Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Removed the center speaker (I couldn't pull the plug the way it was installed without removing it, so I didn't see any point in putting it back in). Sounds much nicer now.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Removed the center speaker (I couldn't pull the plug the way it was installed without removing it, so I didn't see any point in putting it back in). Sounds much nicer now.
Sorry to be so dumb but I don’t understand how removing a speaker improves the soun?

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Many people tend to think the center speaker in the system is low quality and makes the sound worst.

Sorry to be so dumb but I don’t understand how removing a speaker improves the soun?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Added 10 whp to the garage access door :giggle:

1681675223091.jpeg

And another 2 whp for adding this to the frame :

1681675293332.jpeg

Not bad for less than ÂŁ5 (approx $6) for two delivered from China :

1681675447219.jpeg

OK I’m not projecting onto the best surface, but at least I can see where I am stepping when I come out of the garage at night until the security lights come on lol

The image is actually pretty good :

1681675740316.jpeg

WD :like:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Many people tend to think the center speaker in the system is low quality and makes the sound worst.
What he said. The stereo separation is much better without it. For the life of me, I don't understand why they don't give a means to drop the center level on the balance/fader settings page.

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Spent a few hours in the garage with my son and got the Steeda shifter bracket and H-pipe installed. Having the resonator removed made access to the shifter bracket so easy. Glad I decided to do both at the same time. H-pipe got the sound right where I wanted it.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Spent a few hours in the garage with my son and got the Steeda shifter bracket and H-pipe installed. Having the resonator removed made access to the shifter bracket so easy. Glad I decided to do both at the same time. H-pipe got the sound right where I wanted it.
Keep an eye on the Active Exhaust wiring harness where it plugs into the actuators. They have a tendency to short out against the body of the car (pinch weld) after exhaust mods.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Added 10 whp to the garage access door :giggle:

1681675223091.jpeg

And another 2 whp for adding this to the frame :

1681675293332.jpeg

Not bad for less than ÂŁ5 (approx $6) for two delivered from China :

1681675447219.jpeg

OK I’m not projecting onto the best surface, but at least I can see where I am stepping when I come out of the garage at night until the security lights come on lol

The image is actually pretty good :

1681675740316.jpeg

WD :like:
Will those project onto the front of a garage door from a distance like the Bat Signal?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Saturday and Sunday. Drove it to and from a 2 day NRA CCW class.

Saturday was 12 hour classroom with about 2 hours of homework.

Sunday was 8 hours at an outdoor range. Definitely wish we did this in cooler weather. Was 91 in the shade with a lot of drawing and firing from under a coat. Of course, the under a coat drills were last when hottest. It never occurred to me they would use an outdoor range, but no indoor range would rent out their facility or allow any draw. This range was in the boonies half way to California and would rent one section to the instructor. And a SINGLE miss would fail you and force you to redo the entire day. I can only guess innocent bystanders have a strong lobby.

Incredible instructor. But was ex Army Ranger and retired LEO. We got along fine except when he ordered me to move my car closer to the range entrance. I should have just done it. But I said I liked the walk. He countered with that's too much effort to carry everything in and out. I stupidly told him we wouldn't ask him to do that. When I came to, I moved the car.

Then another student who happened to also be an instructor but needed attending a recognized CCW class on his CV to get a higher rating arrived and parked as far as I had. I knew not to point that out.

Was rough on my wife's hand to fire hundreds of rounds from an 11 oz gun in a session. She ended up with blisters in the web of her strong hand.

I was grateful the instructor allowed us to share a gun, and allow us to use our silver snap caps. Apparently, the class guidelines require bright colored snap caps. But he allowed us to use the weighted silver ones we already had that had large holes completely thru the cases. I admit the colors are much more easily identified.

Since part of the first day covered types of holsters, we did not want to waste money guessing what we would end up with so bought a throw-away pair for $12 on Amazon just for the class. But they enclosed way too much of the small grip and literally made it impossible to draw with the exact hand position taught. Was worried we would lose too many points in qualifying but came out okay.

Instructor wasn't used to having revolver shooters in the class. Apparently in the years he taught this class, we were the first. My favorite part was the other student who was also an instructor kept asking us questions about ours. I got the sense he was going to suggest his wife (also retired military) carry a J-frame but in .32 special to get an extra round. For my wife and I, the VERY much lighter Scandium frame only in .357 mag was more important than an extra round.

Our life styles don't expose us to as much risks as most people. We are more likely to be struck by lightning that to need more than 5 rounds. Smaller, lighter, more concealable, firable from inside a purse make a Scandium J our best choice. This is Arizona, I will probably be carrying in a pocket holster much of the time.

The range had one of its employees there and when someone painted the instructor for about a second from the parking lot I notified him that it probably came from someone in a blue pickup truck that had arrived just before and left right after. The range employee said not to worry, probably just someone checking out their equipment. Was it someone he knew and liked? Not cool. I almost hit the deck when it happened. WTF?

After the class the instructor took me aside and asked what I did before I retired. After I told him, he said that was his wife's guess. LoL

Last edited:

Jshime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Let's hear it!
I’m planning on make a video so people can hear this exhaust setup. I found very few online when I was searching. The ones I did find weren’t very good so I want to do a quality one and not just set my phone on the garage floor like a lot of people do.
Sponsored