Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Agreed, starting a car for a few minutes does nothing for it. A winter isn't long to store anything and people way overdo it. I've been winterizing boats and hot rods since I was a kid, most with Ford v8s. I've seen guys drown um in fogging oil, etc etc etc. You don't need to do that kind of thing unless it's going to be stored for a really long time. If it's just a few months, tend the battery (or pull it out) and leave it, it'll be fine.
Yep, been doing it that way for a long time. Give it a good long last drive to get the oil nice and hot, fill the tank on the way home and add some fuel stabilizer. Park it and don't ever start it until spring. Keep the battery charged. Easy, and it works every time with no issues.
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The worse thing you can do for contaminating the oil with water from combustion is start it and only let it run for 10 minutes.
So I should move further away from my office? Cause the drive is a 10 minute drive.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The worse thing you can do for contaminating the oil with water from combustion is start it and only let it run for 10 minutes.
You didn't say that you drive it in your previous post.
True. Today I didn’t drive it. But I do live Within 10 minutes of the office.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
True. Today I didn’t drive it. But I do live Within 10 minutes of the office.
That sucks man, sorry to hear that.. 🤣

Regardless of how far your office is, regularly idling the car for 10min in garage doesn't make any good for it. You basically make it run in cold start mode all the time and mess up the oil. If you need to drive it, well then not much you can do of course.

Deleted member 69033

So I should move further away from my office? Cause the drive is a 10 minute drive.
Big difference between driving a car ten minutes and letting it sit running in the garage the same amount of time....

And yes, you should move farther away. You can't have much fun in a mustang in ten minutes anyways. I recommend at least a 20 minute commute.

Go list your house.....

Sponsored

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
You guys are enablers!! I'm thinking my GT needs one. How does this stay in place?
These legs press snug into the cup holders.

9A76D70C-FB75-4FBD-B727-C90E9058FD4C.jpeg