Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
When I put my Roush CAI on in Oct, I dropped a few things lol. Luckily they were all metal and I have a magnet on extension tool thingy.
With all of the shroud coverings the Coyote is like an abyss when something falls down into it. Fishing out those damn battery cover clips.....ugh
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about pulling the trigger on a mishimoto radiator, tell me not too.
upgrading from base (non performance pack radiator) Ecoboost.

worthless for a daily driver? will it make it run worst by having to cold of temps?

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
I have to imagine there's a way you can download updates and do it yourself via a drive
I didn't mean labor. The update itself costs $150. And I am sure you can find pirated versions.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
ah I thought map updates was free, that's crummy. it would be something I did every 5 years or so, my iPhone maps is perfect imo. I really debated on if I wanted nav and such, but iOS 14 kills the sync 3/iOS integration.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The update itself costs $150. And I am sure you can find pirated versions.
I don't have NAV in the Stang but wasn't that (no cost) the whole point of using Cyan-whatever a few posts up? I guess I'll check what the map level is in my F150. It did an un-commanded update recently.

If indeed you have to pay anything more than $30 for a new SD card with maps on it, it's criminal usury by Ford. You can buy standalone GPS units for $500 and they come with lifetime updates.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
I don't have NAV in the Stang but wasn't that (no cost) the whole point of using Cyan-whatever a few posts up? I guess I'll check what the map level is in my F150. It did an un-commanded update recently.
Bingo...

Someone questioned him buying the nav, vs free maps. My point was even if you buy the nav the updates aren't free.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

worthless for a daily driver? will it make it run worst by having to cold of temps?
Do you really want something on your Ford Mustang that says "mishimoto"?? Larger radiator wont make it run any cooler. Save the $$ for something else.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
ah I thought map updates was free, that's crummy. it would be something I did every 5 years or so, my iPhone maps is perfect imo. I really debated on if I wanted nav and such, but iOS 14 kills the sync 3/iOS integration.
I have the nav because I use it when I am in areas of poor cell service(which is a lot). My android and google maps are worlds better

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
Do you really want something on your Ford Mustang that says "mishimoto"?? Larger radiator wont make it run any cooler. Save the $$ for something else.
Mishimoto makes a quality product. I wouldn't swap radiators out unless you're having cooling issues. That said, my 750hp lightning has Mishimoto parts on it...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

The cooling system thermostat will determine what temp the cooling system operates at, regardless of how much more effective the radiator is. A bigger radiator will ensure temps stay within the thermostat temperature if the engine is pushed harder. If you're not overheating with normal street driving then no use upgrading.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The cooling system thermostat will determine what temp the cooling system operates at, regardless of how much more effective the radiator is. A bigger radiator will ensure temps stay within the thermostat temperature if the engine is pushed harder. If you're not overheating with normal street driving then no use upgrading.
Just when I romp on it pretty hard in summer the digital guage will rise to yellow temperature, but goes back to green shortly. I heard that isnā€™t real temperature though as thereā€™s no real oil temperature guage? I could be wrong
Sponsored