Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Drove it fast. What a stupid question.:clap:

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I was reading here that a big, heavy shift knob helped make MT82 shifts be buttery smooth. Well, mine came from Raceseng and I installed it, and... it doesn't make the MT82 buttery smooth, but it is a heavy mother forker.

Raceng.jpg
Im attempting a bandaid fix of a heavy shifter from Billetworkz, paired with the Boomba shifter bracket 🤷‍♂️
Id prefer not to spend 500+ and 12 hrs on a transmission mounted shifter even though i do want one eventually

sjmurphy34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP Magnetic
edit, I am reading and found threads on GT's saying that when cat needs cooling/protection mode, it'll richen up AFR. I wonder if I was noticing the 10's after I was doing back to back Wot's its possible my car was in protection mode/cooling down my little cat.

or it actually does go to 10 every time, I will test next time I take it out tomorrow. I am not sure if ecoboost have the same protection mode for the cats.
Most Ford engines (and probably other engines) should work the same. When you go above a certain pedal %, usually around 90%, you will go into power enrichment. This is usally around 0.9 lambda or so. There is a model that is working in the background that is calculating exhaust temperatures at all times based on lots of different factors (load, air flow, spark, etc) for the different exhaust components (turbine, cats, A/F sensors, etc). It will stay in power enrichment as long as pedal % stays above that threshold and temperatures don't surpass the cooling thresholds. If the model predicts that the exhaust is nearing a temp limit it will add more fuel to cool itself up to a certain lambda limit (I forgot the limits but probably varies slightly by engine, would think 0.68 give or take a bit). The AFR vaules of 10.5 seem reasonable for a situation where the fueling is going into exh temp protection so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Classic mini's are only around 120", gen3 BMiniW's are around 150". The Cuntyman is almost 170"!
With 10" wheels if I recall correctly !

A guy down the road from me still drives one :like:

WD :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
It looks "fun-sized". That little car draws a crowd anywhere it goes though. It's really cool.
They are a really fun car to drive, especially when set up correctly. Ultimate grip may be lacking compared to modern stuff, but the 'chuckability' and fun factor is very high :like:

We have had two 'original' minis in the family over the years. Mums was a very old (external door hinges) 875cc (I think) in green. Dad had a 1275cc cooper in red / white with stripes :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Here's the hail storm from May 3rd in Myrtle Beach. Not all of it was golf ball size but some were.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
They do come in very handy. I put one in right after buying the car. I keep my quick detailer and glass cleaner in there all the time.

30 second mod, no tools required - just pop it on the existing mounts. Don't know why I didn't buy one a long time ago ... handy to keep those grocery bags (etc) from flying around the trunk.

Mustang Cargo Net-2.jpg

Mustang Cargo Net-3.jpg
Sponsored