Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
I see they make several different types. What style did you do? Chrome? Brushed Metal?
Well, I did a "custom color fusion emblem" My design is very complex with a lot of various colors; a lot going on. So that looked like the best option for what I wanted and how detailed my image was. The only options I have there are between a white or black acrylic, or aluminum composite.

I originally went with Black acrylic. The emblem they did looked fantastic; but there were some issues I couldn't foresee.
The decklid panel has a bit of a curve to it. Its not much, but its enough. The emblem itself was actually slightly concave, in the opposite direction. VERY slightly, but those slight curves combined for sad results.
The acrylic DOES NOT want to flex at all. When I tried to press the emblem down, it cracked across the middle.

Contacted them and told them the problem, they were extremely helpful; suggested that the aluminum composite might be a little more pliable... also suggested I downsize it a bit which I had to admit was correct.
They even gave me a break on the price for the second try and rushed the fabrication for me. So great customer service to go along with top notch quality...

Aluminum composite was perfect; I was able to bend it a little bit without breaking it; went down perfectly on the curved decklid, and looks great.
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Completely disagree.

The resonator is actually an anti resonator that mitigates drone. Take it out and you will surely hear the drone at around 1500rpm.

For more loudness you are better served trying different axleback products.
Thank you for a reasonable response to this question. I was genuinely curious why Ford put it in there. So many people remove it. Drone. I get it now. Some people don't care about drone. Ford obviously wouldn't want that for the masses and other reasons.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I did a "custom color fusion emblem" My design is very complex with a lot of various colors; a lot going on. So that looked like the best option for what I wanted and how detailed my image was. The only options I have there are between a white or black acrylic, or aluminum composite.

I originally went with Black acrylic. The emblem they did looked fantastic; but there were some issues I couldn't foresee.
The decklid panel has a bit of a curve to it. Its not much, but its enough. The emblem itself was actually slightly concave, in the opposite direction. VERY slightly, but those slight curves combined for sad results.
The acrylic DOES NOT want to flex at all. When I tried to press the emblem down, it cracked across the middle.

Contacted them and told them the problem, they were extremely helpful; suggested that the aluminum composite might be a little more pliable... also suggested I downsize it a bit which I had to admit was correct.
They even gave me a break on the price for the second try and rushed the fabrication for me. So great customer service to go along with top notch quality...

Aluminum composite was perfect; I was able to bend it a little bit without breaking it; went down perfectly on the curved decklid, and looks great.
Good to know. I’ll keep all that in mind as I work on it.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
i didn’t use the rear clamps. I had my local muffler shop weld it in. No sagging re-using the front clamps. It fit perfectly. I believe he cut the rear about 5” back from the resonator
Ok thanks. I have been on the fence about installing mine due to some complaining about some sag but Ill be looking to weld it as well then. Thanks again!

Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Plus we all know how young adults can get with hormones and high school drama and just life stress of becoming an adult, we didnt always make the right decisions and acted on those stupid impulses and thoughts in our head.
maybe just show him this ... "there will be a test after" :)

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Completely disagree.

The resonator is actually an anti resonator that mitigates drone. Take it out and you will surely hear the drone at around 1500rpm.

For more loudness you are better served trying different axleback products.
Nope. I burnt mine out by adding a blower. It rattled like you wouldn’t believe after awhile. Got rid of it

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
Bought mine! 19 GT Premium, love it!
E327DCD7-C876-4465-9A0C-ACE524F77478.jpeg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok thanks. I have been on the fence about installing mine due to some complaining about some sag but Ill be looking to weld it as well then. Thanks again!
The Steeda clips are chinsy as I recall. Much beefier/better ones were available from Amazon (Moog brand?)

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
The Steeda clips are chinsy as I recall. Much beefier/better ones were available from Amazon (Moog brand?)
Thank you! I will look into that brand.

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I had mine welded on about a year ago, no issues. Welds in the back, clamp in the front. Steeda X pipe.

Richard

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Walked past it in the garage leaving for work.......its wet out.
Not sure if that was an option on the Bulllitt, but I must've checked the box "windshield wipers." It makes driving in rain so much nicer.
10/10 would recommend. :giggle:

Otherwise this is an option:
1648729743007.png

1WILDHORSE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geers
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F350, 2023 Mach 1
Removed a 60lb brick from underneath the car….Steeda Xpipe in
4EEF98CD-0011-4784-B513-B7C488102F5A.jpeg
Not trying to be a douche and call you out, but I also just did this to my 2019 GT. And like with every mod that I do, I weigh everything :giggle:

The OE resonator weighs 16.8lbs and I installed the Borla Switchfire that weighs in at 11.18lbs for a savings of a measly 5.6lbs.

Can't wait to get it out and hear what it sounds like. Hoping for a deeper tone.

IMG_4530[1].JPG
Sponsored