Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I ran the armory on many Naval Ships and was the Small Arms Instructor as well as the Crew Serve Weapons Instructor. Motor Oil is nice but gun oil and gun powder takes the cake! :)

Hoppes 9 for the WIN :D

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
I can FINALLY post in this thread now that I have a S550 Mustang. :handsinair:
I just checked her out in the garage when I went out to throw away the recyclables. So nice. I think once the humidity leaves, I'll give her a nice little quick detail.
Hey buddy

acere23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sound tube delete on my new 2019 GT. $10 for the kit? I think not.
Solution , black cap from an oil quart bottle and a clamp to seal the hole on the intake. Removed the drain plug from the trunk to cover the hole on the firewall.Total $0

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Oil change light came on last week so I changed it today. Am I the only one who likes the smell of motor oil? Instead of Chanel No. 5, I would wear Pennzoil No. 5-20
I'll make two recommendations. Trouble is, they require the oil be hot, at or near its flash point:

1) Castrol "R", the original, made from beans. A significant part of go-to-the-races used to be the scent of burning Castrol R. Sweet. (During WWI Castor oil was the best available lubricant. Pilots who flew behind castor oil lubricated engines were made very ill with diarrhea. Same for early auto racers.)

2) Marvel Mystery Oil. Still on the shelf at Pep Boys, et al. The Judson superchargers on my MGTD and Morris Minor 1000 required a drip feed lubrication system. When refilling the oil reservoir I always let a few drops fall on the hot exhaust manifolds; the smoke was even sweeter than Castrol. Useful additive, unstuck the hydraulic valves by putting an ounce or two in the crankcase of more than one car.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Took the car to the dealer to get the oil changed, it was an hour before the car even went on the lift and this was a scheduled appointment.

Told the guy like 6 times to not rotate tires because I had that done at the tire shop the day before, I look over at the bay and of course the guy is rotating the tires, I ran over there and told him to put the dam tires back, please, lol.

Also while I was sitting outside on a bench just passing the time by, parked in front of me was some kind of quasi/modded Petty edition Mustang convertible, the whole thing seemed a little goofy and really expensive but whatever.

TC

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Just ordered an CP-E Exhale HKS bov for my Ecoboost mustang. Pricy, but whatever. It will be worth it! Ships tomorrow, will arrive in a week.

Sponsored

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Took the car to the dealer to get the oil changed, it was an hour before the car even went on the lift and this was a scheduled appointment.

Told the guy like 6 times to not rotate tires because I had that done at the tire shop the day before, I look over at the bay and of course the guy is rotating the tires, I ran over there and told him to put the dam tires back, please, lol.

Also while I was sitting outside on a bench just passing the time by, parked in front of me was some kind of quasi/modded Petty edition Mustang convertible, the whole thing seemed a little goofy and really expensive but whatever.

TC
You mean something like this?

upload_2019-8-1_13-25-52.jpeg

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You mean something like this?

upload_2019-8-1_13-25-52.jpeg
No, it was dark navy blue 5.0 mustang with after market wheels, padded roll cage, walnut veneer dash, 2 different stub antennas, rear wing and Petty badging on the back. Didnt even really look like a Mustang, just looked kinda goofy.

I would have taken a picture but it was underneath the awning and in dark shadows.

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced the embarrassingly dirty paper filter with the Airaid blue model. We'll see how the butt dyno rates it tomorrow

IMG_20190801_173634.jpg
IMG_20190801_173953.jpg
Sponsored