Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

larf37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Finally got a powerwasher and supporting accessories this week. Detailed my car and my girls car which is also a black GT... Sigh. 2 black cars will be the death of me.

Also painted the GT and the center of the 5.0 badges bronze to flow with the wheels. And picked up a new MGW race spec short throw shifter yesterday. I CAN NOT wait to get the stock junk out of this car.

20210403_150339-01.jpeg

20210403_114736-01.jpeg

20210403_151632-01.jpeg
Did the inline filter help with the water spots?
Sponsored

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
New shoes!! Project 6gr SEVENS, NITTO NT 555 G2

20210319_210836.jpg
Loving those wheels. Just got same Nitto tires installed.a great value and awesome performance when hard cornering/ acceleration.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd

Bandi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes! Very much recommend it for everyone washing at home. I got a Y splitter for my water nozel and run a hose for the powerwasher and a hose for final rinsing with the filter. They are cheap too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006IX87...abc_PSWS00V6SBQ32F81YMJQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I think you just gave me another tool to add to my arsenal.

I also have a pressure washer and an armory of Chemical Guys goodies. I haven't taken a car, whether it's my parents' or one of mine (I also own a Mazda 3 hatch to learn how to drive stick), to a car wash in years.

larf37

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Convertible

Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Tell me about it. I also own a black GT. Very hard to keep water spots off of it...
We have crazy hard water here too (and I have two black SUVs and a grey mustang).

I finally got fed up with the water spots and got this deionizer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H8MQTMD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

To test it I took the older SUV and washed it - then I rinsed thoroughly with the dionized water - AND DID NOT DRY IT. And… there was not a single water spot on it. I can’t recommend this enough!

Note that you can only really use it to rinse - you have to keep the flow through it pretty low so that it stays effective.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Did the same with a Y splitter and a two canister deionizer (posted it above). Works awesome!
Yeah I was actually going to buy that one but one of my detailer friends metioned the RV filter to me. Figured I'd give that a shot. How do you like it?

Bandi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
We have crazy hard water here too (and I have two black SUVs and a grey mustang).

I finally got fed up with the water spots and got this deionizer: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H8MQTMD?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

To test it I took the older SUV and washed it - then I rinsed thoroughly with the dionized water - AND DID NOT DRY IT. And… there was not a single water spot on it. I can’t recommend this enough!

Note that you can only really use it to rinse - you have to keep the flow through it pretty low so that it stays effective.
Gonna pick one of these up. I really struggle with water spots on my car. Thanks for the link.

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Ordered an OEM FP GT500 wing with gurney flap from another post on the boards.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
20210404_010555.jpg
Installed my rock blokz and new motorcraft cabin air/engine air filters. Crazy how dirty they were when my car has only 8700 miles on it. Fire season is a bitch. Rock blocks install wasn't too bad, just takes patience. Cabin air filter on the other hand is extremely annoying, mostly because you'll be uncomfortable the entire time you do it. Everything is fiddly and you can't sit in a way that doesn't hurt your back. Removing the glove box is only really helpful for finding where the torx bit is (you can get it from below), and putting the little door back on. Filter has to drop out towards the floor behind the glove box, and go back in the same way.
20210403_201143.jpg
20210404_004537.jpg

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah I was actually going to buy that one but one of my detailer friends metioned the RV filter to me. Figured I'd give that a shot. How do you like it?

Gonna pick one of these up. I really struggle with water spots on my car. Thanks for the link.

I think it’s great! Works perfectly… and I like that you can buy the resin in bulk and refill the canisters yourself.

Only bummer is that it’s not very portable - but I just set it in a plastic tub that was about the right height so the hoses on each side keep it upright. Works well!

In the long run I hope to plumb in a deionized spigot into my garage with this on the wall. In the medium term I might make a wooden bracket for it that has a handle so I can move it around…

Just to reiterate: the flow speed through this is low (and you want it to be for max effectiveness): use it with a variable speed sprayer With multiple nozzle options for best effect. If you keep the flow speed low - it will give you a completely spotless rinse.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
20210404_010555.jpg
Installed my rock blokz and new motorcraft cabin air/engine air filters. Crazy how dirty they were when my car has only 8700 miles on it. Fire season is a bitch. Rock blocks install wasn't too bad, just takes patience. Cabin air filter on the other hand is extremely annoying, mostly because you'll be uncomfortable the entire time you do it. Everything is fiddly and you can't sit in a way that doesn't hurt your back. Removing the glove box is only really helpful for finding where the torx bit is (you can get it from below), and putting the little door back on. Filter has to drop out towards the floor behind the glove box, and go back in the same way.
20210403_201143.jpg
20210404_004537.jpg
I take it that everything went fine on the RockBlockz install?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I take it that everything went fine on the RockBlockz install?
Yeah overall not too bad, I figured how how you broke one of the retainers doing the rear though. It's extremely particular about the size of hole you drill. I used a brand new 5/16 bit and just ran it through quick on the left side, and the retainer was a struggle to push through. On the second, I drilled a little longer, and it easily popped through (not loosely), but then I had to hold it from spinning while I tightened the screw.
Sponsored