Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I installed a Kicker Q Class L7 8". This is the first subwoofer enclosure I've ever designed by myself.

IMG_20221015_172621~2.jpg
What is the tune frequency of that box?
Sponsored

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Aftermarket turns on with the flip of a toggle switch(instant on), OEM is a combination of using the dash menu, pushing/holding buttons and holding break pedal. The OEM is also glitchy, we made 51 passes last summer and about 15x they faulted outā€¦which ruins the run. So IMO, for a dedicated drag car they suckā€¦.if your just using them as a novelty, theyā€™re fine.
Makes sense, thanks for explaining. Good luck with your season-

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a Barton 2 post shifter bracket. Sooooooo much more solid now. The way it should be.
IMG_9455.jpeg
IMG_9459.jpeg
Is this alone worth doing for the stock shifter? Or would getting a short throw be more worth it?

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
THAT is a very nice sub box!

Fan of Kicker subs myself, have had plenty in years past.

My 94 Cobra has a stealth system I put into itā€¦ Canā€™t tell there is a system at all when looking into the interior. It has an old school Kicker 10ā€ Round Solo Baric sub, and itā€™s required box dimensions were only about as big as the woofer - itā€™s like a 12x12 box or soā€¦. It hits HARD and still sounds greatā€¦. not bad for a sub that was installed over 18 years agoā€¦

Those Solo Baric subs were so great, I bought (2) back in the day. The other is still brand new in its boxā€¦ and boy who would have thought they would command some $$$ today.

I had original JL Audio subs years ago, but to me, they just donā€™t hit as nice as the Kickers do. Not that JL is inferior components, just personal preference.

Stealth =
Nakamichi CD400
Kicker 10ā€ SB
PPI 5440 w/custom mount w/ integrated cooling fan that draws heat out of the amp.
MB Quart 3-way components up front
MB Quart 2-way in rear deck
All wiring is Monster Cable and Street Wires.

I had an Alpine 7949 that was in my prior 1995 BMW M3, which I kick myself for ever getting rid of that head unit years agoā€¦ today, youā€™re lucky if you can touch one of those under $600ā€¦ those in excellent to new condition theyā€™re pushing $1k today.

Tell your Dad, great job with helping out on your system - he probably knows the above old school equipment too. :)
Boy I miss those days when you could do whatever you wanted to the stereo. Iā€™ve always had killer stereos and subs in all my cars up until this 2019 Mustang. Iā€™m not even gonna mess with it because thereā€™s too much going on.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Boy I miss those days when you could do whatever you wanted to the stereo. Iā€™ve always had killer stereos and subs in all my cars up until this 2019 Mustang. Iā€™m not even gonna mess with it because thereā€™s too much going on.
Same here, everything used to be so much easier to swap/upgrade/add.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, everything used to be so much easier to swap/upgrade/add.
What I donā€™t get either is they basically have ignored the rear deck of the car. All of my power was coming from the rear deck and the subs in the back. Everything is upfront by the driver now and I just donā€™t understand.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Not today, but recently towed the race car to Willow Springs Raceway for a weekend of fun. Saw some cool $#*t and the tow was smooth the whole way. I want to go back asap. Footage will upload to YouTube soon.

IMG_4563.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

At the track
Willow-Springs-4-8-23-LR-43x.jpg

Willow-Springs-4-8-23-LR-126x.jpg

Willow-Springs-4-8-23-LR-150x.jpg

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thereā€™s definitely a lot going on with the B&O stereo, but there are a few ways to get around it and create a sound stage thatā€™s pleasing to your ears. It might cost a bit though.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Had to get the water pump replaced. 2019 w/51k miles. Luckily I caught it when it was weeping. Tech had to do a pressure test to prove it out. Back on the road again! šŸ™ƒ

Motegi 2a.jpg

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Installed the Renegade Tailights. Removed the plastic covers from my stock ones; am going to clean then up and store them in case I need 'em down the road. This should stop the "Hey, next time I see your car you shouldn't have those covers on your lights. Too dark" comments from law enforcement.

First picture = Car turned off and outside (duh)
Second picture = just the driving lights running. (Brake lighting is even brighter)
Third picture is what they look like in my garage with some ambient light coming in

1681675634866.png

1681675648755.png

1681675693542.png

Last edited:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Is this alone worth doing for the stock shifter? Or would getting a short throw be more worth it?
Well I like a long throw which is why I didnā€™t get the short throw shifter with it. Yes itā€™s worth it if you want a solid feel when shifting.

If you only get a short throw, youā€™d still end up with a wobbly shifter.
Sponsored