Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoostā„¢, Vert, MagneRideĀ® PP
Vehicle Showcase
old gas stations with service bays are highly polluted locations and you'll never get it zoned for residential. at least around here.
With patience and dollars it apparently can be done: this corner a few blocks from here was de-service-station-ized about twenty-five years ago, and sat fenced and vacant until late last year. Now it's the site of a condo complex with a commercial corner. They missed their chance to make a latter-day service-bay icon. They did issue an invitation for new residents in an area where every square inch of parking space is already oversubscribed.
Sponsored

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Got a sound system put into my ā€˜20 convertible! After a lot of running around getting quotes and learning as much as I could, I finally found a car audio place that didnā€™t want to charge me 3k to put a pre fab box and sub in the back and up sell a 7 channel amp and dsp to power my stock speakers (lol) and got them to build a custom enclosure to take up the dead space under the roof housing, as well as replacing the front speakers with some awesome Blam component speakers. The result is breathtaking compared to the stock 9 speaker system!

Before:

30A180EC-AB5F-42B3-B02D-566DF8AB4E75.jpeg

After:

3E5B58B0-2CBE-4C77-8BF0-FB52918A990E.jpeg

Blam Live L165P Power Active:

EC49AD19-9834-4E19-90FC-794FBAFC0621.jpeg

Sound Deadening on doors:

D5677066-89D7-4F1B-BC48-293C890C55AA.jpeg

Helix M Four DSP and Helix M One X Amps:

25528DCA-903D-4263-A8C5-EC4EA4F112BD.jpeg
looks like they did a thorough, professional job. What did it end up costing if you donā€™t mind.

devarin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
looks like they did a thorough, professional job. What did it end up costing if you donā€™t mind.
Donā€™t mind at all! The project included the following:
-building the custom box
-sound deadening front doors
-installation and setup of Maestro ADS-MAR module and harness to bypass the stock amp and get a flat signal from the head unit
-install of 2 component speakers and 2 subs
-building an amp rack and install of two amps behind the back seat
-tuning dsp
-All components included

The project cost $6000 CAD including taxes and took about 3.5 days including the fabrication.

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Donā€™t mind at all! The project included the following:
-building the custom box
-sound deadening front doors
-installation and setup of Maestro ADS-MAR module and harness to bypass the stock amp and get a flat signal from the head unit
-install of 2 component speakers and 2 subs
-building an amp rack and install of two amps behind the back seat
-tuning dsp
-All components included

The project cost $6000 CAD including taxes and took about 3.5 days including the fabrication.
Nice. Seems like a very solid price. Itā€™s a great mod to do. I feel like itā€™s one that you get a lot in return for. Very clean work as well The sound system is definitely on my to do list!

Solteka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wai
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10A
2/14/2021:

I uploaded the 1st version of the E30 tune for my car from PD Tuning to my car at home today after filling up at a local gas station a mix of E85 and 93 octane according to my tuner's instruction.

nc_ohc=EKoztityyewAX_AafTY&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.jpg

Sponsored

devarin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Nice. Seems like a very solid price. Itā€™s a great mod to do. I feel like itā€™s one that you get a lot in return for. Very clean work as well The sound system is definitely on my to do list!
Oh most definitely! It certainly wasnā€™t cheap but I did my homework and got multiple quotes and really took the time to learn enough about the components and some of the issues surrounding installation in the Mustang specifically. The main thing I kept coming back to is that a) if Iā€™m going to have it done, I want it done right; b) I would completely render my car unusable if I tried to do it myself so trust the professionals but make sure they know you are on top of what is needed so you know when youā€™re being taken for a ride; and c) be prepared to pay fairly for quality work.

Case in point: the first quote I got when I knew nothing was from another highly recommended local shop. The rep suggested I pay $2600 for a pre fab box with a 12ā€ JL sub and a 650W amp with a line out converter (which is workable but not as clean of a signal as what I went with). He then suggested that the next step in my system would be to get an 8 channel amp with DSP to power my stock speakers on an active setup for another $4400 dollars... after doing some research I started to question how amplifying my paper thin stock speakers were going to make this system sound like the money it would cost... so if you are ready to take the step I suggest jumping down the rabbit hole and get to know exactly what you want as you go explore!

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Installed the passenger side Steeda engine mount. Driver's side has way less space than the passenger and more components and wiring. Personally, I'd suggest professional installation. Won't go through that again.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the passenger side Steeda engine mount. Driver's side has way less space than the passenger and more components and wiring. Personally, I'd suggest professional installation. Won't go through that again.
Is that for lowering center of gravity or some other thing?

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ha ha ............. Just wait. What we got her in TX is headed your way .................. :clap: :sunglasses:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Not really for the mustang. But put some some custom art work in the garage I had done of my cars.

20210110_141438.jpg
where did you get the frischs big boy monster looking thing? That was my first job lol server at frischs at 15. never ever seen that type of sticker before