What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
$750 +tip
Just the ceramic coat? Or including paint correction?

a legit shop charges easily $3k for level 2 correction and cquartz finest reserve, at least around here they do

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’m still trying to decide if I can trust a dealer to fix it, or if I should get the parts and fix it myself. I’ve never let anyone else work on my Mustang before. Installing a pre painted bumper cover is within my skill set. Painting is not.
never do it yourself. There could be ton of hidden damage, such as the inner panel and qtr panel flexing depending how fast the hit was. Have a reputable body shop take it apart. You get warranty on repairs for life if its a preffered shop with insurance company so you're covered

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/A10/Whipple En-route
Just the ceramic coat? Or including paint correction?

a legit shop charges easily $3k for level 2 correction and cquartz finest reserve
Both. Gtechniq Ultra. The paint was trashed from multiple dealer washings. It’s perfect now. He’s done multiple cars of ours and plenty of high end cars. Rolls Royce was up after the Mach. Diamond Shine Motorsports Palmetto FL.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Both. Gtechniq Ultra. The paint was trashed from multiple dealer washings. It’s perfect now. He’s done multiple cars of ours and plenty of high end cars. Rolls Royce was up after the Mach. Diamond Shine Motorsports Palmetto FL.
That's a steal!

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I’m still trying to decide if I can trust a dealer to fix it, or if I should get the parts and fix it myself. I’ve never let anyone else work on my Mustang before. Installing a pre painted bumper cover is within my skill set. Painting is not.
Don't take it to a dealer; most just send it out to some local body shop. Do some research and find a shop with a good reputation in the car community in your area. Never mind that it should be inspected for damage, I would be afraid a painted bumper wouldn't match well with the quarter panels.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My first time ceramic coating. Two coats of CQUK 3.0 + reload. Complete PITA, really learned that good lighting is key. So many high spots after the first coat.

PXL_20220802_202945893.jpg

Sunlight brings out the sparkle in the GB metallic.

PXL_20220802_201756286.jpg
Nice choice of products, looks brilliant mate. :clap:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Installed a GT350 steering wheel. Feels so nice. Lets see how long I can keep it clean
IMG_1390.jpg
Get yourself some Sonax Alcantara & Upholstery Cleaner or Koch Chemie Pol Star.

Alcantara Cleaner | Sonax | Obsessed Garage
Koch-Chemie - Pol Star | The Rag Company

Colourlock Cleaning Brush | Leather & Fabric Brush | Obsessed Garage
COLOURLOCK - Leather Brush | The Rag Company

Clean semi-regularly to maintain the finish rather than doing a deep clean at longer intervals. Apply the product into an upholstery brush and work it in. Follow up with a damp towel to remove the cleaning residue.

(134) OG Interior Products - Sonax Alcantara Cleaner - YouTube

James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Get yourself some Sonax Alcantara & Upholstery Cleaner or Koch Chemie Pol Star.

Alcantara Cleaner | Sonax | Obsessed Garage
Koch-Chemie - Pol Star | The Rag Company

Colourlock Cleaning Brush | Leather & Fabric Brush | Obsessed Garage
COLOURLOCK - Leather Brush | The Rag Company

Clean semi-regularly to maintain the finish rather than doing a deep clean at longer intervals. Apply the product into an upholstery brush and work it in. Follow up with a damp towel to remove the cleaning residue.

(134) OG Interior Products - Sonax Alcantara Cleaner - YouTube
Thanks, I had heard about the Sonax cleaner and already ordered some. I'll get a brush for it too.

The tips and video were very helpful, thank you.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
OEM vs OEM I would expect to be the same brightness, no? Ive seen the sketchy aftermarket tails that are way more dim but yours should be the same as the red factory tails, right? Considering the same swap on my shadow black M1 but $700 is a decent chunk of change for a purely cosmetic mod.
Agreed, but people still always ask. So I figured I'd just prove it with a photo.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Added an accent color ....... still not sure .
20220807_112556.jpg
20220807_112547.jpg
20220807_112533.jpg
20220807_112523.jpg

63 - Late Model Restoration - 2