Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Sawsall I'm guessing, tail pipe & mufflers also removed & reinstalled?
hmm 2hrs...on the back?

This took 2 hrs, just the X pipe was installed, using a friends lift.
DSC_0045.jpg

Comparing the H & X pipe. a casual observation. The X pipe, not only has the same balance as the H, however has the flow advantage over it. Better flow wonder what that could mean?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
TMy butt dyno also tells me the car revs a bit more freely, and my wife independently said the same. It is probably more noticeable on a boosted car than anything. Hard to judge even that, as most FI guys are modding the exhaust anyway.
Which one do you have Mik??

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
Sawsall I'm guessing, tail pipe & mufflers also removed & reinstalled?
hmm 2hrs...on the back?

This took 2 hrs, just the X pipe was installed, using a friends lift.
DSC_0045.jpg

Comparing the H & X pipe. a casual observation. The X pipe, not only has the same balance as the H, however has the flow advantage over it. Better flow wonder what that could mean?
I picked the H-pipe for a deeper sound most people go with a X-pipe because they are better from what I understand on HP but I love a deeper tone. I wish I would have taken a pic installed lol but was happy it was done and wanted to hear it

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Two questions. If you remove the resonator, the sound would get raspier with an 'X' pipe? And how much extra cabin noise (in quiet and sport) you get with that mod? Thx.

txpat3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue PP1 5.0
Two questions. If you remove the resonator, the sound would get raspier with an 'X' pipe? And how much extra cabin noise (in quiet and sport) you get with that mod? Thx.
My first exhaust modification was a resonator delete x-pipe and it made the exhaust louder and a bit more raspy. In quiet mode the difference was negligible between stock and x-pipe. I added Corsa axlebacks and quiet mode still does it job really well! I'm sure my neighbors appreciate it when I leave for work at 6 am. Track mode, on the other hand, is glorious to the ears!

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
My first exhaust modification was a resonator delete x-pipe and it made the exhaust louder and a bit more raspy. In quiet mode the difference was negligible between stock and x-pipe. I added Corsa axlebacks and quiet mode still does it job really well! I'm sure my neighbors appreciate it when I leave for work at 6 am. Track mode, on the other hand, is glorious to the ears!
I'm sure all neighbors appreciate quiet mode LOL
I have mine set to start that way then few blocks away flip it to my mode