Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
I'm not typically one to work on my car by myself as I'm super apprehensive about getting it all back together/breaking something.

I bought and hardwired a front & rear dash cam (pretty easy, no pic as the forum hates vertical pics). Also finally got my Cervini's grilles and big mouth intake installed on the driver's side. Only had those since 2020. I bought passenger big mouth for balance, but it will require some trimming on the front to get the bumper to fit flush and I didn't feel like doing that.

IMG_2032.png

Last edited:

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
Finished up installing the MGW X Spec shifter :rockon:

Only went for a .5 mile test drive but a huge improvement.
How long did it take? Did you use jack stands or a lift? Mine has been sitting in my basement since November. I'm a fair weather mechanic. Temps in the 60's this week supposedly so maybe I'll do it.

Last edited:

Taylor18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 1

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
How long did it take? Did you use jack stands or a lift? Mine has been sitting in my basement since November. I'm a fair weather mechanic. Temps in the 60's this week supposedly so maybe I'll do it.
Know you weren't asking me but time can vary a lot. Most was fast and easy. But the horizontal bolt on top of the trans would not come out or go back in with the trans in place; too close to the tunnel. Apparently some will and some won't. Managed to lower the trans with a prybar to get the bolt out but no way to get it back in by myself on jack stands. On a lift you can hang your entire weight on the trans to pull it down to where the tunnel is wider. Laying on the floor you just have part of your upper body weight. Wasn't enough for me. And no way to get the pry bar in the same spot with the MGW shifter installed. Finally had to get someone to push down from inside the car while I pulled down from below with one hand and jammed the bolt in with the other. Moral: just because some have more clearance or could pull down on a lift, don't count on being that lucky.

Sponsored

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
As of Friday she is officially mine. Got my title in the mail

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
you getting a set of rims for those?

Rear deffuser, is interesting would you mind taking a close up from the back up lite down, end to end.

Thinking adding some stretched metal filling in the gaps as the 350 has. Would be an easy mod for that piece. Thanks for posting it, had not seen this one.
Roush should have made this, that 2 piece thing they sell is awful.
Wheels came in a couple days ago. Just a basic set of GT350 replicas. 19x10/11.

I'll try to snap a pic for you tomorrow.

The piece caught my eye a few months ago when I came across a post from @dn1984. It's cheap and took a realistic 20min to install. I think it looks good; rounds out the rear. A second set of hands is not necessary, but will make aligning up holes much easier.

Are those tires going to fit?!
I sure hope so.
Thanks for posting. I really like that diffuser.
Also love those wide tires. :clap:
No problem.

I'm happy with it so far. I like the GT350esque look. But I wish it was a couple inches deeper. From some angles you can see the ground behind it; I don't like that.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Received some Avalon King Armor Shield IX Ceramic Coating today.. I have got some new wheels on the way, some Ferrada CM1’s wrapped in Nittos. Estimated arrival late next week.

This will be my 1st time ceramic coating anything so any help, thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Main goal is to reduce braking dust on the brand new wheel setup.

I watched a few videos and the company is very supportive of their product they have sent 4 welcome/prep emails already.

E3C84830-35E2-4304-B984-66E77B79C2CA.jpeg
I'm planing to coat my new wheels tomorrow, using CarPro Delux instead though. Since I'm no expert the only advice I can give it to make sure the surface is clean. Don't skip the IPA wipe down. Then just follow the instructions and make sure then ambient temps are good.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels came in a couple days ago. Just a basic set of GT350 replicas. 19x10/11.

I'll try to snap a pic for you tomorrow.

The piece caught my eye a few months ago when I came across a post from @dn1984. It's cheap and took a realistic 20min to install. I think it looks good; rounds out the rear. A second set of hands is not necessary, but will make aligning up holes much easier.
Unless there is some unforeseen obstacle, and I cannot think of any. 10 & 11 rims will be fine, hell my GT 10.5 & 11 .

Pretty sure the track of the 350 & GT will be the same. If wrong some one will correct the statement

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Unless there is some unforeseen obstetrical, and I cannot think of any. 10 & 11 rims will be fine, hell my GT 10.5 & 11 .
Love spell check errors. But in case it wasn't one, congratulations, even if unforeseen!

Sponsored

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planing to coat my new wheels tomorrow, using CarPro Delux instead though. Since I'm no expert the only advice I can give it to make sure the surface is clean. Don't skip the IPA wipe down. Then just follow the instructions and make sure then ambient temps are good.
I purchased the Avalon King kit yesterday to coat the car and wheels for my 20 Bullitt. I will need some direction on all of the prep that is recommended as I don't appear to have any issues with the existing finish.

rcald

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3483 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase