Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
My Steeda sub frame braces arrived and I decided to give them a few coats of dark blue. I just didnt like the grey color that they came with. I will let it cure a day or two then hit them with a few coats of professional grade clear.
20190430_162336.jpg
20190430_182004.jpg
20190430_181600.jpg

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
My Steeda sub frame braces arrived and I decided to give them a few coats of dark blue...
Nice!!

How easy (or difficult) of a job is that for someone that hasn't painted before? It's under the car, so it doesn't have to come out super good, but if i'm going to do something, I might as well do it right.
Actually, can you create a simple dyi/how-to? What are the things to do, what paint to get, how to spray it, anything to cover up/protect? how long to let it cure? What is the purpose of the clear (coat?) you're putting after the paint dries? I'm sure these are basic Qs, but I have not done it before and I wanted to do so once I get them (and other Steeda goodies).
Thanks!

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!!

How easy (or difficult) of a job is that for someone that hasn't painted before? It's under the car, so it doesn't have to come out super good, but if i'm going to do something, I might as well do it right.
Actually, can you create a simple dyi/how-to? What are the things to do, what paint to get, how to spray it, anything to cover up/protect? how long to let it cure? What is the purpose of the clear (coat?) you're putting after the paint dries? I'm sure these are basic Qs, but I have not done it before and I wanted to do so once I get them (and other Steeda goodies).
Thanks!
Good idea. The next time I do something like this I will do that. But sense I have almost completed this one I will just I.M. you the steps and some direction.

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
You need to loosen all 4 subframe bolts and shift the subframe till it sits flush. I had that happen before its because your subframe is a little out of alignment.
Yessir you’re right. I took it to be aligned yesterday and the mechanic there pointed out how off the car was. He aligned it and then in a couple days I’m going to put the CB762 kit along with the lower control arm bearings on and make sure it’s all aligned and straight. I’m hopeful that allows the front brace on the 005 kit to settle down flush as it should be.

Im amazed at how much better the car feels on the springs and with the lockout and vertical links on there.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
yeah the g2 stuff comes out like a pastel blue. nothing like in the pic. the metalcast stuff i picked up from the local auto parts store (pep-boys). you just have to spray it really lightly. its a thin paint and will run.

screen-shot-2018-01-18-at-4-48-41-pm.png
Forgot to ask ya - how many cans of the duplicolor did you use?

m0.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ulixes
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT PP2
Good idea. The next time I do something like this I will do that. But sense I have almost completed this one I will just I.M. you the steps and some direction.
Thanks! I'm in no particular hurry, I'm still waiting for a good Steeda sale before ordering that and a few other things from them

Stealthfall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Installed a Ford Racing Ecoboost Sport Axleback.
WP_20190430_18_55_24_Pro.jpg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Dubya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Not done painting yet and still not sure if I wanna install it. I like abs don't like it. Lol
20190430_183221.jpg
20190430_182901.jpg
20190430_182910.jpg

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Steeda clutch spring last night... can't wait to check it out today
And I ordered the UPR catch can for my 2017 GT

Stealthfall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
How’s she sound? Loud lol?
Definitely louder than stock. Maybe a little louder than I would like as I don't want too much attention draw - the paint does that already.
Very reasonable cabin volume at cruising rpms although I do have the FRPP calibration so I don't have a symposer which to affect volume and sound.
It gives the car a Deeper exhaust note with some cracks on pops on decel.

So far I am very happy with it.
Sponsored