Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Washed it cos the weather was great. (Washed my partner's Trooper too ... not as sore as I thought I'd be today - those damn mitts get heavy!) I also have ab out a car payment's worth of detailing stuff on the way, so next weekend I can do it all over again and apply a sealant.

Also found my first tiny little chip. :-(

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB Premium+ Lightning Blue 6spd Pony
Took mine out for the first time to run an errand, noticed my first bird dropping :( & rained about 1/2 way out. Brought it home, rinsed it off, blew it dry with a leaf blower (wanna research best product to use for washing before I wash it for the first time), took off the front plate bracket, and ordered a pair of bumper plugs.

I already spent part of the first evening programming stuff on the Sync3 and programmed the garage door opener, all while listening to the stereo. Felt like I was 16 again (heh - if I'd been making LOTS more money at 16, that is...)

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Post some pics!

I already spent part of the first evening programming stuff on the Sync3 and programmed the garage door opener, all while listening to the stereo. Felt like I was 16 again (heh - if I'd been making LOTS more money at 16, that is...)[/QUOTE]

Loved the part about feeling 16 again:thumbsup:
Every time I drive mine it makes me feel at least 10yrs younger. I grin like an idiot to at anyone I catch staring at her:lol:

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
(wanna research best product to use for washing before I wash it for the first time)
I did that this week. So much stuff on the way.

took off the front plate bracket, and ordered a pair of bumper plugs.
That reminds me of something I noticed the first time I washed it. Looks like the holes for the plate bracket are predrilled, then painted over. There are 2 little dimples in my front bumper. Weird. But I guess that's one way to make sure that the prep guys get the bracket on center and straight. :shrug:

Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Thank you! I got the red trims from eBay lol. Got it for about $23 from what I can remember and searched for the following terms "Ford Mustang 2015 Air Vent Trim Aluminum". Just did a search saw silver, blue, and purple available.
I've seen the red pcs. on amazon not sure of the price.Where did you get the carbon fiber AC rings?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
That reminds me of something I noticed the first time I washed it. Looks like the holes for the plate bracket are predrilled, then painted over. There are 2 little dimples in my front bumper. Weird. But I guess that's one way to make sure that the prep guys get the bracket on center and straight. :shrug:
It's just dimples formed in the mold to show where to drill. Many cars do that to help so the holes aren't misaligned.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Those are from S550 Carbon / Carbon Cartel / Carbon Plug. I think he is still (maybe not anymore) a sponsor on here and the guy's name is Dan? Link is here: https://carbonplug.com/s550carbon/carbon-fiber-air-vent-faces
Looks good. I was looking at the price... at first: "Not bad"

Then looked down, and realized that price of $130 was for one. Ooof. I'll pass. They look great though. :thumbsup:

I still want the full replacement carbon dash panel. I was hoping that with it being an option on the 18s that maybe you'd see an official ford piece for sale (for a reasonable price ...lol), but that hasn't been the case afaik.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Well yesterday, I took the car auto-xing and tested out the new suspension. I experimented with dampener settings but need more seat time to really get it sorted out.

[ame]
IMG_4060.jpg
IMG_4062.jpg

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Quick little wipe down before taking a little drive.

Did I tell ya'll how much I love this car just in its stock form. I'm still having a hard time deciding what I even need to change right now. I am even content with the drop. The car is so well behaved I don't want to sacrifice any of the feeling.
IMG_20180512_141908_733.jpg