Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Yes, Shell had that issue here and got to pay for engine repair and or failure.
Honestly, I use shell a lot. If I can't find shell I use whatever is there bp, Exxon, etc.

I did use Sunoco once and it made a lot of difference as far as driving. Much better than the rest. Maybe I should stick with that I dunno anymore...
Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
The only 93 available around here is from Shell and Sunoco. There's one particular Sunoco I go to regularly for both cars. Otherwise I'd have to sip on 91 like a peasant :crackup:
My brother in law told me not to use shell anymore. He takes his bmw and other cars to Sunoco a lot, and not to wait until it's almost empty. Mechanic told me to fill up at 1/4 tank.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
my wife thinks you drive it until the light comes on!!
a QX56 must have a great fuel pump because she has almost 280K miles on it
I used to do that with my gti which had 180k miles and do it with my other car which is a Honda Accord with 239k miles. Never had a fuel pump problem. I guess Mustangs are different.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I used to do that with my gti which had 180k miles and do it with my other car which is a Honda Accord with 239k miles. Never had a fuel pump problem. I guess Mustangs are different.
High pressure setups are usually less tolerant of that kind of stuff. The Mustang has a complex fuel tank setup as well. Two saddle tanks with a transfer tube.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
your car is 'old' and you have no idea how the owners behaved or where they got their gas. Now you're all set.
Yeah u told me that before but still a 16 with 40k miles. I didn't have a problem with my old 16 gt buying gas from diff locations and driving it wild. But then again that had 1k miles when I bought it.

Le50pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Le
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Avid1 SL02 20x10 squared 285/35/20 nitto 555 G2

IMG_0147.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Did some suspension work, ordered the parts a month ago . Weather was just right, it was a good day in the garage.

IMG_0163.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

Worth the time, money, effort spent. Suppression is more positive, car rolls easier. The car is a PP2 was pretty good as it was, now crisper .

Last edited:

Sponsored

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
First oil change (M1 5W20, motorcraft FL500S filter) and installed Steeda jacking rails. So far so good with the new oil- no weird issues or sounds.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did some suspension work, ordered the parts a month ago . Weather was just right, it was a good day in the garage.

IMG_0163.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

Worth the time, money, effort spent. Suppression is more positive, car rolls easier. The car is a PP2 was pretty good as it was, now crisper .
Any NVH you noticed?

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G

IMG_0163.jpeg

IMG_0164.jpeg

I like your exhaust wrap. Did you notice a difference?