Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
So MAF is installed but I think you could still fire up the car with the MAF disconnected it would just run funny. It only goes in one way to the pipe as well.

What is TPS?

Vacuum leak, where do I look for this. The pipe going from the BOV to the throttle body? Everything looks to be attached.
TPS = Throttle Position Sensor, afaik
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
TPS = Throttle Position Sensor, afaik
Bingo. Should be hooked to the throttle body. Upon first power up, turn on the ignition but don't start it. Let the computer look at where everything is and then it will learn where the throttle is at before starting. If it fires up, let it do its thing before manipulating the throttle.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Fitted some Eibach camber bolts and took half a degree off the fronts as it was ripping tyres. Proper alignment as soon as I can, new Contis on Tuesday

4E75B0C4-31C6-4820-9611-1F55175A156E.jpeg

Last edited:

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
So MAF is installed but I think you could still fire up the car with the MAF disconnected it would just run funny. It only goes in one way to the pipe as well.

What is TPS?

Vacuum leak, where do I look for this. The pipe going from the BOV to the throttle body? Everything looks to be attached.
Yeah, should be a line from the brake booster to the intake/throttle body area.

Sponsored

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Reading through the install I see a new MAF sensor housing gets installed and the MAF sensor moved there. I also see the fuel boost pump gets installed and a connection in the driver's side (America style) rear seat kick panel gets disconnected. Lots of vacuum line stuff gets modded too from the looks of things. I don't know why you're smelling fuel. Do you have a fuel connection not mated properly and it's leaking or sucking air? Just trying to help. On the Whipple there's a fuel line jumper that gets installed to route fuel from the left to right fuel rail behind the intake. The plugs to the pressure sensors should be close by there too.

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Do you have to climb through the window to get in the car?
It’s a combination of going thru window and sliding out thru the door…..it helps to be super skinny😂

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
It’s a combination of going thru window and sliding out thru the door…..it helps to be super skinny😂
When I sold my Gran Torino sport I did the transport guy a favor and drove it into the eight car enclosed hauler. I had to climb out the window onto a small ladder next to a really, really greased jack screw. Felt like I was at Long Pond again but older and heavier.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
136! You know you have more than just bottom gear in that D4 yeah :cwl: Holy smokes, that's actually impressive!
I’ve been in a stang that started full and was empty 23 minutes later - I have targets to meet … :giggle:

Joking aside, I think I can blame it on the new h pipe and a tighter, more playful back end - each equally temps you to use the loud pedal (and I don’t motorway cruise in this car, neither do I let it idle to warm up) :like:

What you making now or did I miss the background???
It’s a Steeda shifter mount that I bought second hand from stang1087. As per my other Steeda stuff, it’s getting anodised before it goes under the car for both looks and longevity. Buying second hand (even with postage from the states) has essentially got me a batch of anodising for free when compared to U.K. prices for that part alone :like:

That looks good already! What did you do to clean it up?
Spent about 40 mins with the wet n dry (800’s) held flat on the worktop followed by a green 3M, same prep as I did on these parts, so I am hoping for the same results :

1681597779533.jpeg

There will also be some black (for me) and some gold (for another forum member) in the next batch :like:

WD :like:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Installed an MP Concepts chin spoiler.

Splitter Install.jpg
Splitter After C.jpg