Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
We tried that, it's not the same. My Ebony roof, even under substantial magnification, doesn't have the same "structure" (for lack of a better term) that the Magnetic paint has. The black roof is a solid black surface, as I'd always thought all paint would be, rather than looking like a microscopic ball pit. The last pic I attached was an attempt to give an idea of both paints together, it gave up some clarity of the grey but correctly showed the black roof. I purposely avoided reflections so the surface would show.
Perhaps, at some point, Ford used Shadow Black for black roofs but mine is Ebony and has no metallic in it.

Screenshot_20210321-200051.png
Some colors get two coats of metallic and some only get one. The "sphere" look is from one coat. Colors with two (or more for really expensive colors) tend to look more like that.
Sponsored

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
I'm tired of seeing this class of vehicles on the road, it's basically a modern station wagon. Every manufacturer has them and they all look exactly the same, and now they are defining the Mustang name with this one.
yeah crossovers and suvs are everywhere. I wish they weren't so popular.

FlabbyCouch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
After:
IMG_0275 2.jpeg

IMG_0269 2.jpeg

SVE S350 Gloss Graphite
19x10 +40
19x11 +50

Indy 500
285/35
325/30
Lookin' good! Can you post or send me some more photos of your rear setup? Looking to throw 325s on my 19x11s but I'm afraid if it looking and feeling too bulgy.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The Speed Shine yesterday helped, but I wanted more. I added a layer of Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.
My son was playing with his new phone and took a close up at 108 MP. I didn't know paint looked like that zoomed in. If you click on this and then zoom in it looks like little spheres of color.
Screenshot_20210321-142812_Gallery.jpg

What am I looking at

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Lookin' good! Can you post or send me some more photos of your rear setup? Looking to throw 325s on my 19x11s but I'm afraid if it looking and feeling too bulgy.
Thanks.
Not bulgy at all. Was surprised to see they fit just perfectly on an 11in wheel. Thought there'd be more rubber protecting the wheel. Oh well, maybe some 345s next time. Tire brand will differ of course.

IMG_0267.jpeg

IMG_0273.jpeg

IMG_0276.jpeg

IMG_0277.jpeg

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Steeda delrin reverse lock out collar and Ford Performance carbon fiber shift knob. The OEM lock out collar was splitting below where you put your fingers to engage the collar. I know these are prone to breaking but not where mine was.

shift boot.jpg
Looks great.

I've got the same knob on hand. Planning to put it on when the new shifter gets installed. I didn't know about the collar problems. Guess I'll add that to the pile.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Started the first 1250 mile, nats ass, bug collection.
20210321_213158.jpg

The bugs will be getting bigger and more plentiful in future collections activities

Sponsored

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
I “painted” the centre section of my bumper to give it a Shelbyish look. I used the removable paint, just in case.
91A96A2E-B9B9-40DB-8E06-ADDFA6005A37.jpeg
DF5DFB5A-DE92-45AB-B472-A065C2BE9209.jpeg
I like the idea.
Do you have photos where the work can be better appreciated?
How did you mask the area before painting?
I think I'm going to do this and the mirrors, I hesitate between matte black or gloss.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Discount tire patched my wheel, the manager thinks Itl hold. If it ever leaks we will toss a new tire on, there wasn’t any in stock, the other 2 in stock was being installed on customers car today.

All’s well.

I also pick up my painted big mouths today, Atleast should be done.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Wished it a happy birthday. Arrived at dealer and went home 5 years ago today.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Well, kinda. When the pandemic hit, the demand for fuel crashed. You can't just turn a refinery on and off so they kept refining and hoped covid wouldn't be a long term thing, until the storage tanks were full and they had to shut down. Gas has been at fire sale prices ever since.
Now that the stored fuel is running out and people are starting to get out again they have to restart production, that costs money and the end user gets to pay for it. Nobody should be surprised by any of this.
I guess it's not incorrect to blame Biden since, without him, we'd still be cooped up instead of filling the tank. But whining about rising fuel prices makes me wonder if some people preferred the pandemic.
Shutting down a major pipeline isn't going to help anything in the long run. It is the safest way to transport oil. Once that effect kicks in we will be paying $5.00 again. Oil is used to make a lot more things than just "gas" for cars. Tires, plastic products, electronics are all petroleum products. Being dependent on foreign oil again is not a good thing for anyone here.

