Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
How much does the overlay add in terms of height ontop of the plastic? It seems to fit flush now to the heated seat buttons, and not out of place at all. I was looking at the other bits available (by the window switches)... does it raise the material to a point that it looks out of place?

I saw the alcantara surround on the radio, I really like it.... not sure about the chrome yet either...
Sponsored

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium Vert 401A A10
Vehicle Showcase
... for your consideration. Those 3.5s look like JBL 89db sensitivity speakers. If you're going to keep the factory headunit (amp), I found a higher sensitivity speaker (louder at the lower wattage levels) worked much better for me and balanced well with the other factory speakers I kept. I used Hertz DCX 87.3 speaker at 91 dB, and yes, incredible difference. I replaced the two in the door and will do the centre stack next (disconnected right now). Always add the 600Hz in line bass blockers... I tried both with and without and the 600Hz clears up so much distortion, you can't believe it until you try it both ways.

2x Hertz 87.3 speakers $80 CDN and 600Hz bass blockers $13 CDN.

See my post about it here... another option for consideration.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fixed-help-installed-mids-9-speaker-no-sound.164055/
Exactly correct. Those are the JBL GX’s which are 2.3ohm 89db sensitivity. They are loud & clean. It no longer sounds like the speakers are wrapped in a wet blanket. Now my 2 JL 10’s in the trunk don’t dominate & I didn’t have to gut the factory system.. Thanks for helping KingKona with his questions.

FLfree

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance
How much does the overlay add in terms of height ontop of the plastic? It seems to fit flush now to the heated seat buttons, and not out of place at all. I was looking at the other bits available (by the window switches)... does it raise the material to a point that it looks out of place?

I saw the alcantara surround on the radio, I really like it.... not sure about the chrome yet either...
It sits perfectly flush to the surround of the heated/cooled seats.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Exactly correct. Those are the JBL GX’s which are 2.3ohm 89db sensitivity. They are loud & clean. It no longer sounds like the speakers are wrapped in a wet blanket. Now my 2 JL 10’s in the trunk don’t dominate & I didn’t have to gut the factory system.. Thanks for helping KingKona with his questions.
Okay... this settles it in my mind, as there are a lot of 89,90 and 91 dB offerings then a bunch of cheaper 83 or lower dB ones... so 89 or above is the way to go. I wasn't sure and stuck to the higher end. This is good to know...
It sits perfectly flush to the surround of the heated/cooled seats.
I'm getting then. Thank you.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Wait....no.....now I've got more questions. Are the JBLs the proper power/sound range?

What about the 2 JL 10s in the back? What are those?

Do I use BassBlockers with all of these? Why do I want to block the bass? I think I should be dropping it instead.

I can't stand how tinny this system sounds.

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait....no.....now I've got more questions. Are the JBLs the proper power/sound range?

What about the 2 JL 10s in the back? What are those?

Do I use BassBlockers with all of these? Why do I want to block the bass? I think I should be dropping it instead.

I can't stand how tinny this system sounds.
I have the premium sound 9 speaker system. That means I didn’t get a sub. So I am just upgrading where the system is lacking. The 6.5’s are good I’m leaving them alone. The 3.5’s are crap so I replaced them. The teeets are so so…so far I’ve left them, but I may replace them down the line. The new JBL’s are so much crisper/cleaner that the tweets are livable now. I added subs to the trunk for added bass. That’s it no bass blockers (not familiar with those). It sounds much improved as you can imagine. Hope that helps.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Nice! I have heard great things about this polisher. As a Makita cordless tool user I want one so bad but man it is pricey. I'm sure I'll splurge at some point though.
one vendor was $120 less on amazon over list. but yeah, still $$. tried it and its def way smoother than my porter cable. I really like the feature for random, or random plus forced rotation. That sold me. Tried it on my counter, and not you would normally press on it hard - but I tried that and it didnt stop the backing pad spinning at all in either mode. Lots of torque. and ... no more cord!!! got other 18v makita tools so have 4 batteries ... ie battery life isnt an issue for me.

DeepakGTCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 J7 California Special
Added a roush cold air intake, and some anchor room amber headlight tint

656606DF-B74D-4C27-BD73-96699DD81556.jpeg

4DBBC710-3723-4E08-90B9-3C819F71F6CE.jpeg

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Installed lowering spring, aligment & support bushings to one side & removed front shocks. Also passenger catch can, & jacking rails. Busy day!

20220322_200722.jpg

20220321_164153.jpg

20220321_164025.jpg

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Did you leave the tweeters connected or disconnect them after replacing the 3.5s in the doors?

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you leave the tweeters connected or disconnect them after replacing the 3.5s in the doors?
I left them connected. My buddy is going to install some fresh one’s this weekend. After driving it around this afternoon it was quickly obvious they need upgrading.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Installed lowering spring, aligment & support bushings to one side & removed front shocks. Also passenger catch can, & jacking rails. Busy day!

20220322_200722.jpg

20220321_164153.jpg

20220321_164025.jpg

I've been debating catch cans for a while. I have a Bullitt (so 5.0 Coyotte) and wife has a used F150 3.5 ecoboost.
I've read about potential benefits of them.
Bullitt has 35,3xx miles (will be out of warranty within a week) and wive's has 105,xxx miles. Is it too late to add them, or would I still benefit?

JnBama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Mishimoto coolant tank and JLT strut covers , I'm kinda iffy about the covers

20220323_143032  Mish.jpg
Sponsored