Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
forever. honestly if engine goes kaboom, I will toss a new one in, transmission though just irks me, as it shouldn't cost more than a darn engine. this thing drives beautifully, I have full sound deadening, full sound system, it shifts beautifully, smooth, every single shift, and I use it ti pull stuff, I have like 50k worth of towing motorcycles/random stuff around.

I only pay like 20 bucks a month in insurance during winter, (winter car now) and like 5 bucks a month in summer storage. the cargo trunk is massive, I pull kayaks with my pull along trailer and I use the trunk for loading up/hauling/bulk stuff.

its worth more to me keeping/fixing. just dont want to pay for a tran rebuild and find out won't fix it.

More so, I worry the mechanics jack the transmission up, I paid for a clutch job once and the clutch job sucked ass. it felt awful. I sold the car, but they totally screwed it up and denied trying to fix it.

my clutch doesn't even slip, and I get 34-35mpg on 87 octane. its a joy of a utility vehicle. but if it is a TOB, it would be repaired when I eventually get a clutch job. (all the dealerships are quoting me 2400 bucks for a damn clutch in this car) so im trying to go to 250k before I do it. I do want OEM parts etc for the clutch job, as its lasted this long and feels great. can't see myself risking an aftermarket clutch job kit and not liking it. (I got the car in June of 2012)

are transmissions hard to do? ive done clutch jobs, but ive never torn apart a transmission.
Most of the time all you have to change on M/T are a few bearings. They are easier than A/T.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Handed my wife the keys.

We share cars, so it's not like I was being possessive. We've just been busy and she legit hasn't had a chance to drive it. Also, I kind of impulsively bought the thing, so I was a little concerned that she might hate it.

Whatever. No worries there. After assing around in it for a while, she walked in with a devilish grin and said: "Well,.... I'm totally gonna get a ticket in that car".

GotNotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Z71
Did the BMC Extreme Custom Spoiler Sating Black, Ford Performance Deck Lid with Coyote Emblem.

grterwr (1).jpg

9FB220C9-09D4-4F21-ABE0-5AD88B48D489.jpeg

B24A8C76-3DC3-40A9-8641-762A40669510.jpeg

412FA723-36F9-44ED-B9C9-2BCE4C98FA15.jpeg
Do you have a link to that spoiler in satin? The only one I see on there site is carbon fiber.

Edit.. Never mind I see you are a vert. I was looking for a coupe.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Handed my wife the keys.

We share cars, so it's not like I was being possessive. We've just been busy and she legit hasn't had a chance to drive it. Also, I kind of impulsively bought the thing, so I was a little concerned that she might hate it.

Whatever. No worries there. After assing around in it for a while, she walked in with a devilish grin and said: "Well,.... I'm totally gonna get a ticket in that car".
Just brought OUR new 2021 Mach 1 (A10) home yesterday after 9 hours -- ahem, 10+ officially -- navigating off-main highways to get break-in miles at "varying speeds". Took my wife for a quick spin minutes right after pulling in the driveway. Today she drove nearby safe roads -- figured out the brakes grab WAY more than she's used to in our SHO or her Mazda. At least I know she'll be cautious with it! Took it by a friend's house whose only comment was "this is a dangerous car, in a good way, of course!" Yep, and I didn't break ANY speed limits driving it 9 - I mean 10+ hours yesterday. BTW, she hasn't asked me to program the second key for her settings ... yet.

Sponsored

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Summer tires back on 19x10 SVE S350.

402C4C75-A7AD-4BC5-A89F-0BC6C4D176FF.jpeg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Not getting the shot. Went for a ride, checking the feel of the suspension upgrades done last month.

Tight and nice:thumbsup:

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Recovered my GT350 wheel in leather, as the alcantara didnt go with the GT interior. The perforated leather matches the centre inserts of my standard leather seats.

interior.jpg

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Reinstalled my summer wheels...

tempImage6mRbxp.jpg

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Shouldn't the cobra logo be accompanied by a 5.2 fender emblem?
That would be a +100 HP

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
First wash after full detail from a week ago. I didn't apply any "toppers" over the Wax this time. I just let the wax cure on the clear coat.

Yesterday I washed all the debris off the car with my pressure washer, added some Orange Degreaser to the front to remove bugs along with a Foam Bath. Washed off the foam, then applied Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray as I dried the car. No pollen this time around. So happy with the results. Next weekend I will work on the black trim.

IMG_20210412_161155.jpg

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP
Didn't even push my 2.3 HPP beyond half throttle (probably not even half, actually) and the car belted out some nice numbers. Feels really strong right now 😎

20210412_203247.jpg

20210412_203316.jpg
Sponsored