Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
A friend of mine who lives in the building called in a favor from a buddy of his so I’m getting the windshield replaced tonight with a Ford OEM for basically cost plus a little bit of cash to him for some labor. Works out great. No sense in wasting paying the deductible when it’s basically the same.
I’m thankful we have zero deductible on glass…I just replaced mine with an OEM one only because the original one was badly pitted.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought some OEM hood vents off Ebay a couple weeks ago and had them painted black so today I finally got around to putting them on. :sunglasses:

IMG_6440.jpg
Looks great ! :sunglasses:

Did you manage to remove the grills before painting ?

WD :like:

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Looks great ! :sunglasses:

Did you manage to remove the grills before painting ?

YES…after looking at them they came apart quite easily but the actual grill part stayed and he masked it off.. They snapped right back together 😎

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
YES…after looking at them they came apart quite easily but the actual grill part stayed and he masked it off.. They snapped right back together 😎
Just to be clear, when you say they came apart easily but the grill got masked off - so you didn't find a way to get the grill out ? :frown:

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Just to be clear, when you say they came apart easily but the grill got masked off - so you didn't find a way to get the grill out ? :frown:

Correct…I should’ve taken a few pics prior to installing them….actually now that I think about it, he probably didn’t even have to separate them…my painter wasn’t too confident trying to remove the grill part without breaking them so he just masked the grill…I’m happy and he didn’t want to charge me too…I threw him $50 anyways 😎

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Correct…I should’ve taken a few pics prior to installing them….actually now that I think about it, he probably didn’t even have to separate them…my painter wasn’t too confident trying to remove the grill part without breaking them so he just masked the grill…I’m happy and he didn’t want to charge me too…I threw him $50 anyways 😎
Yeah, I'm still looking for someone who knows how / has experience of stripping the grill out without being partially destructive and them requiring some form of bonding to get them back together again :frown:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Dropped her off this morning to get some suspension upgrades done. Got the Ford Performance Track shocks/struts and BMR SP083 springs, camber bolts, and CB005 kit installed followed by an alignment.

Unfortunately my mom was calling as I was picking it up and I wasn't able to notice that the brake dust shield was rubbing on the driver rotor until 20 minutes into my drive home and at that point the shop was closed. I've got it cooling off now and will try to just push that back later today.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
So this morning after I had the windshield replaced last night which worked out great. I found this piece in my change spot underneath the NAV. I have no idea what it is but the installer obviously did something and left it in there. I don’t think it’s gonna be causing any problems but I just thought I’d throw this out there to see if anybody knows what it is.
IMG_1840.jpeg
IMG_1839.jpeg
IMG_1838.jpeg

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
So this morning after I had the windshield replaced last night which worked out great. I found this piece in my change spot underneath the NAV. I have no idea what it is but the installer obviously did something and left it in there. I don’t think it’s gonna be causing any problems but I just thought I’d throw this out there to see if anybody knows what it is.
IMG_1840.jpeg
IMG_1839.jpeg
IMG_1838.jpeg
That's the cover below the rear view mirror

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhhh… that would’ve been the last thing he put back on the windshield when he was done. We were chatting at the end when I came back down and he must’ve forgot. Looks like it might slip right back in. I’ll take a look in the morning. Thanks for the quick response.

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Dropped her off this morning to get some suspension upgrades done. Got the Ford Performance Track shocks/struts and BMR SP083 springs, camber bolts, and CB005 kit installed followed by an alignment.

Unfortunately my mom was calling as I was picking it up and I wasn't able to notice that the brake dust shield was rubbing on the driver rotor until 20 minutes into my drive home and at that point the shop was closed. I've got it cooling off now and will try to just push that back later today.
How to you like this change? Are your car a daily?

I am in the fence to make this. Thanks in advance.

SilverSurfer410

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
Installed my Watson Racing rear seat delete. I’ll be doing a Watson Racing roll bar later so this works with it perfectly… very happy with the end result.
IMG_2527.jpeg
IMG_2528.jpeg
IMG_2532.jpeg
So I gotta ask, how did you avoid the airbag lights wit the Sparco seats?