Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I believe they fit up to current year, 2022. Fit perfectly into the car without any issue other than the connectors needing a little more pressure to seat in properly compared to oem. Other than that perfect fit.
oh they'll fit but the design is different. Aslong as you're okay with that that's all. Some folks messed up since they're more curved on 2018+

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
I removed the hood prop rod today. I felt kind of stupid, because I installed the Redline hood struts a few weeks ago, and when I finished, it never occurred to me to remove the factory prop rod. Maybe Redline should add that step to the instruction video. Anyone else forget to do this?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I removed the hood prop rod today. I felt kind of stupid, because I installed the Redline hood struts a few weeks ago, and when I finished, it never occurred to me to remove the factory prop rod. Maybe Redline should add that step to the instruction video. Anyone else forget to do this?
I removed mine at first, but there wasn't a good place to store it. So I decided to store it right back where it came from.

Besides, if the struts age and don't lift as hard in the cold, or if I'm on the side of the road in high winds, I'll use the prop rod again.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I removed mine at first, but there wasn't a good place to store it. So I decided to store it right back where it came from.

Besides, if the struts age and don't lift as hard in the cold, or if I'm on the side of the road in high winds, I'll use the prop rod again.
So how much slower is your car after putting the rod back on? Did you see a decrease in gas mileage? :giggle:

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
oh they'll fit but the design is different. Aslong as you're okay with that that's all. Some folks messed up since they're more curved on 2018+
I see what youā€™re talking about now. Iā€™ll live with it for now. Maybe wait a bit till the ford ones become available and swap to those as I know I can get them for near cost. Sucks I didnā€™t notice this prior to ordering and installing but oh well. Still looks good just not as aggressive.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Decided to swap out the factory 3.5ā€™s made out of tissue paper with some JBLā€™s. Night & day difference & I havenā€™t turned off the EQ in Forscan yet.
12D0F5BD-5670-4BC4-97D2-4E6EFC216A44.jpeg
CB2211B0-6113-443A-8082-0B6537C29646.jpeg
4DBF4E14-49F8-405D-B427-930B40CCE135.jpeg
Can you share more info please?

What's the difference in sound? Which JBL speakers? Model number? From where?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
So how much slower is your car after putting the rod back on? Did you see a decrease in gas mileage? :giggle:
None from the rod, but certainly from all the other bolt-ons!

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Can you share more info please?

What's the difference in sound? Which JBL speakers? Model number? From where?
... for your consideration. Those 3.5s look like JBL 89db sensitivity speakers. If you're going to keep the factory headunit (amp), I found a higher sensitivity speaker (louder at the lower wattage levels) worked much better for me and balanced well with the other factory speakers I kept. I used Hertz DCX 87.3 speaker at 91 dB, and yes, incredible difference. I replaced the two in the door and will do the centre stack next (disconnected right now). Always add the 600Hz in line bass blockers... I tried both with and without and the 600Hz clears up so much distortion, you can't believe it until you try it both ways.

(edit: and I disconnected the factory tweeters at the same time)

2x Hertz 87.3 speakers $80 CDN and 600Hz bass blockers $13 CDN.

See my post about it here... another option for consideration.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fixed-help-installed-mids-9-speaker-no-sound.164055/

Last edited:

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
... for your consideration. Those 3.5s look like JBL 89db sensitivity speakers. If you're going to keep the factory headunit (amp), I found a higher sensitivity speaker (louder at the lower wattage levels) worked much better for me and balanced well with the other factory speakers I kept. I used Hertz DCX 87.3 speaker at 91 dB, and yes, incredible difference. I replaced the two in the door and will do the centre stack next (disconnected right now). Always add the 600Hz in line bass blockers... I tried both with and without and the 600Hz clears up so much distortion, you can't believe it until you try it both ways.

2x Hertz 87.3 speakers $80 CDN and 600Hz bass blockers $13 CDN.

See my post about it here... another option for consideration.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/fixed-help-installed-mids-9-speaker-no-sound.164055/
I wish I could understand the things you've posted here. Can you clarify for someone that doesn't speak "audio"??? I've highlighted in red the parts that mean nothing to me.

I'm looking for something that is easy for a complete noob to install, not to tear out the entire system and replace it. Just speakers really.

What is the sound difference? I want to stop the sound from breaking up when I crank the music. And stop the buzzing and rattling.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
I wish I could understand the things you've posted here. Can you clarify for someone that doesn't speak "audio"??? I've highlighted in red the parts that mean nothing to me.

I'm looking for something that is easy for a complete noob to install, not to tear out the entire system and replace it. Just speakers really.

What is the sound difference? I want to stop the sound from breaking up when I crank the music. And stop the buzzing and rattling.
Here is what I used:

https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_301DCX873/Hertz-DCX-87-3.html
https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_007BB600/Crutchfield-Bass-Blockers-600-Hz-cut-off.html

Some minor modifications of the plastic housing, but super easy. Reach out, we'll help you along.

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
We engineers call that ā€œbelt and suspendersā€ attitude. I have been guilty of that most of my life.

Virnman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2019 GT Premium Vert 401A A10
Vehicle Showcase
I wanna do this but I'm terrified of creating new rattles later, lol. I guess you can just order and replace all the clips you unseat. FYI some people think that center speaker ruins the soundstage, try unplugging it to see if you like it better gone.
haha YES! That is a real concern. I always keep extra clips handy for my rides & make sure everything is tight again.

The center speaker is interesting for sure. I donā€™t have an issue with it because I lose sound with the top down (which is mostly how I drive it as a summer car). Iā€™m really curious turning off the factory EQ in Forscan. I heard that us a big game changer.

FLfree

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance