Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
This picture sums up working in the rear subframe better than any words could :facepalm:
Ford Developers;
Hey Bob, this subframe is pretty fucked, I think we’ve done it.

Yeah, but it needs something more… that last bit of… I don’t know what.

I’ve got it, you know the distance between the diff and the half shaft?

Yeah. 2.9”

We’re gonna put a 3” bolt there

(Applause)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You have to cut it, I spotted it on one of CJ’s videos, but they blamed it on ford performance drive shafts :like:

WD :like:
I'll bite. How do you get the new bolt back in later?

I haven't done enough work in that area to recognize what bolt that is. What is it?

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

I haven't done enough work in that area to recognize what bolt that is. What is it?
It attaches the diff to the subframe. It’s replaced with a shorter bolt when you install diff bushing inserts.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
As long as we’re on the “what the actual fuck” subject… the brake line bracket from Ford doesn’t fit the sway bar from Ford.

Excellent work boys.

810CB463-BEAF-46AA-AAE5-5618159C9AFE.jpeg

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just put a set of Michelin 305/35/19 pilot super sports on the car also added Steeda Camber Mount rear Adjustment Kit 2015-2022 To say installing it was a pain in the ass is an understatement!
1754F519-724E-4EB7-ABDC-2D8FB393913E.jpeg

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

It attaches the diff to the subframe. It’s replaced with a shorter bolt when you install diff bushing inserts.

Yeah as above :like:

Unless you are doing the through bolt kit, the standard 'puck' style kit uses two bolts in place of the standard one.

The ford bolt comes out (with a sawzall ...) and it's replaced with a slightly shorter one, then a second short bolt (with the puck on it) is screwed in from the other side of that bolt hole :like:

WD :like:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
In addition to working on it to make sure the shocks, struts, springs, brake lines and sway bars are installed and bushings are clocked…

I PAID IT OFF!

Ordered in March of 21, drove it home April 4th 2021. Paid in full today!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
In addition to working on it to make sure the shocks, struts, springs, brake lines and sway bars are installed and bushings are clocked…

I PAID IT OFF!

Ordered in March of 21, drove it home April 4th 2021. Paid in full today!
Congrats on paying it off.
Can I ask how you clocked the bushings? Did you do this as home?

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Congrats on paying it off.
Can I ask how you clocked the bushings? Did you do this as home?
I haven’t done it yet, but as I am in a very small garage with very little tools and amenities at my disposal…

Put the car on jack stands, take the wheel off, jack under the spring to compress the suspension until that corner juuuuust barely comes off the jack stand. Loosen all the bolts that need to be clocked on that wheel, then give it a little bounce to make sure everything is settled, then torque.

With my setup and what I have that’s the best I can do. I understand it’s not perfect but it’s the best I can do. Every shop I call acts like I’m an idiot when I ask about doing that with my alignment…

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I haven’t done it yet, but as I am in a very small garage with very little tools and amenities at my disposal…

Put the car on jack stands, take the wheel off, jack under the spring to compress the suspension until that corner juuuuust barely comes off the jack stand. Loosen all the bolts that need to be clocked on that wheel, then give it a little bounce to make sure everything is settled, then torque.

With my setup and what I have that’s the best I can do. I understand it’s not perfect but it’s the best I can do. Every shop I call acts like I’m an idiot when I ask about doing that with my alignment…
I have similar cramped quarters like yours. I had my alignment done by Ford service but I have a feeling the technician did not clock the bushings like I asked him to. I was thinking to make wheel cribs out of 2x4's, but your suggestion should work. Maybe measure the distance from the rim to the fender on the floor and then one in the air, jack the suspension to repeat that measurement and then remove the wheel?
Sponsored