Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Thank you sir. The 3 D printed one is 6”L x 1.35”H. It can really be any dimension though because 3D print.

I also have some metal samples coming in as well as a CNC’ed aluminum part that’s gonna get cut next week.

I suspect all 3 options will look good because I have a gnarly case of OCD but the point is to test all 3 in a range of different parameters to get the best product.

One thing about size is that the bigger you go, the less it fits aesthetically on the s550.1 decklid.

A special thank you to fellow member @DonnieO for his help in this endeavour
You're welcome. I hope they help you out!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Finished cleaning her up, gave her a drink and then a hard ride.

IMG_7395.JPG

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
That looks good/different. I see that they are made in either 7x2 inch or 4.5x 1.5 inch size. Is yours the 7x2?
It's the 7x2. It's a bit bigger than the stock GT badge, but I think it's pretty cool.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
It's the 7x2. It's a bit bigger than the stock GT badge, but I think it's pretty cool.
Great. Thanks Andrew. This gives me some perspective for when I change my badge.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I swapped out the FP front tow hook for the GT and installed the GT350 front tow hook. I didn't like how the GT tow hook looked in the lower grille. I am completely finished with the install but I am happy with how it looks. Ill move the GT tow hook to the rear to replace the Vorshlag tow hook I have. Excuse the dusty car. It hasn't moved in over a month and wont move for another 2 lol.

BEFORE
FA8688F6-ED80-4F5E-AF43-49B73292CB8B.JPG

AFTER
IMG_4592.JPG
IMG_4591.JPG
IMG_4590.JPG

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I swapped out the FP front tow hook for the GT and installed the GT350 front tow hook. I didn't like how the GT tow hook looked in the lower grille. I am completely finished with the install but I am happy with how it looks. Ill move the GT tow hook to the rear to replace the Vorshlag tow hook I have. Excuse the dusty car. It hasn't moved in over a month and wont move for another 2 lol.

BEFORE
FA8688F6-ED80-4F5E-AF43-49B73292CB8B.JPG

AFTER
IMG_4592.JPG
IMG_4591.JPG
IMG_4590.JPG
I assume with your car usage and mods, that you take the front bumper cover off reasonably frequently ?

If so, I have some questions that you might be able to help with the next time it’s off - the simplest being the diameter of the wiring loom that clips to the back of the crash bar (I need to buy some P clips for it).

Please could you be so kind as to PM me the next time it’s off (if you are willing to help) ? :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I assume with your car usage and mods, that you take the front bumper cover off reasonably frequently ?

If so, I have some questions that you might be able to help with the next time it’s off - the simplest being the diameter of the wiring loom that clips to the back of the crash bar (I need to buy some P clips for it).

Please could you be so kind as to PM me the next time it’s off (if you are willing to help) ? :like:

Cheers,

WD :like:
yup. It will be coming off tomorrow or later this week to replace hardware and recoat the tow hook. I will be sure to get that measurement for you.

Last edited:

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Was an idiot and drove in the rain with nearly bald rear tires yesterday. I hit some standing water and took a nice spin across 3 lanes of traffic. Luckily, I missed all vehicles and guard rails, ending up stopped facing into traffic. Drove the rest of the way home like a grandma. That's the only F-up I'll allow myself this year. Don't be like me...

I've driven in all kinds of weather conditions and have never had something catch me by surprise like that. Once the rear came out, I was just along for the ride. New tires on order and scheduled for install Friday.

On a lighter note, I got the Ford Performance shocks and struts for Christmas, and just ordered BMR handling springs for the front (currently have Performance fronts and Drag rears). Install and fresh alignment are forthcoming (I was putting off the tire replacement until I could do it all at once).

Be safe out there folks; hug your loved ones, and let's have an awesome 2024!

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Finished cleaning her up, gave her a drink and then a hard ride.

IMG_7395.JPG
Where is the carbon fiber performance pack front lip from? Having a hard time finding a company that makes one.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Walked passed it wishing there wasn’t snow on the ground 😢

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Took the long way home from work to get the battery topped off and have some fun before the snow hits. Man the car is an animal now that I've addressed everything. It sounds incredible too, especially inside the car with the windows up (which to me is the most difficult thing to get just right). About to be 4 years with this car in March and I'm still as thrilled with it as the day I picked it up. Just never gets old. Still find myself shifting at 6K because it sounds like there couldn't' possibly be more in it :cwl:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT