Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP
First wash after full detail from a week ago. I didn't apply any "toppers" over the Wax this time. I just let the wax cure on the clear coat.

Yesterday I washed all the debris off the car with my pressure washer, added some Orange Degreaser to the front to remove bugs along with a Foam Bath. Washed off the foam, then applied Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray as I dried the car. No pollen this time around. So happy with the results. Next weekend I will work on the black trim.

IMG_20210412_161155.jpg
That's a crazy beautiful car šŸ‘
Sponsored

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Ditched the ugly and ridiculously narrow stock base wheels for some new meats :)

American Racing AR924 20x9 +35 with 275/35/20 Firestone Indy 500s and 20x10.5 +45 with 305/35/20
I just threw them on and took a test drive so please excuse them not being cleaned up.
IMG_9158.jpg

Now I have to decide if I want to lower it at all, maybe just the front? and what color to paint the calipers. Red is a possibility but I'm leaning towards blue

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would love to meet the smartass that thought it was a good idea to go with a single horn for 2019s.

I spent more time panicking what if I lost a part into the abyss below than changing the damn thing. I think I lucked out since I didn't drop a thing and everything stayed in place. Did the swap from the top in about 10 minutes, didn't remove anything. But PITA nevertheless, especially the 30 mins spent planning on "what if". That's how much room for error is there to replace it.

40B67B33-2431-405C-B835-01514F1B1ADC.jpeg

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Installed the Accelatec blank rear decklid. I went back and forth a lot on which brand to choose. I wanted an OEM part but didnā€™t like the indentations on the 18+ Ford piece. Decided on the Accelatec one after reading on here about the options. The point of visual mods is the improve the look. Fit and finish are essential for that work though imo. Iā€™m a little disappointed in the fit of this piece. The small gap bothers me. I made sure that any bulge in the sheet metal were flat before the install, the screws aligned, and everything was right. This is as good as it gets. Iā€™m leaving it for now but may put the stock one back on at some point.

2EE05FD4-5725-40BB-B6D0-9B199E067A95.jpeg

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well - I wasnā€™t sure if I wanted to tell the whole story: but since you askedā€¦

Overall, install was ā€œfineā€.

The front go on pretty easily (just turn your wheels to get access) - just pay attention to the plastic push pins you are taking out: they have a little slit on one side for you to stick a screwdriver in to pop the inner part out and then you can pull them out (fought with the first one until I noticed). Other than that: follow the pictures they sent. Oh: also think about the shiny metal washers and hoe to use themā€¦ they are not mentioned in the instructions but I just put them on under the vanity washers.

The back is a little more tough - definitely need to take the wheels off. You will also need a drill with a 5/16 drill bit to enlarge one of the mounting holes.

All was going well until I went to push in the final plastic mounting pin on the rear tire wellā€¦ and it snapped (prongs broke off). Grrr. I ended up reusing one of the plastic push pins I had taken out of the front tire well to pin it down for now (plus it has the screws in the two outer holes). I already contacted RockBlockz about - hopefully they will send me one soon. Just rotten luck!

Let me know if thereā€™s something else you have questions about.
I just wanted to follow up on this story (where a push-in mount for my Rokblokz broke during install)ā€¦

I left them a message on their website about it on a Friday night. Apparently they already had my address from my order (even though I ordered on Amazon), and on the following Monday they sent me an email saying they had shipped out a replacements.

It took about a week for it to make it through the mail - and they actually sent two replacements (just in case šŸ˜).

Overall: very satisfied with the customer service of Rokblokz.

Now I have something to do this weekend (gotta take that rear wheel off again thoughā€¦)

Sponsored

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Added this metal dash plaque to my car today.
1618351323836.png

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
I also got this coming...
1618353607285.png

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Got a flat tire today. In the company parking lot. Went to pull the wheel off, with everyone watching of course, and the wheel wouldn't come off. Had to get a hammer and hit it from the back side. With my boss watching from his range rover. What a pain in the ass.

Does anyone put any type of anti-sieze stuff against the hub?

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
Got a flat tire today. In the company parking lot. Went to pull the wheel off, with everyone watching of course, and the wheel wouldn't come off. Had to get a hammer and hit it from the back side. With my boss watching from his range rover. What a pain in the ass.

Does anyone put any type of anti-sieze stuff against the hub?
Sorry to hear about that. Sounds really frustrating.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Sorry to hear about that. Sounds really frustrating.
Yeah. Had to drive home with 3 different sized tires. I do believe that's the first time I drove home at or below the speed limit ever.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Details please. What brand, amount? I'm going to have to pull all of the wheels off and apply.
Remove the wheel. Clean the hub and make sure it is smooth.. then apply a LIGHT layer around the hub and on each lug stud then reinstall the wheel. Repeat the process every time you remove the wheel and this will never happen again. My car does not see very much rain but the water is very hard and I wash the car a lit so the water will leave hard water deposit. This is why I do it.
20210413_192840.jpg

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Remove the wheel. Clean the hub and make sure it is smooth.. then apply a LIGHT layer around the hub and on each lug stud then reinstall the wheel. Repeat the process every time you remove the wheel and this will never happen again. My car does not see very much rain but the water is very hard and I wash the car a lit so the water will leave hard water deposit. This is why I do it.
20210413_192840.jpg
Does this product create any run off stains.
Sponsored