix myself. Also it's extremely awkward trying to explain freak accidents to the insurance company. They were like.... Ookaayyyy how much were you drinking that night? I was like, I wasn't, and it was 4 in the afternoon..
I can only imagine what that would have felt like. I would have probably barfed... sorry!!

Reactions: XS

Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I can only imagine what that would have felt like. I would have probably barfed... sorry!!
It felt like instant regret and complete stupidity. I saw from a distance the broken up pavement but dismissed it as a chuckhole against all better judgement, then when I realized I was in for a ride I slammed on the brakes but it was far too late. Honestly the actual feeling wasn't too terrible. Aside from the right front tire blowing, you couldn't even tell something had happened. But upon closer inspection at home I was like, mannnn, there's a lot more than meets the eye here. The bumper clips were broken, even though the bumper looked fine. The wheels probably won't balance again. The strut seals burst, so I knew they were gone. The bearings sounded fine, but they were not. So I gave it to shop because I didn't want to chase these invisible issues one at a time for a year.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Question about CEL's showing up on scanners, but not throwing a CEL light on dash. Theres been a few CEL's ive found tripped in scanner, but they never have thrown a CEL on dash.

What is the criteria for a scanner code to trip a light on dash? the code im referring too specifically is P04DB-00, I installed a clean side catch can, and this is the cause of it, many others have documented it, but they had CEL appear on dash, mine has not. I just scanned using obd fusion out of curiosity. is it possible it remains a soft code and never turns into a dash code? meaning, maybe intermittent / false alarm?

ultimately I will prob have to remove it though. not sure why a catch can throws this Cel though. its weird, both have the little connector etc that clips to the car and such.

dumb dumb.

IMG_1721.PNG
In addition to what Ice mentioned about BCM codes, it depends on if a DTC is pending or permanent.
If the DTC is pending, that basically means a code is still stored, and something was detected to be just out of the range of spec, and the car will continue to monitor the conditions in order to see if there really is a problem; either more drive cycles or more self checks are required by the vehicle in order for the DTC to become permanent, and throw the CEL.
Your code could have been in the pending state at that time - not sure if pending codes would show under "Current," in your screen capture above.

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
In addition to what Ice mentioned about BCM codes, it depends on if a DTC is pending or permanent.
If the DTC is pending, that basically means a code is still stored, and something was detected to be just out of the range of spec, and the car will continue to monitor the conditions in order to see if there really is a problem; either more drive cycles or more self checks are required by the vehicle in order for the DTC to become permanent, and throw the CEL.
Your code could have been in the pending state at that time - not sure if pending codes would show under "Current," in your screen capture above.
I will update when I get some more hours/drive times on it. there's nothing showing yet after a few drive cycles. my question next is, just because it says its disconnected, does that mean there's an actual issue? as long as the hoses/catch can are free flowing, that should mean that its safe to run, even with a code.

but if a dash light does ever illuminate I will be forced to pull it, and give it to next willing person lol.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I will update when I get some more hours/drive times on it. there's nothing showing yet after a few drive cycles. my question next is, just because it says its disconnected, does that mean there's an actual issue? as long as the hoses/catch can are free flowing, that should mean that its safe to run, even with a code.

but if a dash light does ever illuminate I will be forced to pull it, and give it to next willing person lol.
Haha yeah, I mean the code says Disconnected like you said, because it`s sensing nothing, since the oem line has a pressure sensor in it IIRC, and due to the catch can there now, instead of the oem hose. But in this case, it does not mean that there is an actual issue per say. Clean side is the passenger side on EBs right? If that's the case, it's just like the clean side on 5.0s and 5.2s, in that clean side doesn't really capture anything anyway.

ETA: I'm sure you've seen the Ford Performance Air Oil separator? This wouldn't be an issue with that, presumably, since it retains the pressure sensor
M-6766-A23S.JPG

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Haha yeah, I mean the code says Disconnected like you said, because it`s sensing nothing, since the oem line has a pressure sensor in it IIRC, and due to the catch can there now, instead of the oem hose. But in this case, it does not mean that there is an actual issue per say. Clean side is the passenger side on EBs right? If that's the case, it's just like the clean side on 5.0s and 5.2s, in that clean side doesn't really capture anything anyway.

ETA: I'm sure you've seen the Ford Performance Air Oil separator? This wouldn't be an issue with that, presumably, since it retains the pressure sensor
M-6766-A23S.JPG
mine is the ford perf one, on that line right there on the bottom, the sensor clips into that hose, both the stock hose and that ford perf both have that sensor. so I figure it would be working, but evidently doesnt detect "enough" flow. which could be because, maybe the can is a lot more volume thus takes longer to fill up or pressurize, and throwing off the numbers its expecting.
IMG_1696.JPG
Sponsored