Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
Drove it for the first time since Oct. of last year! No good reason it took so long, just life got in the way. Owning your own company is not conducive to spare time! Man I forgot how much I like my Stang!

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Installed the fulltiltboogie shiter bracket in my '21 gt. Best hundred bucks i've spent on this car to date. Easy install with some wobble 1/4" extentions. Did not have to source shorter bolts just cut the bushings out of the nvh device and reused. Love the shifts now, hopefully will cure the lockout.
20220731_170913_HDR.jpg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Installed the fulltiltboogie shiter bracket in my '21 gt. Best hundred bucks i've spent on this car to date. Easy install with some wobble 1/4" extentions. Did not have to source shorter bolts just cut the bushings out of the nvh device and reused. Love the shifts now, hopefully will cure the lockout.
20220731_170913_HDR.jpg
Cool. I thought these brackets were for 2015 to 2017 only? I bought one of these 2nd hand and was told it wouldn't fit so I sold it. :headbang:

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Cool. I thought these brackets were for 2015 to 2017 only? I bought one of these 2nd hand and was told it wouldn't fit so I sold it. :headbang:
Site says 15-17. Mainly because of the the nvh device attached to the 2 lower bolts. FTB said it would work on 18 and up if you source the 2 bolts, same as the middle. I checked a couple ford dealers, neither had the bolts. So i ended up just pulling the bushings out out of the nvh bracket. Pretty easy, vice grip twist and the came right out. Cut away the plastic and rubber from the aluminum spacers and you can reuse the long bolts with just the spacer.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Site says 15-17. Mainly because of the the nvh device attached to the 2 lower bolts. FTB said it would work on 18 and up if you source the 2 bolts, same as the middle. I checked a couple ford dealers, neither had the bolts. So i ended up just pulling the bushings out out of the nvh bracket. Pretty easy, vice grip twist and the came right out. Cut away the plastic and rubber from the aluminum spacers and you can reuse the long bolts with just the spacer.
Ah, I see what you did there. Wish I still had mine now that you told me how you did it.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Finally got to installing a new shift knob and wheel spacers.

20220803_144632.jpg
Did you change out the reverse lockout collar too? Does that knob just screw on without any other satisfactions needed?

Where did you purchase the knob from? ... link if you have it.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I didn't do it all of this myself, but my Twister Orange Stang now has over-the-top and side stripes fitted. I think the matte black stripes tones the orange down a bit.

New stripes 1 9-8-22 b.jpg

New stripes 1 9-8-22 a.jpg

New stripes 1 9-8-22 c.jpg

Below is a prototype of blacking out around the headlamps I made from cheap vinyl that I have removed, but will re-install with proper 3M material one day soon. I think it gives the car a 'meaner' look.

Potential headlamp mask 1 9-8-22 d.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I didn't do it all of this myself, but my Twister Orange Stang now has over-the-top and side stripes fitted. I think the matte black stripes tones the orange down a bit.

Below is a prototype of blacking out around the headlamps I made from cheap vinyl that I have removed, but will re-install with proper 3M material one day soon. I think it gives the car a 'meaner' look.

I really like that headlight blackout you did! I bet that could be done with Plasticoat too if vinyl isn't available.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Did you change out the reverse lockout collar too? Does that knob just screw on without any other satisfactions needed?

Where did you purchase the knob from? ... link if you have it.
Got it from amazon. Direct replacement for s550. No reverse collar change. Unscrew old one, set the stop nut and locktight it on. Oh, make sure to check for reverse engagement before final tightening.

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
I really like that headlight blackout you did! I bet that could be done with Plasticoat too if vinyl isn't available.
Glad you like it. I already have the 3M material, and I have done the hard work to create the template. I just need to make the time to cut the final pieces. I am waiting for some warmer weather here down under to fit them.

I plan to do some blacking out the surface area below the front indicators.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, make sure to check for reverse engagement before final tightening.
I did my fitment with the car already in reverse, then just popped it into third for the final alignment check :like:

I plan to do some blacking out the surface area below the front indicators.
Looks great and it's something I keep thinking of. If you wanted a look see there is a member on here who's done both areas, but I can't remember their user name sorry ...

WD :like:

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302

pretty sweet! i like the color. (im partial to orange)
Sponsored