Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
Nice job! Did you take the calipers off to do it?
Also love those wheels.
Thanks! Yes, all the brake components came off to get them fully painted. Back and front. I was already replacing shocks/struts at the time
Sponsored

decableguy2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP, 2020 VB GT PP
Took both of them out in rain. Filled the 20 up and got it inspected, and the 16 out to dinner with the wife and daughters.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Replaced the PP1 wheels with SVEs and the stock summer tires with Michelin AS 3+ when the car was new. Now, with [only?] 15,000 miles the tread was pretty much used up. (I blame my addiction to all the fun, twisty roads around here.) Today I got a set of AS 4s installed.
And I'm tired of the brake dust, so I got a set of Powerstop Z23 pads for the Brembos. They'll be getting installed next week. If they're 90% as effective as the OEM pads, they'll be fine for my driving style and I won't miss having to constantly clean my front wheels at all.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Well done! I remember when I was that age and my father said to me, "Son, you'll probably never have the best / most expensive car on the road, but you can have the cleanest. Probably why I keep my car(s) in good shape 30 something years later.
My dad always brags about his '62 Corvette, "black on black, 327 with mechanical lifters" ya de da de da. Now when I take him for a ride in the Mustang he looks for the Oh Shit Handle LOL. But yes, I learned a lot of lessons about cars from my Dad. You can't buy that kind of knowledge transfer!
I love it. Been trying to teach my 7yr old the same. He wants to help wash the mustang but my training ground is the Excursion with bad paint andā€¦.shhh the wifeā€™s car. Teaching the young ones to appreciate the desire to take care of something is a lost art. My kids are not those of ā€œwell I didnā€™t pay for itā€. Kudos to you and your son!

Oh and I do preach as well if it touches the ground it doesnā€™t touch the car lol (even with bad paint).
I have to say I am a touch jealous reading these. My father is not at all interested in cars except for the fact his son is.

I'm also unlikely be able to have my own children, even so, I still have that desire to pass on my knowledge.

Treasure it guys.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have to say I am a touch jealous reading these. My father is not at all interested in cars except for the fact his son is.

I'm also unlikely be able to have my own children, even so, I still have that desire to pass on my knowledge.

Treasure it guys.
I know I was very lucky to have the childhood I did. 2 loving parents that have been married 50+ year now. I still have a great relationship with both. I talk to my mom ever day. I go to GA to visit once a year and they bought a small condo in Tampa to spend the winter months down here. My dad has always love cars but not always in the financial position to have fun cars. He still talks about the one that got away, a 69 Roadrunner he bought new as a young adult.

Here's a pic I took with both our mustangs a couple years ago.
Mustang x2.jpg

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Treasure it guys.
I hear you man, I hear you. And I am super thankful to have moments like this!

While I wish my dad still had that Corvette (he has dreams that she is in some garage in the mountains of Pennsylvania waiting for him to come and get her) I always appreciate it when he breaks out stories of the cars he has had in his life and some of the wild stuff that happened in them!

My son has very little interest in cars, girls, school, TV, movies or even life. It's all YouTube and Playstation so I drag him out by his friggen ears sometimes to help out with stuff like this.

I tell him "Before you know it everything is going to be electric and you won't be able to appreciate these anymore. While electric cars are fast there is no substitute for a rumble in your seat. Any girl alive today will tell you the same thing!"

For those that doubt? Go to a coffee shop where all the pretty women sit on the patio sipping their $10 lattes. Park next to a Tesla and then come out at the same time the Tesla owner does and remote start your car in NORMAL mode. Wanna bet which way the heads snap?

Tib

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Purchased a SCT BDX Tuner...in a few days a supporting tune for the Steeda intake.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I know I was very lucky to have the childhood I did. 2 loving parents that have been married 50+ year now. I still have a great relationship with both. I talk to my mom ever day. I go to GA to visit once a year and they bought a small condo in Tampa to spend the winter months down here. My dad has always love cars but not always in the financial position to have fun cars. He still talks about the one that got away, a 69 Roadrunner he bought new as a young adult.

Here's a pic I took with both our mustangs a couple years ago.
Mustang x2.jpg
Great pic and story.

BTW, I like his better. I had a black 2014 that I should have never sold.

The 13/14's were the best looking modern mustangs by far! -- And I own a 2018

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Great pic and story.

BTW, I like his better. I had a black 2014 that I should have never sold.

The 13/14's were the best looking modern mustangs by far! -- And I own a 2018

Haha, eventually it will be mine and in the same condition its in right now. I do not wish for that day to ever come.

He's done pretty well for our family. This one stays in GA and isn't his primary vehicle. He also has a 94 Mustang Cobra sitting down at the condo in Florida.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Pulled it into the garage at work, since Death Storm 2022 is due to hit soon, with a tornado warning to boot.
1653666732975.jpeg

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Out with the old and in with the new. Should get another degree of camber

BB93C085-B94B-447D-A808-54931474709B.jpeg

719F18DE-B257-4407-AF64-09BECA9046B2.jpeg

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
My 2020 GT is scheduled for a dynamometer test at 4pm.
Itā€™s stock; I hope I broke it in well enough.
Itā€™s going to be 80 degrees and humid during the test, though. šŸ˜•

Iā€™m posting before the test to say
Iā€™d like to see 415hp at the wheels.
ā€¦But with this weather should be happy with anything over 400hp?

Edit: Itā€™s supposedly 71 degrees right now, so maybe it wonā€™t be so bad.
94% humidity, though.

Edit #2: Something ainā€™t right, and the technicians are wondering if Mustangs have a dyno mode. šŸ˜…

Last edited:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
My 2020 GT is scheduled for a dynamometer test at 4pm.
Itā€™s stock; I hope I broke it in well enough.
Itā€™s going to be 80 degrees and humid during the test, though. šŸ˜•

Iā€™m posting before the test to say
Iā€™d like to see 415hp at the wheels.
ā€¦But with this weather maybe I should be happy with anything over 400hp.
sounds exciting ... post some pictures
Sponsored