Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
started working on a custom mount for the ngauge to fit in the center vent. had to go to bed as i work nights so its a work in progress.

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
started working on a custom mount for the ngauge to fit in the center vent. had to go to bed as i work nights so its a work in progress.
Don't they sell those?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Don't they sell those?
yeah but they are like $30 for a small peice of basically plastic i figured i could do my own for super cheap and get the angle to my liking vs having to settle but we will see how it turns out.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE

Sponsored

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
There was no way I was going to pass up staying in a place that declared no refunds if the cops haul you off. Plus my car doesn't have running water or toilet
[MENTION=20679]HoosierDaddy[/MENTION],

You are braver than I sir!

Bottled water works fine and some better quality TP and a tree in the bush solves the other issue. I would have rather slept in a jail cell than that motel! No wonder you left at 2AM!!!

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
FWIW I think sealant normally goes on before the wax.
I've actually seen people do it both ways. I'm sure there's a difference in how it performs but for this time around...the seal went on last.

Car looks amazing!! I took pics but with my S3 potato-cam they don't do it justice.

Thanks

-Emt1581

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Over the last full day and a half, I ran my sound system power and ground wires.

Two 1/0 Power and two 1/0 Ground. Trying to fit these through the car would be impossilbe, running them under the car was slightly less impossible. Took the full 1.5 days.

Ran the wiring through the wheel wells and under the car. Used friction tape around the wires going through bends or against metal. Used hard ENT conduit for the runs under the car, and wire loom in other spots. Secured everything with a series of bolted in cable hold downs, plastic zip ties and metal zip ties. If the plastic ties break or the metal ones rust out, one way or another it should still be secure... Lol. Everything will of course be fused as well.

At no point is the wire the lowest point on the car. The frame rail or jacking rail is the lowest point, so it should be nice and safe. However I am still going to drive around with it disconnected for a bit and recheck before i hook it up to power. More pics in my build log for those interested :D

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
What are you powering with cables that huge?

Weasel1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Not sure that's how I would have run those cables........