Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I’m glad you had a good experience with them.

They tried to scam me on the shipping of a $70 part on Facebook. I bought a rear decklid and they deferred me to a 3rd party shipping agent. I was told that there was a $100 refundable “insurance” fee and that I’d receive an email from their shipping party. However the email stated that all transactions were non-refundable. I responded to the email and the person from Midway Mustangs answered lol. Clearly not a 3rd party. I asked for a refund of my part and they refused.

Told them to keep the $70 and will never do business with them again.

IMG_7441.png
Hey Todd. Are you sure it was actually them? I know they have had a lot of accounts on Facebook and IG pretend to be them. I bought two auto brake reservoirs from them at two different times without issue.

I was inquiring about a rear bumper and I think I do remember them mentioning a 3rd party shipper because I asked if I would save a few dollars shipping to a business.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Busy weekend. Somewhat finished of MCS install. Since I was in there, I put in SPL rear camber arms. The driver side took 1.5 hours while the passenger took 10 min lol. Added MMR rear bar relocation bracket

IMG_5014.jpeg
IMG_5015.jpeg
IMG_9637.jpeg
IMG_9645.jpeg
IMG_9649.jpeg
IMG_9651.jpeg

Sponsored

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey Todd. Are you sure it was actually them? I know they have had a lot of accounts on Facebook and IG pretend to be them. I bought two auto brake reservoirs from them at two different times without issue.

I was inquiring about a rear bumper and I think I do remember them mentioning a 3rd party shipper because I asked if I would save a few dollars shipping to a business.
I don’t trust most FB/IG accounts that sell stuff (yes I know there’s legit seller there). I would just go through their eBay store front, that way you have PayPal and eBay protection.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I don’t trust most FB/IG accounts that sell stuff (yes I know there’s legit seller there). I would just go through their eBay store front, that way you have PayPal and eBay protection.
Agreed. With them being one of the biggest “junk yards” for the platform, I have seen them get hacked or impersonated too many times to contact via social media. I have just gone through the website. eBay is a great option also.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

I think @Biggsy might have a point.

If that's their actual account, it currently got a lot more followers pretty fast. Also I don't think they use WhatsApp do they?

1708870955406.png

https://www.facebook.com/MidwayMustangparts
Agreed. With them being one of the biggest “junk yards” for the platform, I have seen them get hacked or impersonated too many times to contact via social media. I have just gone through the website. eBay is a great option also.
Yeah it may have been an illegitimate account. It’s odd because I see this account sponsor a lot of other mustang based pages and I figured they’d be reputable. Who knows.

I guess the lesson here is don’t buy off FB lol.

Side note: Great progress on the car, @Biggsy !

Thanks all.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah it may have been an illegitimate account. It’s odd because I see this account sponsor a lot of other mustang based pages and I figured they’d be reputable. Who knows.

I guess the lesson here is don’t buy off FB lol.

Thanks all.
There are so many Mustang Parts pages out there now it’s so hard to tell which ones are legit. And they make page names that are almost identical to the real businesses so it’s hard to tell them apart. I get follow requests from at least a dozen different parts pages on Instagram every week.

For Midway, eBay and their website are your best bets.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
After work Friday , simple after axel change on the exhaust. Made a huge difference in tone . Today simple clean up on the front end , behind the bumber.
20240225_085456.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I went to see an old friend who’s got a few machines in his garage, so I could start work on the broken diff cover.

On the table, oil return port was first :

1708905375673.jpeg

Then the broken bolt was machined out from the back, the drill wouldn’t budge it, and it still clung in there until the last four threads, even hitting it with a four flute end mill :

1708905526356.jpeg

Shame on Ford for loading that bolt in shear on the minor diameter (if the joint is loose / loses clamping force) :frown:

Then the ears got taken out to M16 clearance, faced up (0.5mm) to clean up the scuffed face, and then counterbored on the back (25.4mm) to accept the M16 cap head (24.0mm).

All done :

1708905767145.jpeg

1708905798138.jpeg

The counterbores :

1708905839705.jpeg

1708905882653.jpeg

Same guy made me new stainless spacers for the Steeda diff bush inserts, with the rears sized up to suit the M16 conversion :

1708905948669.jpeg

And finally, the two steel pieces for the toe link bush removal / installation tool :

1708906015260.jpeg

1708906038328.jpeg

1708906063780.jpeg

We finished at 1:00pm, in an unheated garage, that was only a few degrees above freezing … 🥶 Yes, I still had my shorts on (but not my crocs) … :giggle:

WD :like:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Took a few minutes from work to drive and pick up my daughter from school. Only about 30 degrees above normal. Supposed to be just as warm tomorrow with thunderstorms rolling in late in the day. Then 30F on Wednesday. Supposed to be back near 70F by the weekend. Welcome to late winter/early spring in Chicago!

IMG_2723.jpeg
Sponsored