Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Had my best trackday so far. Last trackday I for the first time managed
to keep up for a little bit with one or two cars, but today I managed
to pass two and reduce my personal best by two seconds. Track owner
(who required me to have a session with him last year when he found out
I'd never been to a car track before) came over at the end of the day and
complimented me too ("saw you caught a few cars today. Congratulations.")

Also got to be a passenger in a supercharged v6 Lotus Exige, pushing 460
HP and weighing about 1,000 kg. That thing really pushed me back in
the seat and made my Mustang GT feel really sloooow. With the driver
in addition being a lot better than me, made for a fun experience:

m_a_e.jpg

Much less fun was I didn't manage the fastest corner on the track during the start of my first session. Ended up skidding a cross a lot of gravel outside the track, though managed to get back on the track without braking to a stop. Was grimacing as I could hear the stones bounce of the paint for what felt like forever:

20210516_140944.jpg

Starting to regret I did not get the car PPF-ed professionally when I got it. At the time I didn't expect I'd be tracking it, and the PPF job at 5% of the cost of the whole car felt damn expensive. Now I'm instead trying to do it myself a little bit at a time. Will be watching youtube videos on how to buff out scratches to see what I can do with the above.
Argh... so frustrating. BUT! That lower panel can be painted, look like new and after a few weeks you can PPF it. The paint on our cars is SO fragile, and the white primer just shows right through! After getting my '21 new and putting 2000 miles on it and seeing many rock chips all over... I PPFd the entire car.
Sponsored

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I wish I could get a supercharger in the gt but it's expensive
Been contemplating this myself, but after hearing experiences from others: no traction until 80... that doesn't sound like fun.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Had a guy on Facebook ecoboost parts market place call me a scammer because im selling parts? He accused me being a scammer, suspicious, fraud etc.. im like dude, get fukd then he was like im ready to buy.

get fkd'

but I removed my CPE charge pipes, and HKS bov etc. going back to recirculating, the whistle was great but its time for my quiet cruiser again. my old airbox rubbed/dented in my charge pipe, wasn't aware they eventually started rubbing, oh well. dented and messed finish up a bit. live learn.

Stock pipes are back on, but I had to order a new purge valve as im sending mine off with my hks to whoever buys it.

IMG_1626.JPG

tempImageaT8ifY.png

tempImagenMecL4.png

tempImagerYl4Z1.png

Sponsored

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
How do you like them? How do they feel and ride in comparison to the PP1s?
They definitely ride better than pp1 stocks. Mainly the bounce is gone, but I haven’t put enough miles on them yet to give a full review.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Booked an oil change at the dealer.

Was there today for a first service (one and a half year old at 20,000 km/12,000 miles), so I could get a stamp in my book that shows things, except possibly oil since I asked them to not change that, and they remember me buying oil filters there regularly, are in order to help possible future warranty issues.

There were no complaints about lack of changing oil from what I guess you call the service writer (?), especially since he remembers me coming buy frequently to buy oil filters, but when I came back to pick up the car again the old issue about oil changes done by myself came up. How I obviously care a lot about the car and could be a great mechanic for all he knows, but it might be better for me to have an official stamp from them documenting the oil changes so there are "no problems if something happens."

I'm not sure it's necessary, but guy has given me a good impression as I've been going to him/this dealer to get my oil filters and other minor parts for a while now, so quite possibly does have me best interest at heart. If it can save me from a lot of hassle if the engine or transmission blows up, and possibly even having to "lawyer up", perhaps it's a decent idea?

In the end I decided to go with having my oil change done there, and booked it for next week (mechanic did not have time at that moment, as it was near closing time and he was busy with another car. Perhaps it was rude of me to not offer to help and do my own oil change in their garage?).

It's less than two months since I changed my oil last time, but the oil life monitor is down to 30% already, so the timing is not too terrible.