Thing made from petroleum:
All plastic is made from petroleum and plastic is used almost everywhere: in cars, houses, toys, computers and clothing. Asphalt used in road construction is a petroleum product as is the synthetic rubber in the tires. Paraffin wax comes from petroleum, as do fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides, detergents, phonograph records, photographic film, furniture, packaging materials, surfboards, paints, and artificial fibers used in clothing, upholstery, and carpet backing. Solvents Diesel Motor Oil Bearing Grease Ink Floor Wax Ballpoint Pens Football Cleats Upholstery Sweaters Boats Insecticides Bicycle Tires Sports Car Bodies Nail Polish Fishing lures Dresses Tires Golf Bags Perfumes Cassettes Dishwasher Tool Boxes Shoe Polish Motorcycle Helmet Caulking Petroleum Jelly Transparent Tape CD Player Faucet Washers Antiseptics Clothesline Curtains Food Preservatives Basketballs Soap Vitamin Capsules Antihistamines Purses Shoes Dashboards Cortisone Deodorant Footballs Putty Dyes Panty Hose Refrigerant Percolators Life Jackets Rubbing Alcohol Linings Skis TV Cabinets Shag Rugs Electrician's Tape Tool Racks Car Battery Cases Epoxy Paint Mops Slacks Insect Repellent Oil Filters Umbrellas Yarn Fertilizers Hair Coloring Roofing Toilet Seats Fishing Rods Lipstick Denture Adhesive Linoleum Ice Cube Trays Synthetic Rubber Speakers Plastic Wood Electric Blankets Glycerin Tennis Rackets Rubber Cement Fishing Boots Dice Nylon Rope Candles Trash Bags House Paint Water Pipes Hand Lotion Roller Skates Surf Boards Shampoo Wheels Paint Rollers Shower Curtains Guitar Strings Luggage Aspirin Safety Glasses Antifreeze Football Helmets Awnings Eyeglasses Clothes Toothbrushes Ice Chests Footballs Combs CD's Paint Brushes Detergents Vaporizers Balloons Sun Glasses Tents Heart Valves Crayons Parachutes Telephones Enamel Pillows Dishes Cameras Anesthetics Artificial Turf Artificial limbs Bandages Dentures Model Cars Folding Doors Hair Curlers Cold cream Movie film Soft Contact lenses Drinking Cups Fan Belts Car Enamel Shaving Cream Ammonia Refrigerators Golf Balls Toothpaste Gasoline Ink Dishwashing liquids Paint brushes Telephones Toys Unbreakable dishes Insecticides Antiseptics Dolls Car sound insulation Fishing lures Deodorant Tires Motorcycle helmets Linoleum Sweaters Tents Refrigerator linings Paint rollers Floor wax Shoes Electrician's tape Plastic wood Model cars Glue Roller-skate wheels Trash bags Soap dishes Skis Permanent press clothes Hand lotion Clothesline Dyes Soft contact lenses Shampoo Panty hose Cameras Food preservatives Fishing rods Oil filters Combs Transparent tape Anesthetics Upholstery Dice Disposable diapers TV cabinets Cassettes Mops Sports car bodies Salad bowls House paint Purses Electric blankets Awnings Ammonia Dresses Car battery cases Safety glass Hair curlers Pajamas Synthetic rubber VCR tapes Eyeglasses Pillows Vitamin capsules Movie film Ice chests Candles Rubbing alcohol Loudspeakers Ice buckets Boats Ice cube trays Credit cards Fertilizers Crayons Insect repellent Water pipes Toilet seats Caulking Roofing shingles Fishing boots Life jackets Balloons Shower curtains Garden hose Golf balls Curtains Plywood adhesive Umbrellas Detergents Milk jugs Beach umbrellas Rubber cement Sun glasses Putty Faucet washers Cold cream Bandages Tool racks Antihistamines Hair coloring Nail polish Slacks Drinking cups Guitar strings False teeth Yarn Petroleum jelly Toothpaste Golf bags Roofing Tennis rackets Toothbrushes Perfume Luggage Wire insulation Folding doors Shoe polish Fan belts Ballpoint pens Shower doors Cortisone Carpeting Artificial turf Heart valves LP records Lipstick Artificial limbs Hearing aids Vaporizers Aspirin Shaving cream Wading pools Parachutes