Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Do you mind giving a mini write up how you did this process? I'm thinking of doing it and just researching some products and approaches
I basically treated them like I did the car paint. Washed the wheels, then sprayed with iron remover and washed off, clay bar, polished, then finished with an alcohol wipe down to make sure no residue or grease was left. Then just follow direction on the ceramic of your choice. Temp and humidity will affect the flash time so pay attention to that. Its really not any harder than polishing and waxing your car.
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I basically treated them like I did the car paint. Washed the wheels, then sprayed with iron remover and washed off, clay bar, polished, then finished with an alcohol wipe down to make sure no residue or grease was left. Then just follow direction on the ceramic of your choice. Temp and humidity will affect the flash time so pay attention to that. Its really not any harder than polishing and waxing your car.
That's what I did as well but sadly I think the brake dust sticks to it even easier than before and a hose off doesn't yield the expected results - still need to get in there with a wheel woolie and soap.

Wouldn't do it again but hope your ceramic of choice is better (mine was the Avalon King stuff that's reasonably priced).

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think people expect a little too much from ceramic coatings...the first thing we have to realize is you STILL have to use soap, water, and agitation to remove dirt and brake dust and especially if they go awhile in between washing. I agree, a hose rinse doesn't cut it.

That's what I did as well but sadly I think the brake dust sticks to it even easier than before and a hose off doesn't yield the expected results - still need to get in there with a wheel woolie and soap.

Wouldn't do it again but hope your ceramic of choice is better (mine was the Avalon King stuff that's reasonably priced).

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs

You should spray/rinse your car with a poly gloss after you wash it. It'll make rinsing off brake dust and dirt a little easier between washes

20200919_161410.jpg

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Brake dust is an evil thing. Everything seems to come right off the car with the ceramic I used, so hopefully the wheels will be the same. But it is brake dust so I don't really expect it to just blow right off...lol

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Got a delivery from Autogeek today. The interior gets cleaned on Saturday!

IMG_2069.jpg
Any of the underhood plastic will love the 303. Now get at er and post some pics!

Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Detailed the exterior, compound, polish, and wax. Pulled it out into the sun to sweep the garage out and when I went to pull it back in there were water spots all over it. Mad as hell and confused I looked up and there was one teeny weeny little cloud right above us. Unbelievable! It didn't even rain enough to spot the pavement, just enough to water spot the car! Since the wax hadn't cured I pulled it back in and started about stripping the wax off and washing again. As I'm going around the car I hear this BAM! CLUNK! What the hell is it now? I look and the broom had fallen off the wall where it was hanging and hit the hood. That broom has hung in that spot for 7 years and never once fallen off the wall. So now I have to compound and polish the hood again! ARRRGHHH!! Just wasn't meant to do this today.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It was a perfect convertible day here yesterday, so the wife and I took a long drive to one of Wisconsin's most well-known bratwurst markets. We bought 8 different kinds of brats, as well as other meat products. Everyone has to wear facemasks and there are no crowds during the day, so we felt pretty safe. We met another Mustang convertible driver who pulled into the parking lot the same time we did. He told me they bought coolers to carry what they buy, because their drive is over 3 hours. Mine was just an 1.5 hours, so we can get home before stuff starts to thaw.

I don't know if this is OK, but here's a link for any of you brat lovers: https://www.miesfelds.com/index.html

Every brat we have tried has been outstanding and we have tried about 20 varieties. Their list doesn't show them all.

Last edited:

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
It was a perfect convertible day here yesterday, so the wife and I took a long drive to one of Wisconsin's most well-known bratwurst markets. We bought 8 different kinds of brats, as well as other meat products. Everyone has to wear facemasks and there are no crowds during the day, so we felt pretty safe. We met another Mustang convertible driver who pulled into the parking lot the same time we did. He told me they bought coolers to carry what they buy, because their drive is over 3 hours. Mine was just an 1.5 hours, so we can get home before stuff starts to thaw.

I don't know if this is OK, but here's a link for any of you brat lovers: https://www.miesfelds.com/index.html

Every brat we have tried has been outstanding and we have tried about 20 varieties. Their list doesn't show them all.
The real question is did you let her drive? :)
Sponsored