Guess I'll be adding a yearly/10,000 miles dealer oil change as a yearly expense from now on, to have an official record of it, and keep doing my own oil changes in between them and logging them as I've done so far. :-/

At least the mechanic will get to see my Ronin oil drain plug in operation, which I suspect will be a new thing for him.
Meh, dealerships make most of their money on service, so of course they want to encourage you to come by. As far as warranty issues, I thought of a pretty foolproof way to document your changes. According to the manual, you're supposed to replace the drain plug every change, which is cheap so no big deal. But if you write the date on the tab with a fine tip paint marker and take a picture in front of your car's mileage and with the oil/filter receipt in view as well (and write date on your oil filter) it's going to be pretty hard for them to say you didn't actually change it. After all, how did your new plug get in there without the oil getting out? Lol. It's really tough to put a drain plug back in while oil is shooting out of there. Plus then it's on them to prove why someone would go through all that effort to not change the oil.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Had a guy on Facebook ecoboost parts market place call me a scammer because im selling parts? He accused me being a scammer, suspicious, fraud etc.. im like dude, get fukd then he was like im ready to buy.

get fkd'

but I removed my CPE charge pipes, and HKS bov etc. going back to recirculating, the whistle was great but its time for my quiet cruiser again. my old airbox rubbed/dented in my charge pipe, wasn't aware they eventually started rubbing, oh well. dented and messed finish up a bit. live learn.

Stock pipes are back on, but I had to order a new purge valve as im sending mine off with my hks to whoever buys it.

IMG_1626.JPG

tempImageaT8ifY.png

tempImagenMecL4.png

tempImagerYl4Z1.png
You have the funniest and the most interesting stories/interactions with ppl sometimes ☺

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You have the funniest and the most interesting stories/interactions with ppl sometimes ☺
I posted from my gf's account, I dont have a fb, but there's a pic of me and her on there. he said thats "Sketchy" and I said, if you want them, message me this weekend when its off the car, I delete all the people who message because, well its her Facebook and I dont want her inbox completely spammed with non serious buyers. he then goes on a rant, saying im letting my gf control me, and im fraud, and want to remove proof, and no way anyones going to buy off me.

etc etc.

ridiculous. ive bought and sold a ton of parts on the forums/fb parts places. I am sure someone would vouch for me. told em to suck a D*** and not message again.

just blows my mind people are so ignorant and the audacity to start a conversation in parts he wants with insults/accusations. then ask to buy it afterwards. nope told him id rather toss it in trash than let him have it lol

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I cant move my car til Levittown ships my new purge evap hose though.. it says in progress since Sunday, im getting sad. I dont want it sitting broken for a week or two. oh well.

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I posted from my gf's account, I dont have a fb, but there's a pic of me and her on there. he said thats "Sketchy" and I said, if you want them, message me this weekend when its off the car, I delete all the people who message because, well its her Facebook and I dont want her inbox completely spammed with non serious buyers. he then goes on a rant, saying im letting my gf control me, and im fraud, and want to remove proof, and no way anyones going to buy off me.

etc etc.

ridiculous. ive bought and sold a ton of parts on the forums/fb parts places. I am sure someone would vouch for me. told em to suck a D*** and not message again.

just blows my mind people are so ignorant and the audacity to start a conversation in parts he wants with insults/accusations. then ask to buy it afterwards. nope told him id rather toss it in trash than let him have it lol
Yeah ppl are weird and have nothing better to do. Block those types of ppl since it's her account.

I'm sure that purge valve will come sometime this week. These cars and the stupid purge valve issues 🙄 my check engine light is off for now but I'm sure it will come back on when I fill up 😆

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Ordered a katzkin leather seat kit.
I got a quote from them a few weeks ago and now they wont stop messaging me. I got a text just today trying to sell me 0% interest financing.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah ppl are weird and have nothing better to do. Block those types of ppl since it's her account.

I'm sure that purge valve will come sometime this week. These cars and the stupid purge valve issues 🙄 my check engine light is off for now but I'm sure it will come back on when I fill up 😆
Stop topping off your tank and it will fix itself, also wipe the inside lip of the capless fuel cap with a microfiber, you'll be amazed at the crud that builds up in there

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The proper tires will take care of the spinning (mostly) it's the smile you will get when it does stop spinning and hooks and you leap forward like a real stallion :)

You are right, it is no fun looking for that traction...but when you bite the bullet and buy tires, you forget all about it.

Also, just know that your right foot determines if you have traction. If you take it easy, you can have 1000 hp and not spin...most of us don't take it easy, as that was the purpose for the supercharger.

Been contemplating this myself, but after hearing experiences from others: no traction until 80... that doesn't sound like fun.
Sponsored

Last edited: