Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Got a spare tire kit a few weeks ago,
2v2Jy3rSWx1Ybjq.jpg

Then today I swapped in the track pads, tires, and flushed the brake fluid, in preparation to go to VIR for a weekend HPDE
I've got to get me a set of those wheels for some skinnies up front.
Sponsored

17again

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
Took car in to get dent removed, ate lunch and they were done! Amazing what a good PDR shop can do for under $150 and piece of mind for us with OCD.

Before
20180907_dentbefore.jpg

After
20180907_nodent.jpg

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I've got it and haven't bothered to install as i haven't noticed much issue really. But then again i've never found i've been able to get seating the pony 100%.

Is it really THAT good?
Like I stated in my post, I'm a shorter person, so it works out killer!!!

LantanaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
Installed the MBRP Street cat-back exhaust on my 2017 GT today. Very impressed with the sound and quality at the $550 pricepoint for the 409 SS variant.

A neighbor in my community graciously offered up the use of his dad's lift at their family garage, made the job a 30 minute deal with the two of us.

Between the GT350 steering wheel and the exhaust, the mod bug has been caught....

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Cut my mufflers off my mbrp race catback today, thanking @HISSMAN for the push i needed. Sounds a lot meaner...

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
You can see the job I started, in the picture. Close inspection will reveal the effects of my deteriorating crafts skills: a wrinkle or two, a gap here and there, but what I'm up to must be clear.

One of the few things that has bothered me about each of my Mustangs was the designers' lack of consideration for drivers who live in sunny climes. Doesn't anyone ever drive these things in the real world before going to production? The sun comes in through the windscreen, hits the various silver or chrome bits spread around in the dashboard area and—in the newest one—a chrome door-closer grip. The sharp, blinding shock of reflected light is not only uncomfortable, but dangerous.

One effective solution that worked on my 2008 convertible was to snap off the silver plastic steering wheel spoke covers and paint them satin black. I'd have done the same thing to the 2014 convertible, but the silver things on the steering wheel were aluminum parts that required removing the whole assembly to get them isolated for painting. Same on the new one.

This one is relatively simple: put dark vinyl on the offending parts. This stuff is intended to cover some box or wall or another item you'd like to use as a blackboard. The roll of sticky-back vinyl comes with several pieces of chalk. The surface is not reflective, and comes very close to matching the texture of the leather wrap on the wheel and the pattern in the horn button.

43632787255_392c3e41ae_c.jpg

I reckon that with experience and another effort or two, I'll overcome the problems and produce a piece of work to be proud of, or at least tolerate. I have learned: To clean the receiving surface, especially near the transitions; the material will stretch a bit to accommodate some curvature, but it wants to resume its flatnrss; it's important to use a very sharp instrument to trim the edges; my x-acto knife is good, but not good enough, a new razor blade might be more difficult to manipulate, but should do a better job; there is one horizontal surface in the bottom spoke that will also require masking.

Some days later, adding the second step. And one more thing I learned: The "chalkboard" material has a grain, meaning that if you apply a patch, under some coditions it will be more obvious

44625429881_fd71e9dd3b_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: car

EvilleGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You can see the job I started, in the picture. Close inspection will reveal the effects of my deteriorating crafts skills: a wrinkle or two, a gap here and there, but what I'm up to must be clear.
The GT350R wheel comes with darker trim pieces and I haven't had any issues with the sun reflecting off of them so far. It might be something to look into and it's super easy to swap them out. The 350R wheel comes disassembled and it took me all of 15 minutes to swap over all of the buttons and trim. not too pricey either if this is the right part. https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...T9c_AjkpeLHmaisOBNeGAlIr7OExDo98aAvtGEALw_wcB

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

One of the few things that has bothered me about each of my Mustangs was the designers' lack of consideration for drivers who live in sunny climes. Doesn't anyone ever drive these things in the real world before going to production? The sun comes in through the windscreen, hits the various silver or chrome bits spread around in the dashboard area and—in the newest one—a chrome door-closer grip. The sharp, blinding shock of reflected light is not only uncomfortable, but dangerous.

One effective solution that worked on my 2008 convertible was to snap off the silver plastic steering wheel spoke covers and paint them satin black. I'd have done the same thing to the 2014 convertible, but the silver things on the steering wheel were aluminum parts that required removing the whole assembly to get them isolated for painting. Same on the new one.

This one is relatively simple: put dark vinyl on the offending parts. This stuff is intended to cover some box or wall or another item you'd like to use as a blackboard. The roll of sticky-back vinyl comes with several pieces of chalk. The surface is not reflective, and comes very close to matching the texture of the leather wrap on the wheel and the pattern in the horn button.

I reckon that with experience and another effort or two, I'll overcome the problems and produce a piece of work to be proud of, or at least tolerate. I have learned: To clean the receiving surface, especially near the transitions; the material will stretch a bit to accommodate some curvature, but it wants to resume its flatnrss; it's important to use a very sharp instrument to trim the edges; my x-acto knife is good, but not good enough, a new razor blade might be more difficult to manipulate, but should do a better job; there is one horizontal surface in the bottom spoke that will also require masking.

Someone who has too much time on their hands^^. I would just buy replacement pieces.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Someone who has too much time on their hands^^. I would just buy replacement pieces.
Thank you for yoour very astute observation and contribution to the group.

Sponsored

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
Dropped it off at Ford to have my rear driveline clunk diagnosed before I install my headers. Turns out my driveshaft was faulty and it's a common issue. New driveshaft is booked to go in on the 18th and headers on the 20th all covered under warranty.
Any subframe or differential parts? Mine is clunking super bad since putting cradle lockout kit on. Pretty sure the driveline is super loose now that its straightened out causing it to clunk.

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase

Not sure if you are using any when applying, but heat is your friend when dealing with any type of vinyl. You don’t need a fancy heat gun just a hair dryer will do, but it will help with the curves, wrinkles and when tucking back those pesky edges that may keep fraying up.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Installed the MBRP Street cat-back exhaust on my 2017 GT today. Very impressed with the sound and quality at the $550 pricepoint for the 409 SS variant.

A neighbor in my community graciously offered up the use of his dad's lift at their family garage, made the job a 30 minute deal with the two of us.

Between the GT350 steering wheel and the exhaust, the mod bug has been caught....

Nice. Do you think they’re to loud and where did you get those for $550 ? I’ve been debating on getting them for my ride.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Cut my mufflers off my mbrp race catback today, thanking @HISSMAN for the push i needed. Sounds a lot meaner...
Welcome to the loud and proud club! I'm loving it.
Sponsored