Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If 25 members will chip in $10 each we will buy you a dual dashcam for Christmas.
per @KingKona I deserve no such love from M6G for I commit the cardinal sin of parking vehicles outside. And for having a warehouse full of shit stuff, and 10 motorcycles to boot taking up all that valuable space where a car should properly be parked.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
per @KingKona I deserve no such love from M6G for I commit the cardinal sin of parking vehicles outside. And for having a warehouse full of shit stuff, and 10 motorcycles to boot taking up all that valuable space where a car should properly be parked.
Nope, not buying that.
This could have happened to you in broad daylight while you were in a store for 15 minutes. Dashcam parking mode will have caught it.

Guy backed into wife's car while we were inside the restaurant. She didn't notice the small bumper scratch until the next day. Started reviewing the video and found the incident. Cop talked to the owner of that license plate and he paid her $500 deductible to get it repainted. If we didn't review the video within 2-3 days, then the file may have been overwritten.

Of course your case would have been obvious immediately.

Who's with me? $10 each to give back to a member that has contributed a LOT to the forum!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
thanks to @JohnnyGT sleuthing we knew it was an 18 wheeler that hit me. It took some managerial cajoling but the facilities guy went back to the tapes. Incident was caused by Western Express (freight) at 16:21 on 8/29.

Geico initial repair estimate is $10,000.

Geico requested the footage and is going after the carrier. FFX police have been notified the bank has the tapes. I frankly wonder if they will pursue the shipper/driver for hit and run.
When the cops came out (if they even did) when you reported the hit and run, did they ask you what that piece of plastic was for to determine if it was from your car or another vehicle?

Your insurance company will have enough ammo (with the video and left behind truck part) to make the truck company's insurance pay. The driver may be out of a job and charged ... as he should be for hit and run.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
When the cops came out (if they even did) when you reported the hit and run, did they ask you what that piece of plastic was for to determine if it was from your car or another vehicle?
cop could have cared less. He even looked at the ground and the skid marks from my tires being dragged and proclaimed the direction of travel was opposite to that depicted on the ground. He was young, probably in his first year or two of solo operation.

At first I thought the plastic might have been from under the car but then I remembered Ford wouldn't spend the money on a slab of stout plastic a full 3/8"+ thick when they could get the job done with 1/16" worth of injection-molded ABS. :)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
cop could have cared less. He even looked at the ground and the skid marks from my tires being dragged and proclaimed the direction of travel was opposite to that depicted on the ground. He was young, probably in his first year or two of solo operation.
He's got a "real good" grasp on physics, but shouldn't go in to crime investigation or forensics, lol.

At first I thought the plastic might have been from under the car but then I remembered Ford wouldn't spend the money on a slab of stout plastic a full 3/8"+ thick when they could get the job done with 1/16" worth of injection-molded ABS. :)
šŸ˜„

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Geico requested the footage and is going after the carrier. FFX police have been notified the bank has the tapes. I frankly wonder if they will pursue the shipper/driver for hit and run.
1662518126475.png

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
When the cops came out (if they even did) ........
He posted that they did......... and they thought about ticketing him for parking too close to a hydrant. SMH

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I bet that Borla Atak sounds bada$$. The S-type mufflers on mine and switchfire are pretty mean and very loud.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Personally I'd rather just pay someone to deal with that mess, especially since I've heard of people breaking bolts on removal because the factory goobered it.
I donā€™t disagree with what youā€™re saying at face value but I donā€™t let anyone touch my car. Itā€™s almost impossible to find anyone I trust and a big part of why I have my car is so I can build it myself. I complain, but I love it. The only thing on my car that I didnā€™t do myself is paint the hood.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
thanks to @JohnnyGT sleuthing we knew it was an 18 wheeler that hit me. It took some managerial cajoling but the facilities guy went back to the tapes. Incident was caused by Western Express (freight) at 16:21 on 8/29.

Geico initial repair estimate is $10,000.

It depends on if itā€™s reasonable to say the truck driver knew he hit your car. Might be hard to believe but with a truck that big sometimes you donā€™t realize when you bounce off a (comparatively) small car. It also depends if the owner of the car is desirous of prosecution or just wants to have his vehicle damage paid for.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
He posted that they did......... and they thought about ticketing him for parking too close to a hydrant. SMH
My argument would be - my car WASN'T parked that close, UNTIL the 18-wheeler (or cab) drug the car to that spot... :devil:

Glad you were able to get video of it and the idiot driver.

Yes, the truck driver should be ticketed for hit and run! C'mon now, he knew he hit something - driving over the front end of a car is quite different from driving over a 6" high curbing... Plus most rigs today also have many mirrors AND cams too.... as well as GPS tracking systems to monitor their locations.

Keep us posted, I want to hear what the response of the trucking company is.... Hold on to that video, because if they deny the claim, you have the facts to pursue other avenues if needed.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP