Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Had new springs, dampers, and cradle lockouts installed.

20201113_123231-01.jpeg

20201113_123145-01.jpeg

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
What is the purpose of removing the sound tube? Seems like a popular mod that everyone is doing but I don’t get why. Can somebody please explain to me why people remove the sound tube. Thanks.
On my 2017 GT, I had to remove it. Installed the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 which includes the GT350 inlet tube and filter housing, nowhere on the GT350 inlet to connect the sound tube. On my 2020 GT, I removed it to reduce the clutter on the left side of the motor, easier to get to the oil dipstick. Plus I could care less about "hearing" the sound from it. Would much rather hear the stereo, or the exhaust in track mode. I eventually will install the Ford Performance Power Pack on my 2020 also, same GT350 stuff comes with it, so I would have to remove it eventually regardless.

Doug

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
you have un-bolted amp with glass (no less) moving around in your trunk?
Its acrylic and that is on MDF, it's not moving around unless I flip the car over. Plus I wanted to be able to disconnect it easily.

Outlawtorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Had new springs, dampers, and cradle lockouts installed.

20201113_123231-01.jpeg

20201113_123145-01.jpeg

Looks great...Would be interested in your feedback re the cradle lockouts...Im considering getting some...

Sponsored

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Automatic
Polish + Compound with two coats of turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray.

First Compound + Polish ever for the car. Took out maybe 75-80% of the swirls so I am happy.

IMG_5650.JPG

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Polish + Compound with two coats of turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray.

First Compound + Polish ever for the car. Took out maybe 75-80% of the swirls so I am happy.

IMG_5650.JPG
Looks great Rob! (I need to do that with my car, never been done)

I think you, Jim Wolf and I are the only Guard cars in the bay area. At least the only ones that participate in any social media/online.

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great Rob! (I need to do that with my car, never been done)

I think you, Jim Wolf and I are the only Guard cars in the bay area. At least the only ones that participate in any social media/online.
Thanks! Man, it was an 8+ hour process because when compounding you are supposed to do smaller sections and be careful and slow, The hood had to be done in 6 sections. Yeah, when I go to meets and see Mustangs I don't remember seeing any Guard ones. and more of the Guard ones I see on the streets are eco-boost/V6 and the owners don't look to be car people.

Black Friday I am finally getting some suspension to lower it. Might just put a 20mm spacer on the wheels, I didn't realize how much new wheels and tires would be. Especially when I'm already putting a good amount into a supercharger.

Sponsored

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
Rhino ramps are cheap. They clear the stock, non-pp GT front end no problem. I think the pp front splitter would get crunched though. Can always use the 2X4 trick to get on and off if neccesary..
2 Ă— 4 are essential tools now for the Mustang

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Thanks! Man, it was an 8+ hour process because when compounding you are supposed to do smaller sections and be careful and slow, The hood had to be done in 6 sections. Yeah, when I go to meets and see Mustangs I don't remember seeing any Guard ones. and more of the Guard ones I see on the streets are eco-boost/V6 and the owners don't look to be car people.

Black Friday I am finally getting some suspension to lower it. Might just put a 20mm spacer on the wheels, I didn't realize how much new wheels and tires would be. Especially when I'm already putting a good amount into a supercharger.
You for hire? lol

Also, awesome to hear about the blower! What brand/type you going with?

-T

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You for hire? lol

Also, awesome to hear about the blower! What brand/type you going with?

-T
Pretty sure I am still recovering from polishing my own car lol.

Well, the original plan was a Whipple Stage 2. But I am in-between jobs right now and due to this there is the possibility that I need to use the Mustang to get to work (I live near BART, so that has been my main way of job travel). So I have been thinking if I should get the Procharger Stage 1 HO kit instead as I would imagine with it pushing probably around 100HP less, it would stress the motor less for daily driving conditions.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
2 Ă— 4 are essential tools now for the Mustang
I have jacking rails so I jacked it up and put on ramps to change motor mounts and put some jack stands on rails as a safety
IMG_6770.jpg
Sponsored